Status
Not open for further replies.

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
Old thread over the limit.

Past few posts in the old thread:

I can only think of one grey cup that he actually played in. We would have won the game against Sask if Glenn didn't break his arm.

Good for them, but it doesn't seem to be working here of late. When mediocrity becomes entrenched in a group, it can be hard to change. Especially if you have an old guard that is resistant to ideas brought in by the new members. I'm not saying the Bomber board has this dynamic, but their record hardly inspires confidence.

And I realize that having a private owner is no guarantee, either. Sports is littered with the carcasses of failed teams who have suffered at the hands of stupid, meddling owners. But if we could get an owner with a proven record of successful franchise building? Someone like... Mark Chipman?

<ducking> ;)

I would rephrase that to... if a dirty Argo hit hadn't broken his arm. :rant:

Prob is bad hires then they fire and end up paying them for years to come, guys like berry, kelly. Now if they fire oshea will end up paying him as well. Key is hire a good gm and coach. Benavides was my choice.

Most career wins at Investors Group Field:

@BoLeviMitchell 5

@Drew_Willy 5

#CFLGameDay

I believe you were talking about how the Bombers weren't doing well. Carry on!

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Mike OShea is in the last year of his contract. So they wouldnt have to keep paying him. He will not survive the year if the Bomvers continue losing.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Mike OShea is in the last year of his contract. So they wouldnt have to keep paying him. He will not survive the year if the Bomvers continue losing.

I haven't see one shred of evidence that suggests that he should survive one more game. I can't think of one thing that this team does reasonably well. Not one. I also don't see much improvement in any facet of the game since he's been coaching here. Personally, I think there's enough evidence to suggest that he's not a good enough coach to turn the Bombers into a winner.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg

So let's just say for argument's sake; they can him right now. Do they have to pay beyond the expiration date since that's essentially a buy out type deal or just ride out the rest of the season, then the payments stop? Probably a dumb question but whatever.

If it's the latter, i fire his ass right here and now.

Larabee

Mar 10, 2011
Winnipeg
So let's just say for argument's sake; they can him right now. Do they have to pay beyond the expiration date since that's essentially a buy out type deal or just ride out the rest of the season, then the payments stop? Probably a dumb question but whatever.

If it's the latter, i fire his ass right here and now.

And replace him with who ? Lapo ? Not sure if this is the answer either. Unless Bud Grant wants to come out of retirement, I'm not sure firing the coach is going to help us.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
And replace him with who ? Lapo ? Not sure if this is the answer either. Unless Bud Grant wants to come out of retirement, I'm not sure firing the coach is going to help us.

I'm pretty sure that keeping the head coach isn't going to help us. I would be happy to consider that option if I had seen some improvement in any important area of the team's performance under O'Shea, but I haven't.

nobody important

the pessimist returns
Jul 12, 2015
a quiet suburb
I'm pretty sure that keeping the head coach isn't going to help us. I would be happy to consider that option if I had seen some improvement in any important area of the team's performance under O'Shea, but I haven't.

Exactly. A change means there is at least an opportunity for improvement. MOS has had plenty of time to show some growth, and he hasn't. The continued lack of discipline is astonishing. Last week, a needless shot to the face behind the play wipes out a TD return (doesn't matter that we got it back a couple of plays later). Last night, Westerman delivers a WWE-worthy forearm smash to a prone Mitchell, turning a big loss into a first down. Westerman should have spent the rest of the game alone at the end of the bench to send a message that stupid, selfish play won't be tolerated.

Plus, if LaPo becomes HC, we also get rid of a lousy OC. :)

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
White Out MB
Have a feeling that even though the Bombers will continue to lose and let's face it they have given us no reason to think that all of a sudden they will figure out how to win, they will probably stay status quo till the end of the season, then everybody goes from top to bottom. Hopefully someone is hired that has no allegiance the city and/or former players and is given the keys to run this organization the way it should be, who is this person i really have no idea but there has to be someone who is capable of running a franchise the way it should be run because we have have to many years with the opposite.

AngelicAssassin*

Have a feeling that even though the Bombers will continue to lose and let's face it they have given us no reason to think that all of a sudden they will figure out how to win, they will probably stay status quo till the end of the season, then everybody goes from top to bottom. Hopefully someone is hired that has no allegiance the city and/or former players and is given the keys to run this organization the way it should be, who is this person i really have no idea but there has to be someone who is capable of running a franchise the way it should be run because we have have to many years with the opposite.

There is a very finite list of GM's, coaches, and front office types that understand the CFL and could have success. We just never seem to land them. Not as upset about Walters as I don't see his face very week but O'Shea and that "I just downloaded in my shorts" look of his just makes me want to scream. I'm out in the country so maybe I just might go out back and scream at the top of my lungs.

If the Bombers were at all entertaining I could put up with the losing far better I think but watching them every week is like what getting repeatedly kicked in the nuts must feel like.

Maybe Mike Riley will take pity and come back to us.

nobody important

the pessimist returns
Jul 12, 2015
a quiet suburb

The guy we need was here. Then Joe Mack fired him as one of his first acts of sabotage. Now he's a Rider exec. Name's John Murphy.

nobody important

the pessimist returns
Jul 12, 2015
a quiet suburb
There is a very finite list of GM's, coaches, and front office types that understand the CFL and could have success. We just never seem to land them. Not as upset about Walters as I don't see his face very week but O'Shea and that "I just downloaded in my shorts" look of his just makes me want to scream. I'm out in the country so maybe I just might go out back and scream at the top of my lungs.

If the Bombers were at all entertaining I could put up with the losing far better I think but watching them every week is like what getting repeatedly kicked in the nuts must feel like.

Maybe Mike Riley will take pity and come back to us.

Umm, are you female? Can't see a guy thinking those are at all comparable. :laugh:

As for Riley, that would take a lot of pity to turn his back on a $3 million a year salary. Maybe he would consider free Shawarma Khan for life as partial payment.

Thorburnt

Jul 16, 2015
MTS Centre
What's Marc Trestman up to these days... If we could fire O'Shea and overpay him I would be happy. Otherwise you may as well just keep O'Shea. As much as he is just a DC, he hasn't lost the locker room yet and I mean just firing the coach every three years isn't a great look. Then again consistent failure isn't either. I dunno.

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
White Out MB
The guy we need was here. Then Joe Mack fired him as one of his first acts of sabotage. Now he's a Rider exec. Name's John Murphy.

Joe Mack set this team back many years no doubt but any capable manager and coaching staff should of have this team being at least competitive by now. Murphy's name has been mentioned before and he does know the inner workings of the CFL.

AngelicAssassin*

Umm, are you female? Can't see a guy thinking those are at all comparable. :laugh:

As for Riley, that would take a lot of pity to turn his back on a $3 million a year salary. Maybe he would consider free Shawarma Khan for life as partial payment.

Nope! All male! Just comparing watching the Bombers with what I feel would be the most painful thing I could think of short of the loss of a loved one.

A woman might compare it to trying to push a soccer ball through the eye of a needle.:laugh:

And damnit, no fair you made me hungry for a Big Bird and i'm a couple hours outside the city.

broinwhyteridge

Jun 27, 2011
Fire Maurice
What's Marc Trestman up to these days... If we could fire O'Shea and overpay him I would be happy. Otherwise you may as well just keep O'Shea. As much as he is just a DC, he hasn't lost the locker room yet and I mean just firing the coach every three years isn't a great look. Then again consistent failure isn't either. I dunno.

Without consistent failure the organization wouldn't have anything to hang it's hat on.

roccerfeller

jets bromantic
Sep 27, 2009
British Columbia
Trestman is in NFL non? Unless he was fired? I don't follow that league so I don't know.

But if there was some way we could pry Hufnagel out of the Stampeders organization......he's done nothing but good overall for the Stamps since he joined.

sipowicz

The thrill is gone
Mar 16, 2011
Trestman is in NFL non? Unless he was fired? I don't follow that league so I don't know.

But if there was some way we could pry Hufnagel out of the Stampeders organization......he's done nothing but good overall for the Stamps since he joined.

Baltimore Ravens OC, he ain't coming here anytime soon unless the Ravens fire him!

TheDeuce

Halak, Ryder, and a second.
Feb 22, 2009
Maybe we could convince Milt to be our OC.

I dunno, in my experience athletes who are exceptionally gifted tend to be sub-par coaches and teachers. Everything comes naturally to them so they can't relate to players who need to be walked through it.

m.

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
Maybe we could convince Milt to be our OC.

Love Milt, my fave all time Bomber, but he doesn't make sense half the time. He is a great personality on there but I find myself disagreeing with him more often than not, one example last year when he said Rakeem Cato is the next big star in this league, that he will be the future of the Als, that was after one or two games. Cato can't complete a pass now.

Fairview

Jan 30, 2016
Well this ought to be entertaining. I predict the bombers lose by 40 instead of 30 now. Nichols is really bad.

Well status quo was not working. In reality the offence can't look much worse than it has up to now. Willy has been really bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad