Prospect Info: 2016 Leafs Pick - 31st Overall - Yegor Korshkov - RW - Lokomotiv Yaroslav [6-4/180]

Leafsman

I guess $11M doesn't buy you what it use to
May 22, 2008
Anyway this player can get out of his KHL contract?

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
It not a question of trust - They could have picked him with later selection

All it takes is one other team being high on him, and he's gone before that.

Draft after draft, and people still don't realize that prospects don't exactly end up within 5 spots of their averaged ranking.

diceman934

Help is on the way.
Jul 31, 2010
NHL player factory
Dirk loved him.....and that is enough for me.

He was a beast at the world Jr championship and has two pro years of hockey.

Scouts talk and teams know when there is interest in players....hence why we took him earlier then we normally would have.

ForSpareParts*

Does anyone know if we can get him away from the KHL sooner than later?

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
Could be his performance at the WJC really impressed. Plus the game he plays seems like the type the Leafs will love to have when he's done his time in the KHL. Some great size, speed, and possession on the wings.

showtime8

Jun 30, 2010
Toronto, ON
Haven't heard much about him, but I'm excited to learn about him.

I don't think it matters if he was passed over. It means that his growth must have really excelled within the year to be taken.

Possible that he comes to play in North America this year?

Brew

The top of HF’s most disliked
Sep 22, 2007
I love that when people don't know who the pick is, they bash the scouts/management.

Jesus Christ guys, have some faith in our scouts.

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
Seems like a reasonable gamble to take if this kid is a late bloomer that scouts took notice of over the last year. We need power forward depth in the organization.

Jes5ant

Mar 5, 2014
It not a question of trust - They could have picked him with later selection

You say this as if you're on the draft floor. You have no idea what's happening out there.

People had this same reaction when we took Nielson last year and now that pick looks like a steal. Just relax.

Deez Nuts

Jun 4, 2012
Not going to pretend I have any clue as who this Russian player is who was passed over in two previous drafts, but I wonder why so many here have so much faith in Hunter. Passing on Konecny last year to trade down for Dermott looks like a fleecing to me, and Sebastien Aho was there for the taking who looks like a stud. These small skilled players like Bracco and Timashov have potential, but I have my doubts as to them making the NHL.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Seems like a reasonable gamble to take if this kid is a late bloomer that scouts took notice over the last year. We need power forward depth in the organization.

Korshkov said that a lot of teams talked to him and it sounds like the interest was high.

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Definitely not who I expected, but I have full confidence in our staff.
Exactly.

Hunter, Dubas and company must have really seen something in this kid to take a RW in this spot when we have obvious needs elsewhere. That tells me that they think he will be a good one. Fine with me.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad