2016 NHL Draft Prospects

Status
Not open for further replies.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
This is pure speculation but:
No offence, but all your posts are about him. He is a tremendous hockey player, and he will go far without you talking about him on here. I think in the end he will go top 3. So not to embarrass you, but again, he is a great hockey player and doesn't even need to be talked about on your part.

the guy has 3 total posts....3

who cares if he talks about a certain player, this is the reason this site exists; for people to talk about whoever they want however often they want....I dont understand why you think you need to tell someone what to do on here....it baffles me.

as for Kirwan, looks like a solid kid. not many people know much about him or many of these kids, so PanthersFan please talk more about him and others that you are interested in. It is good to get some names out there this early. hence the point of this thread, and the site: Hockeys FUTURE.

PanthersFan1980

May 5, 2012

who cares if he talks about a certain player, this is the reason this site exists; for people to talk about whoever they want however often they want....I dont understand why you think you need to tell someone what to do on here....it baffles me.

as for Kirwan, looks like a solid kid. not many people know much about him or many of these kids, so PanthersFan please talk more about him and others that you are interested in. It is good to get some names out there this early. hence the point of this thread, and the site: Hockeys FUTURE.
Where do you think he will end up in a few years? Major junior? Or NCAA?

3 Minute Minor

Sep 29, 2009
Where do you think he will end up in a few years? Major junior? Or NCAA?

Toss up. When you hear American you automatically think College but he's from New York so he'd be OHL eligible so it really depends on his preference. I wouldn't be surprised either way but I'd lean towards OHL for a guy considered top end like him.

PanthersFan1980

May 5, 2012
Toss up. When you hear American you automatically think College but he's from New York so he'd be OHL eligible so it really depends on his preference. I wouldn't be surprised either way but I'd lean towards OHL for a guy considered top end like him.
Yeah that's what I thought. I watched him play this year and he plays like an OHL-er, physical and put numbers on the scoreboard. He's great with and without the puck in my opinion.

slovakiasnextone

Jul 7, 2008
Slovakia
i browsed the SVK U 18 for late 1997s or 1998s and found this -

Dominik Trška D 24.11.1997 - 14 gp, 0+0
Matej Niňaj F 15.09.1997 - 4 gp, 0+0
Matúš Spodniak F 22.12.1997 - 1 gp
Lukáš Žiak F 17.10.1997 - 4 gp, 0+2
Lukáš Ďurkech LD 09.12.1997 - 11 gp, 0+0
Kamil Ondráš GK 03.03.1998 - 6 gp, 1 win, 5 loss, 80,11 %
Denis Pätoprstý RW 05.11.1997 - 21 gp, 1+1
Filip Lešťan RW 26.11.1997 - 10 gp, 0+2

nothing special, but maybe in a few years...

Wasn´t Samuel Solenský (Slovak born 98) named the best forward of the Czech 8th grade chapmionship final tourney?

Granlund2Pulkkinen*

Jesus it's sickening how at an early age how hard these kids are pushed to become an NHL talent.

You don't think they're pushing themselves at this age? 2016 means these kids are 14-15 years old today. Many of these kids are at the AAA level in the USA or playing Bantam or in some cases Major Midget already. This is when kids solidify themselves with the selects schools in the USA (e.g. Shattuck, etc) or with a good AMBHL team or something in Canada to start working towards the CHL draft. In fact 2016 kids will be drafted next year in the WHL draft so there is nothing wrong charting their progress. EDIT: In fact, if I'm not mistaken, some late '97's should have been selected in this Bantam Draft therefore making them 2016 eligible.

Granlund2Pulkkinen*

Adam Thilander, D, 98-09-18.

5pts in 8 games in TV-Pucken, 2 years under age.

Not sure about the cut-off date.

He's 2017 with Brady Berger... Probably the only 2 2017's that are on the radar right now.

Rekus

Dec 7, 2011
You don't think they're pushing themselves at this age? 2016 means these kids are 14-15 years old today. Many of these kids are at the AAA level in the USA or playing Bantam or in some cases Major Midget already. This is when kids solidify themselves with the selects schools in the USA (e.g. Shattuck, etc) or with a good AMBHL team or something in Canada to start working towards the CHL draft. In fact 2016 kids will be drafted next year in the WHL draft so there is nothing wrong charting their progress. EDIT: In fact, if I'm not mistaken, some late '97's should have been selected in this Bantam Draft therefore making them 2016 eligible.

True. In fact some of the top level kids at this age are being approached by agents /family advisors. Division 1 schools are starting to receive the kids for unofficial visits. These kids are 14 years old and will be in their draft year in 3 years. That is, in 3 years that will be the year the microscope on everything that they do will intensify.

Does anybody think that the kids should go into that year completely unprepared or not know what they will be put through. It just does not happen. Competition is worldwide and these know to be ready or someone else will take their spot.

The kids know this, the scouts know this, the parents know this. The only people who have a hard time understanding this are the few idiots who keep saying these kids are too young.

Granlund2Pulkkinen*

True. In fact some of the top level kids at this age are being approached by agents /family advisors. Division 1 schools are starting to receive the kids for unofficial visits. These kids are 14 years old and will be in their draft year in 3 years. That is, in 3 years that will be the year the microscope on everything that they do will intensify.

Does anybody think that the kids should go into that year completely unprepared or not know what they will be put through. It just does not happen. Competition is worldwide and these know to be ready or someone else will take their spot.

The kids know this, the scouts know this, the parents know this. The only people who have a hard time understanding this are the few idiots who keep saying these kids are too young.

Huge part in a kid's life. And if you don't think they aren't excited about this--they are! If they didn't want to play NCAA hockey, CHL hockey, USHL hockey, or even NHL hockey they wouldn't be putting in all of this effort. It's not like they're enslaved--this is their life and they love it.

KingJet*

Dylan Thiessen is one I know of, the kid played AAA division 1 and played AAA in grade 7 and lit it up, this year, Monarchs Didn't have too good of a year but got about 28 points in 29 games, but hes big for his age, he should be a first rounder in 2016.

brutalhockey

May 6, 2012
He's 2017 with Brady Berger... Probably the only 2 2017's that are on the radar right now.

Not really. Jordan Bellerive is a great player with a powerful wrist shot. Ocean Wiesblatt is an excellent hockey player with high IQ. Ocean is probably the best skater in West Canada. Kyle Olson is a talented young hockey player too. I understand that Ocean and Kyle are playing with 98 spring teams.

Granlund2Pulkkinen*

Not really. Jordan Bellerive is a great player with a powerful wrist shot. Ocean Wiesblatt is an excellent hockey player with high IQ. Ocean is probably the best skater in West Canada. Kyle Olson is a talented young hockey player too. I understand that Ocean and Kyle are playing with 98 spring teams.

Ocean Wiesblatt... that kid has literally been talked about since at least 2008. No exaggeration.

EDIT: He has a brother named Orca too that is supposed to be decent.

EDIT2: What about Bradley Braich? Or is he 2018...?

JoelWarlord

Ex-Noob616
May 7, 2012
Halifax
Hmm. I guess for me it's just a little odd in that I'm a '94 and a bunch of kids around my age will be going in the draft the next couple years, and my younger brother is a '98. It's just a little odd for me to imagine NHL scouts watching kids my brother's age play, but I guess I do understand that they really aren't that far off. Three years and some of them will be in the CHL.

Granlund2Pulkkinen*

Hmm. I guess for me it's just a little odd in that I'm a '94 and a bunch of kids around my age will be going in the draft the next couple years, and my younger brother is a '98. It's just a little odd for me to imagine NHL scouts watching kids my brother's age play, but I guess I do understand that they really aren't that far off. Three years and some of them will be in the CHL.

I'm a '91 and we were talking about MacKinnon, etc. during that time.

brutalhockey

May 6, 2012
Ocean Wiesblatt... that kid has literally been talked about since at least 2008. No exaggeration.

EDIT: He has a brother named Orca too that is supposed to be decent.

EDIT2: What about Bradley Braich? Or is he 2018...?

It is too early to say that he is a decent player. He was the only 2000 player on 1999 Tier one team last winter. He has an older brother Ocean who is very talented and skillful on the ice. Many times his brother gets more attention than he does which only makes this guy worker harder than the rest. His energy on the ice proves this point, he drives to be the best he possibly can every day. This is not the guy you should overlook or underestimate when it comes to his age group or levels above. He wants it so bad and in my personal opinion, from what I witnessed, he has always tried to be the best two-way player on the team. He has an excellent stickhandling skill but need to use his linemates more often. Actually Ocean and Orca are two different kind of players. Ocean is being targeted by opponents. He is the most dangerous player especially when the linemates can meet his how level of skill.

Braich is a good player but I do not think he is in the same level as Orca. Somehow he always find ways to pile up his points.

I like Bellerive but he is playing with highly skilled players on a strong team. I have watched his brother Matt who is on the Giants roster. I believe the younger one is a better player.

Olson is good too. Like bellerive, he is playing on a strong team. I don't see much physical game from him yet. His size is pretty small. But, he will make his teammates better.

PanthersFan1980

May 5, 2012
Yeah that's what I thought. I watched him play this year and he plays like an OHL-er, physical and put numbers on the scoreboard. He's great with and without the puck in my opinion.

Just found out that kirwan is playing junior a next year for tremblays islanders hockey club, he got 7 points in 3 games in the ejhl showcase. Scouts will be all over him next year.

sigx15

Jan 31, 2010
Technically he isn't allowed to play juniors this year, as far as my knowledge goes (ya, I know he played this year keep reading). USA hockey put in a rule for the 2012-2013 season that a player must be 16 by December 31st of the current season in order to play juniors. Heisenberg has Kirwan listed as a September 97 birthday, meaning he would be too young.

Butttt, as with anything there are always loopholes. I imagine because he played juniors last year he would be able allowed to play after getting the waiver below approved. http://www.usahockey.com/uploadedFiles/USAHockey/Menu_Players/Menu_Junior/Menu_Forms/Youth-Junior%20Player%20Waiver%20Form_2012_Fillable%20PDF%20Form.pdf

We don't have the press as heavily involved in juniors as Canada so its possible this waiver has already been filled out and approved and no one has said anything. If someone knows if it has, which I anticipate it will in this situation, please let us know. Going forward it will be interesting to see if USA hockey will be lenient or very strict like hockey canada is in granting these waivers.

sigx15

Jan 31, 2010

Thank you for saying this. Some people on this site can really get carried away with bashing others who are high on someone. I'm from out east and don't see much USHL and CHL hockey, and I'm always interested to hear of the next great players coming up. And guys, if you don't want to read something skip over it, I barely read half the stuff here and just skim it for info. No need to get too caught up in this stuff.

scoutman1

Twitter - scoutman33
Feb 19, 2005
www.facebook.com

you know NHL and CHL scouts and especially scouts are watching kids from first year bantam on....proof of NHL scouts watching kids young is the Mentorship program NHLPA thing, they ask NHL scouts what players should be there for the camp and they are bantams that are just going into midget...players have to be watched.

PanthersFan1980

May 5, 2012
Technically he isn't allowed to play juniors this year, as far as my knowledge goes (ya, I know he played this year keep reading). USA hockey put in a rule for the 2012-2013 season that a player must be 16 by December 31st of the current season in order to play juniors. Heisenberg has Kirwan listed as a September 97 birthday, meaning he would be too young.

Butttt, as with anything there are always loopholes. I imagine because he played juniors last year he would be able allowed to play after getting the waiver below approved. http://www.usahockey.com/uploadedFiles/USAHockey/Menu_Players/Menu_Junior/Menu_Forms/Youth-Junior%20Player%20Waiver%20Form_2012_Fillable%20PDF%20Form.pdf

We don't have the press as heavily involved in juniors as Canada so its possible this waiver has already been filled out and approved and no one has said anything. If someone knows if it has, which I anticipate it will in this situation, please let us know. Going forward it will be interesting to see if USA hockey will be lenient or very strict like hockey canada is in granting these waivers.

Yes he has already committed, filled out the waiver as got it approved right when he got to the tryouts. I talked to a USA hockey guy, anonymous, who said he is able to because he did last year.

wej20

Aug 14, 2008
UK
Soon we're going to be talking Kids who were born in the 2000s, that's going to suck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille