4 - Alexander Podkorytov (Traktor) 11g+3a=14p
5 - Gleb Bondaryk (Silver Lions) 8g+5a=13p
6 - Maxim Bain (AK Bars) 7g+6a=13p
7 - Jesse Puljujärvi (Finland Selects) 7g+6a=13p
8 - Nikita Bashkirov (AK Bars) 6g+7a=13p
9 - Jake Harris (Prohockey) 7g+5a=12p
10 - Otto Mäkinen (Finland Selects) 5g+7=12p

One trick pony.

Only on the defensive side of the red line once in all those clips. In fact he only competes for the puck with the other team once. Granted he takes it away from the defensemen, but these clips show the definition of a cherry picker.

A one-trick pony.

sigx15

Jan 31, 2010
Yes he has already committed, filled out the waiver as got it approved right when he got to the tryouts. I talked to a USA hockey guy, anonymous, who said he is able to because he did last year.

Figured that'd probably happen with Kirwan, just wanted to point out the new rule. Anyone happen to know if anyone else applied for the waiver?

Fulcrum

World Selects Invitational @ Prague, Czech Republic
1 - Vitaly Abramov (Traktor) 14g+6a=20p
2 - Dmitry Sokolov (Traktor) 13g+5a=18p
3 - Joseph Mizzi (Prohockey) 12g+6a=18p

wow, impressive

Fulcrum

One trick pony.

Only on the defensive side of the red line once in all those clips. In fact he only competes for the puck with the other team once. Granted he takes it away from the defensemen, but these clips show the definition of a cherry picker.

A one-trick pony.

Well he's young, how many tricks is he supposed to have at his age? I see quiet typical Russian hockey school product- a kid who obviously practiced and is well trained on breakaways and 1v1. You're saying it like what he does in the game is easy. If it were so easy, everyone would just do it.

PanthersFan1980

May 5, 2012
Figured that'd probably happen with Kirwan, just wanted to point out the new rule. Anyone happen to know if anyone else applied for the waiver?

No just kirwan. Kid was the talk of the empire league last year, only one who can.

leafsvshabs

Jul 11, 2012
there are a lot of great "98 prospects in the Toronto/London area. These are a couple of names that have come up quite a bit.

Mikey Mcleod - Toronto Malboros*, Top prospect for OHL draft
Vince Capano - Mississauga Terriers
Kyle Maskimovich - Toronto Malboros
David Sherman - Toronto Jr Canadians
Harlen Vanwynsberghe - Brandford 99'ers*, Projected 1st round of OHL draft
Adam Mascherin - Toronto Malboros, Projected 1st round of OHL draft

Mikey Mcleod is by far the best out of the names above and knowing him personally, i know he will be contacting Hockey Canada about an exeptional players status for the upcoming OHL draft in 2013. He is a player that should be watched out for in the near future.

Fedz

Sponsor
Jul 18, 2003
Behind the Bench
I like Bellerive but he is playing with highly skilled players on a strong team. I have watched his brother Matt who is on the Giants roster. I believe the younger one is a better player.

I've watched the little Bellerive play several times, and have watched the 99 age group with the NSWC, and to say they are a superbly strong team is wrong. Yes, they are definitely a talented squad but Bellerive is literally a man amongst boys in his age group.

In fact, I'd be shocked if he wasn't NSWC's top Bantam aged player as a first year this year. He trains consistently with his brother and other WHL talents, and isn't far off. He is exceptional.

Victorious Secret

2024 Lottery Winner
Jul 18, 2011
Matt's Meat Market
World Selects Invitational @ Prague, Czech Republic
1 - Vitaly Abramov (Traktor) 14g+6a=20p
2 - Dmitry Sokolov (Traktor) 13g+5a=18p
3 - Joseph Mizzi (Prohockey) 12g+6a=18p

Just about pooped myself at 1:10.

Dhockey16

Jun 23, 2011
Erie, Pennsylvania
Seen Barzal live. This kid is going to make some noise.

I'll be following him closely once he's in the W. It'll be interesting to see if he can usurp Connor McDavid as the premier '97 born player. As an American CHL fan, I know I'm excited to see McDavid come play for my team (Erie Otters) when players like Taylor Hall wouldn't. The Seattle Thunderbird fans are in for a treat!

jfb392

Jul 7, 2010
I'll be following him closely once he's in the W. It'll be interesting to see if he can usurp Connor McDavid as the premier '97 born player. As an American CHL fan, I know I'm excited to see McDavid come play for my team (Erie Otters) when players like Taylor Hall wouldn't. The Seattle Thunderbird fans are in for a treat!
Well, Barzal hasn't committed to play for the Thunderbirds yet and I've seen talk of him going the NCAA route.
He's also a 2015 prospect, not 2016.
I only mentioned him initially because at that point his birthdate was harder to come by.

Dhockey16

Jun 23, 2011
Erie, Pennsylvania
Well, Barzal hasn't committed to play for the Thunderbirds yet and I've seen talk of him going the NCAA route.
He's also a 2015 prospect, not 2016.
I only mentioned him initially because at that point his birthdate was harder to come by.

I know he and McDavid are both 2015 Draft eligible, both early 97's. I've gotta believe with the hype Barzal's receiving he's leaning towards the CHL route, a lot can change though. It looks like McDavid, Barzal, and Noel are gonna headline 2015...Time to do my research on the late 97's and early 98's

Rekus

Dec 7, 2011
Kyle Clague was part of a Hockey news article along with another kid (Michael Campoli) from Quebec titled - "Great 98s". It was in the October 1, 2012 issue of The Hockey News. The article was written by Ryan Kennedy.

jfb392

Jul 7, 2010
Kyle Clague was part of a Hockey news article along with another kid (Michael Campoli) from Quebec titled - "Great 98s". It was in the October 1, 2012 issue of The Hockey News. The article was written by Ryan Kennedy.
Yep, I remember reading that.
It didn't talk much about them as players and was mostly about how they're represented by Pat Brisson of CAA.

Rekus

Dec 7, 2011
Yep, I remember reading that.
It didn't talk much about them as players and was mostly about how they're represented by Pat Brisson of CAA.

Yes, you are right. But they (CAA) would not be wasting their time if the kids were not good.

Lazarrr

Apr 10, 2010
Ottawa
I heard from a 67's scout, there is a kid in bantam from Ottawa that apparently is the best player he has ever seen. He's scouted McDavid, Tavares, Stamkos, and apparently this kid is amazing.

I don't know his name, but he's a bantam right now from Cumberland. I'll see if I can get some more details.

EDIT: Last name might be Bitten. Not sure.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad