Golf: 2016 Masters thread - "Literally every top player is in good form" edition

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Rory hit the ball nearly into someone's house on 10 in 2011 and came straight back to win the US Open as well as three other majors. Spieth's collapse isn't likely to have any long term effect.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
Rory hit the ball nearly into someone's house on 10 in 2011 and came straight back to win the US Open as well as three other majors. Spieth's collapse isn't likely to have any long term effect.

Nah, it was just one really bad hole. Happens on this course.

Soliloquy of a Dogge

I love you, Boots
Aug 8, 2012
San Diego, CA
Would it surprise anyone to see Spieth win 6+ Green Jackets in his career? Certainly not me. That prediction of double digit Green Jacket wins by Jack could possibly even come true. Just not for who he envisioned.

KaylaJ

i bent my wookie
Mar 12, 2009
hell
The way he bounced back and really had a legitimate chance to force a playoff is yet another example of his resiliency. He'll file this one away and use it for motivation, I'm sure.

This just goes to show how difficult winning a major is and why what Jack and Tiger have accomplished, and what Spieth did last year, is incredible.

Exactly. I mean everyone has a bad shot here and there, it's golf. Even off the course you never know what could happen, Willett's had back issues before. But if you're betting your car and not your house, you don't bet that that is the shot that takes down a 22 year old who's done what he has.

Also, usually it's not one hole that does a player in, it's a combo breaker of things.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
If Oakmont plays like it did last time, Spieth won't break +7 much less win by 7.

But he'd still win.

Soliloquy of a Dogge

I love you, Boots
Aug 8, 2012
San Diego, CA
Exactly. I mean everyone has a bad shot here and there, it's golf. Even off the course you never know what could happen, Willett's had back issues before. But if you're betting your car and not your house, you don't bet that that is the shot that takes down a 22 year old who's done what he has.

Also, usually it's not one hole that does a player in, it's a combo breaker of things.

Yeah, that's an excellent point. Very true.

I'm learning a lot about Willett today, more I learn, the happier I'm for him winning this tournament. Such a feel good story.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad