2016 Training camp (and season prep)

Status
Not open for further replies.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
His skating was the one thing holding him back but it seems to be above average.

I dunno if I'm ready to proclaim his skating to be above average just yet. He's not exactly skating in NHL caliber situations just yet but he has been keeping up so far so thats good.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
You'd think that his draft position would help him in this case, and he's only 3 months older than Christian Dvorak, and people think he's hot ****. Scott Cullen wrote an article about the top rookies coming into this season and there was no mention of Labanc or even Meier. So being a Shark also doesn't seem to help.

To be fair, I really don't think Dvorak is ever going to score much in the NHL.

Lebanezer

I'unno? Coast Guard?
Jul 24, 2006
San Jose
To be fair, I really don't think Dvorak is ever going to score much in the NHL.

I'm in that boat as well. Craig Button rated Dvorak as the 3rd best NHL affiliated prospect last year ahead of Kyle Connor, Mitch Marner and Zach Werenski. Labanc didn't make his list.

Sideshow Raheem

Dec 22, 2015
I'm in that boat as well. Craig Button rated Dvorak as the 3rd best NHL affiliated prospect last year ahead of Kyle Connor, Mitch Marner and Zach Werenski. Labanc didn't make his list.

Yeah that's insane. He played almost his entire junior career between Marner and either Domi or Tkachuk, always definitively the third-best player on the line. Meanwhile the best player Labanc ever played with was who, Blandisi?

Lebanezer

I'unno? Coast Guard?
Jul 24, 2006
San Jose
I posted this in the prospects thread, but I just thought I'd mention it here. Noah Rod just signed a 5 year extension with his Swiss team. It has an NHL out clause though.

OffSydes

#tank2014/5
Aug 14, 2011
What player is trying to make the NHL?

acUy4Ww.png

5dstFmg.png

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
I second the previous post. Who the hell cares what they post on their social media? But then again, it's not really about that as much as it is looking for an excuse to show bias.

Used As A Shield

Aug 10, 2011
Good lord, I don't recall this amount of prospect crediting/discrediting and "seen him once" hot takes amongst shark fans ever. Such a strange offseason.

Sysreq

Apr 9, 2015
Labanc's playmaking is underrated. He was a huge part in getting Justin Scott his contract.

I really like LaBanc from what I have seen over the past 2 weeks of camp. Part of me really hopes he makes the team, but I also would hate to see the potential ruined by being rushed.

Whenever the timing is right, he is gonna be a beast.

DonskoiDonscored

Oct 12, 2013
Is it underrated? I kinda thought playmaking was his thing. 88 assists last year and 76 the year before.

All anyone is talking about in camp is his ability to score clutch goals. He hasn't had an opportunity to showcase his playmaking because he is still adjusting and doesn't have the best linemates. He's still figuring it out, but what we're seeing now doesn't represent his overall game (obviously).

do0glas

Jan 26, 2012

I'll be so disappointed honestly.

I get it. I do. It's a fantastic line, probably top 3 in the nhl. But this move causes two possibilities.

Marleau at 3c. Neutered offensively and literally just a line that can eat some minutes

Or tierney at 3c. Good offensively. Leaky defensively. If they paid him with wingels expect poor possession numbers.

I would much rather use the earlier parts of the season to develop hertl and find a good spot for goldobin or labanc, whoever gets the look. It also makes me heavily question the point to getting boedker. But that's another thread.

Sideshow Raheem

Dec 22, 2015
Marleau at 3C really isn't that bad with the right linemates. Tierney at 3C on the other hand is a black hole defensively. That line has been proven to lose every matchup regardless of wingers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad