2016 Rio Olympics | GYMNASTICS | August 6th thru August 21st

Fighter

Jan 1, 2004
Trieste, Italy
Yes because women are expected to be graceful and men aren't. :laugh: It's the gender stereotypes like that codified in the very system that I hate about women's gymnastics.

For instance men's floor doesn't have music, while women have it, along with choreography which follows the music. Ask yourself why, genius. :teach2:

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Watched that NBC special about Karolyi's and Bella doesn't look in such good health

He looks like he is in early 90's not early 70's

http://www.nbcolympics.com/news/watch-full-karolyi-documentary-martha-and-bela-karolyi

If anyone is interested. Well done.

No question that the Karolyi's left a huge mark not just on the sport but Olympic history itself.

As someone born from Romanian immigrants it was cool seeing a bit of what Romania was like back then. Just on a personal level. And Nadia looks pretty good for 54 :laugh:

Also something cool about the same couple who coached Nadia went out giving the sports world someone like Simone Biles

Last edited:

Eisen

Sep 30, 2009
Duesseldorf
Just watching rhythmic gymnastics. Don't see a lot of that. I'm a little blown away. They all were fantastic. Such complex choreographies (to the untrained eye).

Tasty Biscuits

with fancy sauce
Aug 8, 2011
Pittsburgh
Just watching rhythmic gymnastics. Don't see a lot of that. I'm a little blown away. They all were fantastic. Such complex choreographies (to the untrained eye).

Yeah, some of the ribbon routines especially, depending on the color, were quite mesmerizing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad