WC: 2016 Team Finland

Status
Not open for further replies.

snizzbone*

Anyone know if the may 3rd USA/Finland exhibition game will be televised?

FiLe

Mr. Know-It-Nothing
Oct 9, 2009
The release of the final team is sure taking its sweet time. And I actually heard whispers as to why. Apparently they're waiting a word on some late-late addition.

No idea of the name though. But if you want an educated guess, I'd say it's either a d-man or a goalie.

perstakli

Jan 21, 2015
The release of the final team is sure taking its sweet time. And I actually heard whispers as to why. Apparently they're waiting a word on some late-late addition.

No idea of the name though. But if you want an educated guess, I'd say it's either a d-man or a goalie.

My money's on Lindell. There's been rumors, and it seems like it could be possible (Stars D-corps being quite full, AHL season over, etc) as long as all parties find common ground.

Mestaruus

Apr 11, 2011

Yeah. I expected it to be released by 12:00. Latest around 15:00. I hope those whispers are true. A goalie from North-America or Rasmus Ristolainen having contract done would make my day.

FiLe

Mr. Know-It-Nothing
Oct 9, 2009
My money's on Lindell. There's been rumors, and it seems like it could be possible (Stars D-corps being quite full, AHL season over, etc) as long as all parties find common ground.
My guesswork has it narrowed down to him, or Saros, or Honka.

The latter's season in the AHL has been pretty much identical to Pokka, who made it straight to the team, so that's no grounds to shun on Honka either.

For comparison:
Pokka, 76GP 10+35, +/- 0
Honka, 73GP 11+33, +1

Of course, they already got two smallish RH puckmovers in Pokka and Hietanen, so would they do anything with a third? Lindell would of course be a no-brainer.

Mestaruus

Apr 11, 2011
Did Lindell and Honka play as pair in AHL?

One defender today and then leave 1 spot open for goalie from round 2. Rinne, Lehtonen or Niemi. There's a small chance Rinne got injured in last game though. I mean no need to lock in the 3rd goalie in a while. Husso for example could wait.

Last edited:

rduck1

Dec 26, 2013
Finland
One of the Dallas defenders could well be released, considering they're probably something like 9th and 10th on the depth chart, and the big club's health situation seems to be quite good right now. Lindell would definitely be a fantastic addition(played together with Pokka in Malmö too, IIRC), and Honka could be useful too if the plan is to play with 8 defensemen.

FiLe

Mr. Know-It-Nothing
Oct 9, 2009
Did Lindell and Honka play as pair in AHL?
At least they did not in the playoffs. Didn't watch the Texas Stars that closely to say whether they did earlier in the season.

Though I consider that to be largely irrelevat as far the big club's needs go.

FiLe

Mr. Know-It-Nothing
Oct 9, 2009
BOTH Saros and Lindell? Jaysus, that's like May Day, Xmas and my last five birthdays all lumped together.

Love the team.

---

Let's put it up here as well.

Goalies
Niklas Bäckström, Calgary Flames
Mikko Koskinen, SKA St. Petersburg
Juuse Saros, Milwaukee Admirals

Defensemen
Juuso Hietanen, Dynamo Moscow
Topi Jaakola, Jokerit
Tommi Kivistö, Avtomobilist Yekaterinburg
Lasse Kukkonen, Kärpät
Esa Lindell, Texas Stars
Atte Ohtamaa, Jokerit
Ville Pokka, Rockford IceHogs
Anssi Salmela, Brynäs IF

Forwards
Sebastian Aho, Kärpät
Aleksander Barkov, Florida Panthers
Mikael Granlund, Minnesota Wild
Jussi Jokinen, Florida Panthers
Mikko Koivu, Minnesota Wild
Leo Komarov, Toronto Maple Leafs
Jarno Koskiranta, SKA St. Petersburg
Patrik Laine, Tappara
Jani Lajunen, Tappara
Antti Pihlström, CSKA Moscow
Teemu Pulkkinen, Detroit Red Wings
Mika Pyörälä, Kärpät
Mikko Rantanen, San Antonio Rampage
Tomi Sallinen, Djurgårdens IF

QnebO

Wheel, snipe, celly
Feb 11, 2010
No mistakes making the roster.. I'm happy with that. Kudos for selecting Jarno Koskiranta, he looked really good against Russia and is big strong good 2way guy, played effortless looking game. Prolly very underrated player.

teddy83

Nov 2, 2013
Looks good, hope Saros is the no. 1 goalie and Pihlström spends the whole tournament eating popcorn

FiLe

Mr. Know-It-Nothing
Oct 9, 2009
A day to behold indeed. No stupid cuts and two GREAT late-moment additions. Whoo.

JJTT

Jan 18, 2013
Oulu
Why 15 forwards? Keeping both Pihlström and Pyörälä doesn't really make sense.

HockeyHistorian

Mar 17, 2015
I feel for MaG. I think he played well enough to earn a spot. And keeping Pihlström instead? Strange.

FiLe

Mr. Know-It-Nothing
Oct 9, 2009
Did Pihlström even play in a single exhibition game?
He did not. It's why it feels even stranger that Jere Sallinen got cut. He did great in these preliminaries IMO. Almost feel worse for him than MaG.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad