2016 IIHF World Junior Championships

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
... and suddenly the IIHF makes 25% less on the tournament through ad revenue.

Pretty sure advertisers would not have retractable buys unless there is something I am not aware of?

Derfel*

Pretty sure advertisers would not have retractable buys unless there is something I am not aware of?

More of a flippant comment than anything on my part. Just interesting that the ratings plummet when Canada gets eliminated early.

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO
Blackwood is terrible. It's just sad that he's the best goalie Canada can send to the WJCs.

Do they still tell young Canadian goalies that you have to be an exceptional skater to play at the next level? Blackwood looked like he was playing in snowshoes.

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
More of a flippant comment than anything on my part. Just interesting that the ratings plummet when Canada gets eliminated early.

Yea this tournament is really big in Canada and certainly not a big deal in America. I was down visiting my dad in Arizona until last night and this is a non event there as you might guess. It will really suck for businesses who spent allot of cash on their ad buys in Canada. Also just watching the guys on TSN and they look like their dog just died. They don't get to do much hockey anymore and then Canada gets bumped this early so that really sucks for them to.

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
they might have variable rates though. is that a thing in advertising?

Possible but that would surprise me with an event that is popular in Canada. Not like they are slinging B inventory but who knows.

Mud Turtle

Jul 26, 2013
Spacek should have seen his defenseman in trouble and backed him up there. Was hoping to see more from him today.

kurpitsa

Jan 21, 2013
Helsinki
From a finnnish perspective, you guys played better than we did.. only line that worked for us was the first one. Still interesting to see what pulju laine and juolevi can do in the nhl next year

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
A whole nation stops watching the tournament (representing half of the viewership worldwide), and Canadian Tire decides they won't run any extra ads. :laugh:

Even if true (pretty sure all the adds are presold) how would that affect the IIHF? It would only affect Bell media since they already paid the IIHF for broadcast rights.

bluefan

Nov 18, 2011
Obvious which Canadian team they decided to model after.

Taking penalties and not killing them off wins games.

AWSAA

Sep 8, 2003
6 of the 7 leading point producers in this tourney are draft eligible. Don't see that often. Ever?

Last edited:

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
Wasn't impressed with most of Team Canada. Konecny I liked, and for a draft eligible I'm going to be keeping an eye on Gautier as I liked some if his play.

Mooche

Feb 21, 2013
Winnipeg
The lack of goaltending and defense on the Canadian team this year was downright scary.

Last edited:

EastRiver

Jul 1, 2012
Canada
The lack of goaltending and defense on the Canadian team this year was downright horrendous.

Were the no better goaltending options. I don't follow the CHL that closely but I remember last year there were another 1 or 2 goalies that people though could have been on the team.

Constable

corona fiend
Mar 17, 2014
Were the no better goaltending options. I don't follow the CHL that closely but I remember last year there were another 1 or 2 goalies that people though could have been on the team.

they had a draft eligible who was playing really good in the dub

JC Numminen

#goldrush
Feb 13, 2013
Westman

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad