OT: 2016 Blue Jays/MLB thread v2.0

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
They were in on a lot of lead-off guys. Dexter Fowler (Cardinals), Charlie Blackmon (still with the Rockies), Ben Revere (Angels)... none of them came to fruition. I completely understand the unwillingness of the Jays to dip into their prospect pool this off-season. Doing so would mean some really lean years ahead.

Ynnek

Oct 24, 2011
New Brunswick
Do we want to think about whether he's able to play defence anymore or hit above .230?

OR DO WE WANT TO WATCH HIM SOCK A FEW DINGERS!

The defense thing I'll give you but at least its not 5 years. I'm not worried about his batting average as he gets on base so often.

MonyontheMoney

Apr 5, 2015
They were in on a lot of lead-off guys. Dexter Fowler (Cardinals), Charlie Blackmon (still with the Rockies), Ben Revere (Angels)... none of them came to fruition. I completely understand the unwillingness of the Jays to dip into their prospect pool this off-season. Doing so would mean some really lean years ahead.

I think they could just potentially have faith for a in-house leadoff option too, as well as the unwillingness to give up some of their few prospects.

I really think a healthy Travis could fill in well there. A .300 average is always nice to put on the top spot, but the low walk rate isn't ideal.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
1475063766308945444.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->