2016 NHL Draft Prospects

Status
Not open for further replies.

jfb392

Jul 7, 2010
I heard from a 67's scout, there is a kid in bantam from Ottawa that apparently is the best player he has ever seen. He's scouted McDavid, Tavares, Stamkos, and apparently this kid is amazing.

I don't know his name, but he's a bantam right now from Cumberland. I'll see if I can get some more details.

EDIT: Last name might be Bitten. Not sure.
This kid?

Garyboy

Oct 31, 2010
Toronto
Underage U-16 Detroit Compuware defenseman Sean Day ('98). Could play a regular shift in the OHL right now

Leviathan

Nov 25, 2008
I'm excited to see how Tyler Benson fares moving forward. Could he be the next big prospect to follow?

McDreamy

Losing credibility
Feb 25, 2009
I'm excited to see how Tyler Benson fares moving forward. Could he be the next big prospect to follow?

I think he very well could be. The level of dominance he shows against his peers is mindblowing. Have you had the chance to see him play?

Bruwinz37

Feb 27, 2002
I wish I had more to add but I was just at the Whitby Silver Sticks with my son's Atom Minor team and the talent level at the 97/98 level was really jaw dropping. Scouts everywhere.

Luvtowatch

Feb 21, 2012
there are a lot of great "98 prospects in the Toronto/London area. These are a couple of names that have come up quite a bit.

Mikey Mcleod - Toronto Malboros*, Top prospect for OHL draft
Vince Capano - Mississauga Terriers
Kyle Maskimovich - Toronto Malboros
David Sherman - Toronto Jr Canadians
Harlen Vanwynsberghe - Brandford 99'ers*, Projected 1st round of OHL draft
Adam Mascherin - Toronto Malboros, Projected 1st round of OHL draft

Mikey Mcleod is by far the best out of the names above and knowing him personally, i know he will be contacting Hockey Canada about an exeptional players status for the upcoming OHL draft in 2013. He is a player that should be watched out for in the near future.

Mikey McLeod is a great player who will be a top pick in the 2014 OHL draft. Can't see exceptional status for Mikey.

Leviathan

Nov 25, 2008
I don't know much about Kale Clague (D) other than he's considered almost as good a pick as Tyler Benson (F), which gives you an idea of how good those two are. The only thing that depends is whether the team with the first pick in the WHL draft this year needs D or O. Maybe they are both high picks in 2016.

Last edited:

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
If you don't want to talk about the thread topic, don't post in the thread. Simple as that.

RonG01

Dec 9, 2012
who are the Top 98 goalies ?? per province, can anyone name a few ?

From west to east =
Tyler Shugrue-BC
Stuart Skinner-Alberta
Saskatchewan = ?
Ryan Kubic-Manitoba
Ontario = ?
Sandro Silvestre - Quebec

hab 4ever

Mar 9, 2002
Montréal, Québec
Visit site

RonG01

Dec 9, 2012
hmmm, I don't think all top players were able to go to that event . maybe injuries or personal stuff ??
I think they had to settle with who was available to go
because I'm really surprised in the forwards and goaltending.

Buddhaa

Feb 12, 2006
Riga, Latvia
There is this kid from Latvia who is 98 born and plays in swedish u-16 Edgars Treijs http://www.eliteprospects.com/playe...=208298&team=&year=&status=&leagueid=&season=

Edgars Treijs is the leading scorer in the Swedish U16 Elit Södra (includes players born in 97 and 98):
http://stats.swehockey.se/Players/Statistics/ScoringLeaders/2968
He is the only non-Swedish player there (not sure how this has happened since, as I understand, the relevant championship is limited to Swedish players only).
Very curious how he is going to progress.

Garyboy

Oct 31, 2010
Toronto
4 Russian '98's to keep an eye on.I saw these guys at the Marlie Classic when they were here as part of the Moscow Region Selects, and they ran wild over the powerhouse '98 Marlies in a 5-1 drumming.

#4 - Mikhail Shabanov
#7 - Valerii Naumenko
#17 - German Rubtsov
#88 - Alexander Poluektov

StormSurge9

Aug 9, 2009
Guelph, ONT
It will be interesting to see if Sean Day gets accepted as an exceptional player in the OHL. If he does it will be the third year in a row the exception has been given.

From what I have read/heard, sounds like he's better then Ekblad was at that age.

V6

Oct 25, 2012
who are the Top 98 goalies ?? per province, can anyone name a few ?

From west to east =
Tyler Shugrue-BC
Stuart Skinner-Alberta
Saskatchewan = ?
Ryan Kubic-Manitoba
Ontario = ?
Sandro Silvestre - Quebec

Ryan Edquist - Western USA - Minnesota

zjh

@ZenonHerasymiuk
Jan 24, 2011
AB88
Zach Sawchenko (ND Hounds) is a late 97 and was the best goalie at the Western U15 this past November. He has served as the backup for Moose Jaw on several nights but has yet to appear in a game.

Very good year for Alberta Bantam 98 prospects. In addition to guys like Steel, Benson, Clague, Quenneville there is a lot of depth. Some favorites I have seen from my area are Parker Aucoin (Calgary Northstars), Kyle Yewchuk (Calgary Northstars), Matt Phillips (Calgary Bisons), Ryley Mckinstry (Calgary Bisons), Sean Montgomery (Calgary Royals), and Carter Czaikowski (Calgary Flames).

Some other interesting goalie names are Kyle Dumba (brother of Wild prospect Matt Dumba) of the Calgary Flames and Adam Marcoux (son of former Calgary Flames goalie coach David Marcoux) of the Calgary Royals.

Others I liked from August's WHL's Alberta Prospects Camp but have seen very little of: Ryan Jevne (MLAC), Josh Mahura (St. Albert), Noah Gregor (Leduc), Dalton Hamaliuk (Leduc), Jordan Steenbergen (Red Deer).

Greasy Sliders

Jun 29, 2012
Zach Sawchenko (ND Hounds) is a late 97 and was the best goalie at the Western U15 this past November. He has served as the backup for Moose Jaw on several nights but has yet to appear in a game.

Very good year for Alberta Bantam 98 prospects. In addition to guys like Steel, Benson, Clague, Quenneville there is a lot of depth. Some favorites I have seen from my area are Parker Aucoin (Calgary Northstars), Kyle Yewchuk (Calgary Northstars), Matt Phillips (Calgary Bisons), Ryley Mckinstry (Calgary Bisons), Sean Montgomery (Calgary Royals), and Carter Czaikowski (Calgary Flames).

Some other interesting goalie names are Kyle Dumba (brother of Wild prospect Matt Dumba) of the Calgary Flames and Adam Marcoux (son of former Calgary Flames goalie coach David Marcoux) of the Calgary Royals.

Others I liked from August's WHL's Alberta Prospects Camp but have seen very little of: Ryan Jevne (MLAC), Josh Mahura (St. Albert), Noah Gregor (Leduc), Dalton Hamaliuk (Leduc), Jordan Steenbergen (Red Deer).

I think you mean Tyler , Jordan is his older brother.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad