OT: 2016 Blue Jays/MLB thread v2.0

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
I honestly want Jose back, on a 2-3 deal, why not. I'm aware of his attitude issues, but his teammates love him and honestly, he gives the Jays a swagger with his confidence. If we can't bring back Edwin, Jose at around 12.5 per would be some solid value for the production he's capable of.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I honestly want Jose back, on a 2-3 deal, why not. I'm aware of his attitude issues, but his teammates love him and honestly, he gives the Jays a swagger with his confidence. If we can't bring back Edwin, Jose at around 12.5 per would be some solid value for the production he's capable of.
Sounds like teams don't want to give up a 1st round pick to sign him so either he has to sign with us or wait until after the MLB Draft which will probably end around the 20th of June. I'd sign him to a 1 year deal at most as spring training approaches and he starts to panic.

MonyontheMoney

Apr 5, 2015
Apparently there is very little NL interest in Bautista as they don't see him as a viable OF option anymore, which makes sense.

I'd prefer we don't have him as a black hole in our OF and we've already got our DH. Only way it makes sense is if Bautistas' bat outweighs his defensive woes, which isn't as obvious as it once was given age, and production last year.

I honestly prefer we just go in another direction.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Apparently there is very little NL interest in Bautista as they don't see him as a viable OF option anymore, which makes sense.

I'd prefer we don't have him as a black hole in our OF and we've already got our DH. Only way it makes sense is if Bautistas' bat outweighs his defensive woes, which isn't as obvious as it once was given age, and production last year.

Only way I'd bring him back is if it looks like we aren't getting the pick for him signing elsewhere.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary

He's not "that" bad, his injuries scare me more than anything. Also, Morales can play outfield so we have some options.

MonyontheMoney

Apr 5, 2015
He's not "that" bad, his injuries scare me more than anything. Also, Morales can play outfield so we have some options.

Bautista was a team worst -8 DRS (defensive runs saved in comparison to the average RF).

Also Morales has played only 23 games in the outfield since starting his career in '06, and only 5 since '08.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Bautista was a team worst -8 DRS (defensive runs saved in comparison to the average RF).

Also Morales has played only 23 games in the outfield since starting his career in '06, and only 5 since '08.
weren't all 5 last year tho? :sarcasm:

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria

Over 162 games, I think you can handle that. Anyway, if we get rid of him, someone else will end up being the worst on the team. ;)

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
quick question:

am i allowed to be a mariners fan on this board

or will i get yelled at?

thx for any infos :D

11178242_10153162386860709_7765288351797577649_n.jpg

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
quick question:

am i allowed to be a mariners fan on this board

or will i get yelled at?

thx for any infos :D

11178242_10153162386860709_7765288351797577649_n.jpg
The Mariners are our expansion cousins, they are great. Well except on the field, in history and their uniforms :sarcasm:

edit: they need to go back to their M's logo IMO

Last edited:

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
But seriously CI, I do not think it is uncommon for Jays fans (especially out west) to also be an M's fan. I'm personally not, but I feel no rivalry or the slightest amount of ill will towards then either and in the playoffs as long as they are not against a team I actively cheer for (Jays, Cubs and Dodgers), I would probably cheer for them.

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
I became a Mariners fan because of Brian Bosworth....

Long story :laugh:

Suffice it to say that it has nothing to do with living in western Canada the past few years, though it does make going to games easier lol

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
For years and years, Griffey was my favourite player, I liked the Marniers back then and I still don't mind them. But I'm all about the Jays now.

MonyontheMoney

Apr 5, 2015
Man, winter meetings are exciting.

Adam Eaton goes to the Nationals for Giolito +.

On the Jays front:
- Acquired some pitching depth by signing Brett Olberholtzer to a minor league deal.
- Morosi says Rockies have interest in Stroman, but the Jays would want more than just Blackmon in return.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
I'm confused at why the Rockies having interest in Stroman is noteworthy. Is there a reason the Jays would want to trade him?

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I'm confused at why the Rockies having interest in Stroman is noteworthy. Is there a reason the Jays would want to trade him?
I'm guessing it's more the Jays are interested in Blackmon and the Rockies want Stroman

MonyontheMoney

Apr 5, 2015
The tweet implied that the Jays would be open to trading Stroman, which shouldn't necessarily be a surprise, but if they could get Blackmon +, it sounds as though they'd do it. Reason being would be dealing a player from a position of strength to one that has multiple question marks remaining.

Seems pointless to me. Flipping one starter for another doesn't help us.

Blackmon is not a pitcher.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad