2016 NHL Entry Draft (Part IV)

Status
Not open for further replies.

lomiller1

Jan 13, 2015
What number is the CHI pick? I keep seeing people say 22, but it looks to me like it should be 24.

heretik27

Apr 18, 2013
Winnipeg
What number is the CHI pick? I keep seeing people say 22, but it looks to me like it should be 24.

That's because one of Pittsburgh/Washington and one of Dallas/St Louis has to lose in the second round which bumps us down another two spots. Hope that explains it for you.

Staghorn

Jul 7, 2013
This. According to one draft value chart I saw, 22 and 36 are worth 11. Do you do that if you you think a top-8 talent has fallen? Do Ottawa or NJ need more depth?

You DEFINITELY do that trade if you are Winnipeg - best prospect depth in the NHL now that WPG adds Laine or Matthews, and Connor next year too. WPG doesn't need quantity, just quality. I'd easily move that second pick plus the 22 to move up - I'd bet one of Sergachev, Juolevi or Chychrun is still around at 12. Grab which ever one is left and smile.

heretik27

Apr 18, 2013
Winnipeg
You DEFINITELY do that trade if you are Winnipeg - best prospect depth in the NHL now that WPG adds Laine or Matthews, and Connor next year too. WPG doesn't need quantity, just quality. I'd easily move that second pick plus the 22 to move up - I'd bet one of Sergachev, Juolevi or Chychrun is still around at 12. Grab which ever one is left and smile.

I don't know if a 2nd is enough to be the difference of 10 spots with a likely top 4 dman up for grabs (potentially top pairing). A lot of teams can benefit from a boost to their d core.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012

It's 22.

Trading up from 22? Meh... it's an option I guess. I'd rather just draft two of Dineen/Allard/Clague/Girard/Johansen with 22 and 36 and be done with it

I just hope we don't do something stupid with the 22 pick like trading it back to Chicago for Shaw.

lomiller1

Jan 13, 2015
That's because one of Pittsburgh/Washington and one of Dallas/St Louis has to lose in the second round which bumps us down another two spots. Hope that explains it for you.

Chi finished 5th overall due to their ROW, bumping their pick down 2 should take it to 24, no?

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Chi finished 5th overall due to their ROW, bumping their pick down 2 should take it to 24, no?

Division winners get seeded ahead of other teams regardless of points.

The final four also get seeded higher.

Duke749

Savannah Ghost Pirates
Apr 6, 2010
Canton, Georgia
Unless someone you go to is really on board with trading down AND you really like someone, I think you sit on those two picks. Getting the #2 pick changes our perspective a bit. We get great quality with our first pick now. Think some quantity wouldn't hurt. We will have so many options now going forward for trade.

lomiller1

Jan 13, 2015
Division winners get seeded ahead of other teams regardless of points.

The final four also get seeded higher.

Ah, I thought it was just division champions, but other than the SC champ the lowest picks actually go to the regular season points leaders. It seems odd that that team who wins the division can end up with a higher pick than one of the teams they beat.

Halfy

yes its Jack from MVP
Jul 23, 2013
Canada
Here ya'll go. Get Hype.

Not Just a Shot.

But talking about his shot....

Watch the second assist in this video. Shows off the playmaking.

Disgusting move.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Few things I've learned about Laine this year.

Laine absolutely hates losing, and you can see it in games, he carried the whole team when it was needed, and he has said he has trained himself his whole life to be money on must win games, he loves playing them.

Both Pulju and Laine live and breath hockey, both are known for their training and Laine has said he wants to be the best player in the NHL and best player from this draft.

Laine also knows what his biggest weakness is, and his strenght coach has said their focus will be improving his skating, and 1st few steps, how to get more power to his 1st step.
His coach also said he is very raw physically stil, with ton of room to grow and develop, which makes what he has done this year alright, and the guy these days is 6'4 209lbs.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
Stress with the first pick is gone. Time to focus on #22 and #36

If we draft a couple CHL D men our young stars team is gonna kick some serious butt in Penticton.

Repoman

Jun 21, 2012
Winnipeg, MB
Before tonight's lottery I really didn't watch too much on the fins. After the #2 slot in started watching all the Laine clips. That 20 minute clip with a bunch of his passes, back checking and hits makes me want this guy even more. It seems he is the complete package. I see why people are calling him the Finnish Ovi. Man let's get to the draft already!!!

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Also, is that Laine scoring a game tying goal with one friggin second left in the game?

Yep, he scored 6 goals in that series against elite Karpat team, 1 tying goal with 1sec left and 1 tying goal with 50sec left.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Honestly, I'm not sure whether I prefer Matthews and Laine. Laine seems to have that star quality and drive to succeed. Maybe Matthews does, too. Either one will have a huge impact on the franchise.

Deif

Sep 20, 2014
Stress with the first pick is gone. Time to focus on #22 and #36

If we draft a couple CHL D men our young stars team is gonna kick some serious butt in Penticton.

I would be happy with Clague or Johansen. Not sure if Bean or Fabbro make it to 22 but I would be ecstatic with them as well (more so Fabbro). And then Samuel Girard is an option as well.

No thanks to Logan Stanley.

I don't know much about Dennis Cholowski or Fred Allard. Can anyone offer their thoughts on them or other defenseman we could be targetting at 22/36?

So many choices, we should get a good one for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad