2016 IIHF World Junior Championships

BigZ65

Feb 2, 2010
Winnipeg
Blackwood has some Pavelec in him. Drops down off his skates way too soon and gets stuck. Flopping all over the ice.

You only pull him if you feel his confidence is shot though, the guy on the bench is worse.

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada
Blackwood has some Pavelec in him. Drops down off his skates way too soon and gets stuck. Flopping all over the ice.

You only pull him if you feel his confidence is shot though, the guy on the bench is worse.

exactly what i was thinking. looks just like him

AnonoJet

Jul 22, 2013
Has Canada ever sent a bigger idiot to tthis tournament than Virtanen? This guy has a brain cramp almost 100% of the time.

mzappa

Jets fans in space
Jun 27, 2011
Canada just didn't come together in this tournament, while Finland's offence is unstoppable and on home ice.

Virtanen's double minor was the nail in the coffin. :shakehead

Strome shouldn't be going after the ref like that after the game. Smarten up and keep it classy.

ps - congrats to the boys for a hard fought game and tourney!

Last edited:

Edgar Halliwax

aka Marvin Candle
Sep 23, 2011
Winnipeg
Well, at least we know there is a team just as ******* undisciplined as the Jets. That was *** damned frustrating to watch. Team Canada got what they deserved.

Just Ducky

Jan 8, 2012
Wow some absolute boneheads on this team.

Our best players ended up costing us...

Congrats to the Fin's though- they got some real studs.

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
Exciting game, boys worked their tails off! Goalie struggles and pims did them in. Liked sanheim on back end and enjoy konecky up front, marner showed his flash in third. But those young Finn players, wow!

Derfel*

... and suddenly the IIHF makes 25% less on the tournament through ad revenue.

BigZ65

Feb 2, 2010
Winnipeg
I can see being upset with the officials in this one. Pretty much all the scrum penalties are a result of poor game management by them. I can't expect a guy to get pummeled 4 times and not react or have a teammate react. That's ridiculous. Linesmen need to be in there and the refs need to take the intiator or both.

Virtanen is a complete waste of a plane ticket and uniform.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Tough one for hicketts there tho on short glass. As I said before, would Lemieux not be better than virtanen?

Not sure to me it feels like you would be trading one undisciplined spaz for another undisciplined spaz. I would vote neither for this format at least.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad