2016 Draft Discussion - Mid Season Rankings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mikeyg

Dec 26, 2011
The reason benn slipped to the 5th round was because he was playing in the bchl where he scored 65 points in 53 games.

Tyson Jost just scored his 100th in 46. That's where the steal is.

I mean tyler bozak once scored 128 points in 59 games over there, there is a reason for its status after all.

Dayjobdave

Apr 29, 2010
The league simply isn't held to the same respect as the OHL, WHL, and the Q. No debate here, those guys get overlooked a lot, and fall in rankings because of it.

Hopefully that gets the leafs Fabbri in the second round.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
If we can't get the no. 1 C, I hope we get the no. 1 D. That should be available to us.
Now who do people believe the no. 1 D in the draft is?
And what is the talent difference between this and one of the Finns?

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
If we pick 2nd we're taking Laine no questions asked. What you need later on is for the scouting staff to find a gem who plays center. It's not easy but also not impossible to find an elite center outside the top 10.

or allows you to move someone else to get that piece.

Leaf Rocket

Leaf Fan Till I Die
Dec 10, 2007
Toronto/Fredericton
The league simply isn't held to the same respect as the OHL, WHL, and the Q. No debate here, those guys get overlooked a lot, and fall in rankings because of it.

Reason why I am quite high on Fabbro tbh...I like him a lot. Was fortunate to see some games and I just came off impressed twice :laugh:

Drew311

Makes The Pass
Oct 29, 2010

Inferior league or not, the numbers Fabbro is putting as a defenseman in the BCHL are pretty unheard of. He's an elite skater/puck mover and is smart defensively. I would have no problem with the Leafs taking him with Pitts' pick. His comparable is Tyson Barrie. I'll take that all day.

doorman

Nov 8, 2012
Thunder Bay
I wouldn't move the 1st overall but I would move the 2nd to say a team like Vancouver for Horvat + their pick. Then pick a D like Chychrun.

I don't think I move it for that package, but that's just me. I would look at something more like 2nd overall, another piece and approach Tampa about a Drouin, Vasilevskiy package. Or expanding the trade to include their first and take back a bad contract, they have a lot of pieces to sign over the next two seasons, between UFA's and RFA's.

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
If we can't get the no. 1 C, I hope we get the no. 1 D. That should be available to us.
Now who do people believe the no. 1 D in the draft is?
And what is the talent difference between this and one of the Finns?

If we get 2nd or 3rd we should pick bpa aka finn. If we are out of the top 3 dubois or Chychrun but remember there are other D available later. Mcavoy fabbro. There are soome attractive D and there are a ton of good forwards making this draft deep. Defensemen are often found outside the top tn regularly. Infact the top D in the league right now were all not in the top 10 except doughty iirc.

TheLeastOfTheBunch

Franchise Centre
Jun 28, 2007
Toronto
Jost and Fabbro are pretty good targets with the Pittsburgh pick. Keller would be a high potential pick as well, think he will be going to Windsor in the OHL next season. Those would be my targets with the Penguins pick, assuming guys like Juolevi, Sergachev, McLeod, etc, don't slip a bit.

Leaf Rocket

Leaf Fan Till I Die
Dec 10, 2007
Toronto/Fredericton
Jost and Fabbro are pretty good targets with the Pittsburgh pick. Keller would be a high potential pick as well, think he will be going to Windsor in the OHL next season. Those would be my targets with the Penguins pick, assuming guys like Juolevi, Sergachev, McLeod, etc, don't slip a bit.

I know this is weird but I Prefer Keller over Jost though O_O. I know Jost has the size which makes him a bit more optimal but I think Keller is special.

SEER

Sep 21, 2015
..And this will be the last draft video for awhile, as I want to focus more on Leafs, Marlies & Leafs Prospects for a month or so.. (and I'm sure there will be some new additions by next week..).

Noah Gregor
Center -- shoots L
Born Jul 28 1998 -- Beaumont, ALTA
17 yrs. ago
Height 6.00 -- Weight 173

RECENT STATS: (*Up to Feb. 25th 2016)

2014-15 Moose Jaw Warriors - WHL
10 Games... 2 Goals... 4 Assists... 6 Points... +4

(*Had a collarbone injury, that kept him out for most of the 2014-15 season,
which is why I think he may be a dark horse, in this draft..)
-----------------------------------------------------------
2014-15 Team Black U-17 - U-17 Dev.
3 Games... 2 Goals... 1 Assist... 3 Points... +1
-----------------------------------------------------------
2015-16 Moose Jaw Warriors - WHL
61 Games... 25 Goals... 38 Assists... 63 Points... -2 *PPG+

*Also played in the 2015-16 CHL Top Prospects game.

Born To Rise: Noah Gregor 2015-16 Highlights - 2016 NHL Draft Prospect

Mikeyg

Dec 26, 2011
Matt Stajan once scored 97 points in 57 games in the OHL.

by all statistical measures of draft success, which is % chance to play 300 games or so, he has been a large success. A ~.4 ppg player who plays hundreds of games drafted in the 2nd round is a pretty good outcome man.

Reason why I am quite high on Fabbro tbh...I like him a lot. Was fortunate to see some games and I just came off impressed twice :laugh:

For what its worth, he did commit to university. Not sure if that would deter hunter or not. Theres bracco but you never know, they might have known that he was going to end up in the ohl. I dont think its determinitive, but just a thought.

Inferior league or not, the numbers Fabbro is putting as a defenseman in the BCHL are pretty unheard of. He's an elite skater/puck mover and is smart defensively. I would have no problem with the Leafs taking him with Pitts' pick. His comparable is Tyson Barrie. I'll take that all day.

Not my point. If hes in the OHL and does that hes in the top 3 no question. That is clear. We have no idea of knowing how his production would translate in the ohl or the whl etc. Thats the problem.

Henchmen 21

Jul 4, 2011
Toronto
http://www.mynhldraft.com/NHL-Mock-Draft/

Look at the current Mock Draft, Laine and Bean, I think that's an amazing draft.
Please Hockey Gods, I don't ask for much, I know us winning the draft lottery is a bit outside your hands, (Edmonton has eternal dibs), but please please please, let the Penguins make the playoffs in a Wildcard position, first round knockout.

God Damnit we deserve this

carko32

May 14, 2014
Slovenia

Look at the current Mock Draft, Laine and Bean, I think that's an amazing draft.
Please Hockey Gods, I don't ask for much, I know us winning the draft lottery is a bit outside your hands, (Edmonton has eternal dibs), but please please please, let the Penguins make the playoffs in a Wildcard position, first round knockout.

That one would be good. But from the guys available at 16OA, I would take McAvoy and Rubtsov ahead of Bean, I think that would be even better.

doorman

Nov 8, 2012
Thunder Bay

Add Hart in round two and I am stoked

Green Snow Storm

Jul 22, 2009
Canada

I'll take that all day.

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON
Can someone please explain to me why Puljujärvi is the sure thing at 3?

Right now if I'm the Leafs sitting at 3, I'm taking Chychrun.

Bullseye

Jun 14, 2012
Niagara
Can someone please explain to me why Puljujärvi is the sure thing at 3?

Right now if I'm the Leafs sitting at 3, I'm taking Chychrun.

I would take Jesse at #2. Big, skilled, fast, leading point getter in WJC, dominant player in every international tourney age grouping. Playmaker and a goal scorer.

Jake Bean for me at d-man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad