2016 Training camp (and season prep)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
One thread to collect posts from the guys prep'ing for the season, etc.

World Cup camps open 9/5.

Sounds like rookie camps open 9/15. Which means full camp opens a week later (9/22).

Who's already "in town" prep'ing for season? Thornton, Burns, Pavelski (3 of the guys heading to WC camps), Marleau, Carpenter, Haley, Mueller, Goldobin, Ryan.

Former Sharks skating too (looking to play this season): Acolaste, Setoguchi, Winnik (Caps).

Hanging out: Hannan, Kyle McLaren

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
One thread to collect posts from the guys prep'ing for the season, etc.

World Cup camps open 9/5.

Sounds like rookie camps open 9/15. Which means full camp opens a week later (9/22).

Who's already "in town" prep'ing for season? Thornton, Burns, Pavelski (3 of the guys heading to WC camps), Marleau, Carpenter, Haley, Mueller, Goldobin, Ryan.

Former Sharks skating too (looking to play this season): Acolaste, Setoguchi, Winnik (Caps).

Hanging out: Hannan, Kyle McLaren

Do we see either of these coming back and playing this season? Don't see where Acolaste would fit in. Seto would be a great addition though if Goldobin gets called up to the big squad.

Realized that I didn't say coming back for the Cuda.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
Didnt Hannan retire a few months ago? And McLaren retired/stopped passing physicals 6 years ago. Am I missing the joke?

And.. Devin Setoguchi coming back?

Former Sharks often come out and skate with the guys (especially "early" on). By the time it's 1-2 weeks before training camp starts (IOW starting next week), the "extras" are done and the guys focus in on the upcoming camp. (Many of the alumni and NHLers leave for their own rink by then, too.)

Igor (heading to SLB rookie camp) may be around another week. But Seto and Acolaste, sans contracts, might get dropped.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
Toured the Sharks locker room last night (STH perk).

Noted that the "expected" names were on the lockers from last season (Spaling's still needed to be taken down :D). But no "new" names for the upcoming season (including Boedekker and Schlemko).

So, at least one cannot assume that anyone will be making the team (yet).

http://www.nhlpa.com/news/nhlpa-rookie-showcase-in-review

NHLPA held their rookie showcase (with two Sharks) for 27 players who could make their NHL debut in the coming season.

Love the reaction of Meier to the bubblehockey game.

DonskoiDonscored

Oct 12, 2013
I forgot that Schlemko picked #5. You almost gave me a heart attack as I was thinking back to the last #5 we had on the team :laugh:

UncMike

Feb 13, 2012
Any news on how many invites this year or when rookie rosters will be announced?

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
Any news on how many invites this year or when rookie rosters will be announced?

Rookies scheduled to arrive circa 9/14. So roster might be announced that week.

+20 +33 +63 +68 +72

(Nice to see so many young guys, and last year's AHLers taking advantage to try and improve their chance at NHL roster spot.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad