Golf: 2016 Masters thread - "Literally every top player is in good form" edition

Captain Bowie

Jan 18, 2012
I don't think you understand what he's saying. Case in point, Dustin Johnson. Golf is partly physical, partly mental... the mental aspect can derail careers.

And there's nothing to suggest he is too mentally weak to win majors since.... he's already won majors.

Captain Bowie

Jan 18, 2012
I don't know. It must be pretty hard to rebound after what happens on #12. How can you forget that?

Your overplaying the mental aspect of that one hole. It is hurting him on the scorecard far more because even with a bogey he is leading right now. He's been fine since 12, other than the fact that he's taking more risks because he is trying to make up strokes to catch the leader.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
12 was indeed insanity for Jordan today.
He played that like you or i would.
It's so rare for a guy like him.

KaylaJ

i bent my wookie
Mar 12, 2009
hell
Considering Spieth was still in contention, I think he'll be fine mentally. He'll be upset/angry and use it to his advantage. Nothing in his career so far suggests he'd let one hole knock him off at this age.

The drought is over!

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Danny seems like a good bloke.
New kid and a Masters win where he didn't even know if he was gonna play or not til the last minute.

Captain Bowie

Jan 18, 2012
If Tiger Woods can get the yips, anything can happen to anybody. I'm not saying it will, not expecting it will, but it's always a possibility.

Sure, whatever.

All I try to say is that making back to back birdies is not impossible for a professional golfer, and I get pulled into a argument about mental fortitude and the yips. My gosh.

Enjoy the finish folks.

Soliloquy of a Dogge

I love you, Boots
Aug 8, 2012
San Diego, CA
Considering Spieth was still in contention, I think he'll be fine mentally. He'll be upset/angry and use it to his advantage. Nothing in his career so far suggests he'd let one hole knock him off at this age.

The drought is over!

The way he bounced back and really had a legitimate chance to force a playoff is yet another example of his resiliency. He'll file this one away and use it for motivation, I'm sure.

This just goes to show how difficult winning a major is and why what Jack and Tiger have accomplished, and what Spieth did last year, is incredible.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad