Prospect Info: 2016 Oilers Orientation Camp - July 2nd-7th (Jasper)

lakai17

Aug 10, 2006
I thought for sure Benson was a guaranteed first rounder and still laughing that Steel got picked before him. I like Steel but I like Benson more.

oil Leaks

The Ultimate Decoy
Jul 5, 2011
Any word if there's gonna be a livestream like last year? I miss McDavid cam

Dorian2

Define that balance
Jul 17, 2009
Edmonton
I don't follow this too closely, but who's this Peter Zhong guy? Dude is lighter than me, and I'm a welter weight. (yeah, I looked up boxing weights :) )

Asher

Jun 23, 2007

For a second I thought I saw Bucky there... no I must be mistaken.

It reminded me of all the jobs Bucky was handed over the years. Then I'd listen to Stauffer talking about him, saying how he thought he might "grow into the job" at some point, basically confirming that Bucky hadn't earned the job based on his current qualifications. Oh, what times...

Jun 9, 2011
Our rookie camp is boring. There needs to be more silliness and fun for the videos at least. Start team building right at this level, as soon as they guys are introduced to the system. If we are doing that, put it on the website, what a dull team.

Big believer in the team building activities, Vancouver and Montreal have great examples throughout the year. Diaper changing, blind dodgeball etc. Engage fans and players.

Just adding Perry Pearn seems to be the one responsible for most of the Canuck team building.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Our rookie camp is boring. There needs to be more silliness and fun for the videos at least. Start team building right at this level, as soon as they guys are introduced to the system. If we are doing that, put it on the website, what a dull team.

Big believer in the team building activities, Vancouver and Montreal have great examples throughout the year. Diaper changing, blind dodgeball etc. Engage fans and players.

Just adding Perry Pearn seems to be the one responsible for most of the Canuck team building.

Yes, because if there's anything Montreal likes it's players with personality.

I see what you're saying, but these are also kids coming to an NHL camp, I assume the team wants to just make it a comfortable experience for all of them.

doulos

Oct 4, 2007

How about we avoid doing what organizations like Montreal and Vancouver are doing, and do things the way that teams like Pittsburgh/Chicago do! ;) Maybe they do silly games as well, I have no idea.

Pointteen

Jun 9, 2008
New Brunswick

Who knows, could be excellent off camera.

Oilers in Jasper remind me of Dustin Penner and the mask. I will say that the team does seem to miss those prankster types.

Reasoner, Greene and Penner were a great trio to have in a locker room.

BarDownBobo

Oct 19, 2012
City of Champions
He has two years left on his KHL deal--he needs more time to develop and keeping him in Europe is not a bad idea

Everything I've seen seems to say his KHL contract expires at the end of the 16/17 season. Depending how the season goes with Kazan we could potentially see him in NA at the end of this season similar to Tryamkin this past year.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
Everything I've seen seems to say his KHL contract expires at the end of the 16/17 season. Depending how the season goes with Kazan we could potentially see him in NA at the end of this season similar to Tryamkin this past year.

Thought it was a 3 year deal he signed with AK bars for the 15/16 season meaning he was signed till 17/18?

The KHL is crazy with contract--Like the automatic renewal process that unless you or your agent in writing tells the team you do not want to extend the contract by a certain date--you get a new contract. That was one of the debates with Slepeshev last year.Ufa tried to say he did not follow procedure in notifying the team he was ending his contract

SupremeTeam16

5-14-6-1
May 31, 2013
Baker’s Bay
I have a good feeling about Benson. Lots of talent, hard worker and if he can stay healthy I wouldn't be surprised to see him sneak into the lineup in 2017-18.

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
I have a good feeling about Benson. Lots of talent, hard worker and if he can stay healthy I wouldn't be surprised to see him sneak into the lineup in 2017-18.

Ya, I'm starting to warm up to the pick as well. Seems like a good and hard-working kid. Curious to see how he looks in camp and how he'll develop next season. Hopefully he can take off points-wise and be a part of the canadian WJC team.

40oz

Jan 21, 2007
Thought it was a 3 year deal he signed with AK bars for the 15/16 season meaning he was signed till 17/18?

The KHL is crazy with contract--Like the automatic renewal process that unless you or your agent in writing tells the team you do not want to extend the contract by a certain date--you get a new contract. That was one of the debates with Slepeshev last year.Ufa tried to say he did not follow procedure in notifying the team he was ending his contract

His KHL contract will expire on Apr. 30, 2017, and at that point he is expected to move to North America.
According to Seren-Rosso it expires at the end of next season. But I'm with you with those crazy KHL contracts. I'm won't trust anything until he's landed at EIA :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad