OT: 2016 Blue Bombers Thread Part Deux

Status
Not open for further replies.

AngelicAssassin*

Dieter Brock, my all time favorite Bomber QB looked pretty damn good for 65 and even if he can't huck it 92 yards in the air anymore if he can get to 50 and let our WR's run under them maybe we should put him in Nichols jersey and trot him out there next week as our "secret weapon".

nobody important

the pessimist returns
Jul 12, 2015
a quiet suburb
Were previous O lines really that bad or was Willy that bad, a QB that can't seem to read a defense doesn't do any one any favours especially one that is completely immobile like Willy was.

Bob Wylie said the problems they were having weren't all on the O-line. At the time, I thought he was just being overly protective of his boys, but maybe Willy was part of the problem.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Dieter Brock, my all time favorite Bomber QB looked pretty damn good for 65 and even if he can't huck it 92 yards in the air anymore if he can get to 50 and let our WR's run under them maybe we should put him in Nichols jersey and trot him out there next week as our "secret weapon".

Thought the same thing and where I can I get a great looking wig like that when I lose the rest of my hair!

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
Bob Wylie said the problems they were having weren't all on the O-line. At the time, I thought he was just being overly protective of his boys, but maybe Willy was part of the problem.

not sure if i buy that.
the run game looked pretty bad for the first few games. think it got better once Neufeld went down.
last year, we didn't have a great running game (hell, i can't even recall who the running back was last season) but our QBs were getting killed, rushed and our running game didn't find any holes.
Nichols is definitely getting some nice protection to make his reads. he's also looking around quite nicely to find the reads.

look...Nichols is an average QB. he's just executing well in a system that seems to be fitting his abilities. there are some worrisome things (like zero passing TDs last week), but i would also say that the Riders are better than their record shows.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Reportedly James Franklin is being sat down in Edmonton since he has told the Eskimos he wants to move on to look for a starting job next year. That'd be a great pickup for the Bombers. If they can make him work in LaPo's system which as is is not designed for a guy like Franklin. But the Bombers will have the most open starting spot in the league next year as all other 8 teams look to be set going into next year.

WaveRaven

Apr 30, 2011
MB
Reportedly James Franklin is being sat down in Edmonton since he has told the Eskimos he wants to move on to look for a starting job next year. That'd be a great pickup for the Bombers. If they can make him work in LaPo's system which as is is not designed for a guy like Franklin. But the Bombers will have the most open starting spot in the league next year as all other 8 teams look to be set going into next year.
Are you sure you want to bail on the Nichols KG combo already were set for months :laugh:

If Franklin is available do it. We need to find the next one this move assured that

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg

Sold. I loved him in the short time he was in for the Eskimos.

Nichols is okay, but his job is far from iron clad. If the option is there to bring a talent like that in, i pull the trigger.

nobody important

the pessimist returns
Jul 12, 2015
a quiet suburb

Who are you seeing on Montreal as a sure thing #1?

Flair Hay

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2010
Winnipeg
Do we need to go find a QB that needs a different system to function, when what we have works for now?

One steamboat, two steamboat, ball is out. No turnovers. Nichols can do it, so can Glenn.

After all the sacks we gave up the last half decade, LaPo came in and fixed that with some decent talent and a QB switch. There's a reason we've hired him three times now lol

Would rather spend the money on a player elsewhere.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011

Fairview

Jan 30, 2016
http://www.cbc.ca/beta/news/canada/manitoba/banjo-bowl-fan-beer-son-1.3758916

Stupid, drunken trash. These are the people who should be getting recorded on someone's phone and outed on social media. They should be banned for life from IGF. Hell, ban them from MTSC, as well.

That is so stupid in so many ways. The Bombers should do their best to find the idiots that dumped a beer on a 9 year old. Charge the person with assaulting a minor. If you are not mature enough to control yourself after a few beers, then , you should give up drinking:shakehead

AngelicAssassin*

Stupid, drunken trash. These are the people who should be getting recorded on someone's phone and outed on social media. They should be banned for life from IGF. Hell, ban them from MTSC, as well.

Are you effing kidding me? [mod]

The team has struggled mightily for years, we have this white elephant of a stadium we need to fill with a fan base that has many older fans that won't be fans attending games much longer and we have worthless mouth breathers doing this, and to a kid to boot. Maybe these wastes of flesh are stupid enough to brag about their actions on social media somewhere and somebody can out them so they can face the music in some way.

It's too bad there doesn't appear to be video so the dirtbags can be nailed and permanently banned for attending Bomber or any events at IGF and maybe we can trade them to Saskatchewan for some soggy rotting hay bales which is what they are worth.

I'm all for some good natured ribbing between fans and it's honestly a good thing I wasn't at the game and a witness to this because I'd be in jail now because I guarandamntee I would not have just watched if I saw this happening.

Winnipeg has a bad enough rep as the murder capital of Canada as well as some of the other crap that goes on here and while the victims of this stupid incident were from here it paints a picture of us for the rest of the country.

End rant.

Last edited by a moderator:

Evil Little

Jan 22, 2014
Sucks that some kid was picked on, but the media grandstanding about Bomber fans is a little rich.

I saw many, many who didn't pour beer on anyone.

Ducky10

Searching for Mark Scheifele
Nov 14, 2014
Zero tolerance for intoxicated fans?

Uhh....Rum Hut?

That's the one down side to these rivalry "party" games, it turns out the idiot, non-football fan who just wants to be seen and get drunk.

Koonta

The Boss Wears White
Jan 1, 2012
Thunder Road
One time after a Bomber vs. Rider game at the old stadium, I had to catch a bus at Polo Park to head downtown to go to work. It was full of Bomber fans and a few riders fan and these losers were in the face of a couple of young ladies who were riders fans, they were cornered and being verbally abused and I finally had enough and told them to shut the **** up and then instead of going after these girls they were getting into with me, which was fine , I was already miserable because I was on my way to work a graveyard shift downtown so I really let loose on these morons. Eventually the whole bus turned against the bullies and they slinked off with their tails tucked between their legs. Sometimes people need to intervene and not sit idly by when crap like this happens.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
This is unfortunate situation. Clearly these people could not handle their alcohol/are just general *******s. Fortunately it does not reflect the majority of fans. Good on Bomber organization for stepping up for the fans affected. Bomber organization has always been classy about stuff like this. They did help out a buddy of mine who had a similar issue in the past as well.

irunthepeg

Board man gets paid
May 20, 2010
The Peg, Canada

On the one hand, we have some real pieces of work in this world.
On the other hand, nice of the Bombers to try and make this better for them. It looks like he wasn't even wearing Rider gear? Just a green sweater? Even if he cheers for SK, who cares.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad