Blue Jays GDT: (2016 v9) Next: VS SF| Tues, May 10| 10pm ET/7pm PT | Happ vs Cain

Status
Not open for further replies.

SDig14

Feb 19, 2010
Edmonton, AB
Why is Happ more successful now than in previous years? What has he changed?

For me, beyond the fact the coaching in Pittsburgh helped him, it's his realization he will win and lose with command of the fastball. He's throwing more fastballs and is locating it very well.

His fastball opens up all of his other pitches.

Doesn't hurt that he hasn't missed up hardly at all this year.

MJ65

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
Look like it's going to be Osuna in 9th, I would give Happ to finish it off (but the bottom line is we need "W")

canucksfan

Mar 16, 2002
British Columbia
Visit site
Fine tuned his mechanics when he joined the Pirates. Also says that he has improved mentally and got rid of some bad habits in his game.

For me, beyond the fact the coaching in Pittsburgh helped him, it's his realization he will win and lose with command of the fastball. He's throwing more fastballs and is locating it very well.

His fastball opens up all of his other pitches.

Doesn't hurt that he hasn't missed up hardly at all this year.

Thanks

KarmaPolice

Snack enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
In Limbo
With his OBP, Saunders seems like the best lead-off man on this team. At least until Travis is back, if he can ever get healthy.

Gargyn

Oct 19, 2006
Kelowna, BC
Bautista .207
Tulo .171
Martin .157
Goins .156

Wtf is going on? I know Bautista has a solid obp but he isn't getting 25 or 30 per year with that average. And we aren't winning the pendant with this hitting. Is it the hitting coach? I just don't understand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad