2016-2017 St. John's IceCaps & Brampton Beast

Status
Not open for further replies.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
am i the only one who's going to mention Crisp's production? He's NAILING it down there ;). A couple years too late for that one but still. Get him some freaking power skating lessons already.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Well, congrats to Fucale on the shutout. Big win for him and the St. John's team. Hope Habs send back Lindgren for the game tomorrow, but we'll see I guess.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
am i the only one who's going to mention Crisp's production? He's NAILING it down there ;). A couple years too late for that one but still. Get him some freaking power skating lessons already.

With some power skating, maybe he'll become a decent AHLer instead of a good ECHLer :laugh:

Fazkovsky

Sep 4, 2013
We shouldn't give up on fucale

While crisp is doing decent he still isn't dominating not a fan of this pick

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
Shame Habs can't give McCarron back to AHL. It seems to be helping DLR.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
Shame Habs can't give McCarron back to AHL. It seems to be helping DLR.

i really wish they just kept him down there. I could be wrong but I'd rather him actually get some offensive confidence in the AHL. Really happy DLR is starting to score. He has a decent shot. He's not uber skilled but he's not offensively challenged.

We can see that Fucale, still only 21, is a very legit prospect. 21 is still very young for a goalie. Same thing for DeLaRose, still only 21 and showing signs that he is progressing offensively.

I'll still wait on Fucale. It's only one game. not anti-Fucale necessarily (not exactly pro either) but one game is one game. Still you are right. He's got solid tools and hey, having Fucale as your #3 rated goalie prospect is damn good imo.

3 years of pro have kind of tricked some people when it comes to DLR. He's still young.

As long as these 2 can continue to progress they should be fine.

'13 draft could still yield some interesting fruit. I don't want to be premature in labelling Lehkonen as a 25-30 guy but it looks like he can definitely be a complimentary top 6er at the very least barring injuries or weird regressions. Let's hope he can still improve.

Hannibal

Fear the Weber
Feb 11, 2007
Lernout is playing this afternoon!? :amazed:

Back to back NHL games and almost 25 minutes yesterday...!! Hope he doesn't injured himself..

pled

Sep 7, 2009
wish mccarron would be there too

1-0 anyway good game lets finish it

Last edited:

pled

Sep 7, 2009
i didn't even know Didier knew how to goal

second this year and seventh since he left junior 6 years ago he just blew up his 6 goals in 6 years sad.

he also have better point per game than Parisi, Gregoire, Broll, Samuelsson, Racine or crisp.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
second this year and seventh since he left junior 6 years ago he just blew up his 6 goals in 6 years sad.

he also have better point per game than Parisi, Gregoire, Broll, Samuelsson, Racine or crisp.

I know montreal's high on him defensively. too bad he just seems to have no offence.

Scherbak with the apple! Let's hope they can pull this one out.

And agree with your statement before on McCarron. I think he'd benefit greatly from playing top minutes in the AHL. They should've waited till he potentially regained his early rookie season form.

That being said he could be one of those guys who could benefit from either league. I just think he has a bit more offensive potential than most think and I would've liked to have seen him get more opportunities to work on that.

pled

Sep 7, 2009
so,

Syracuse plays Utica x2 and Binghamton

Albany plays Rochester x2 and Hartford

Utica plays Syracuse x2 and Rochester

the Icecaps got Toronto x2

they kinda all have easier finish than the Icecaps but I hope Syracuse will 2-0 Utica. that would be their biggest chance.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Lindgren shows up in the AHL and gets a shutout in his comeback. 1-0 final for St. John's. Josiah Didier scored his 2nd of the year assisted by Scherbak.

Interesting note, it was Fucale as the back-up and not Yann Danis.

Big win for St. John's but they're not out of the woods yet. Utica can still overtake them. They still hold a game in hand.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Lindgren shows up in the AHL and gets a shutout in his comeback. 1-0 final for St. John's. Josiah Didier scored his 2nd of the year assisted by Scherbak.

Interesting note, it was Fucale as the back-up and not Yann Danis.

Big win for St. John's but they're not out of the woods yet. Utica can still overtake them. They still hold a game in hand.

they need to win at least one game and have one of Utica/Albany lose their game in hand.

Ice Caps - 80 pts 2 games left (both vs top team in division)
Albany - 79 pts 3 games left (all against bottom teams in the AHL)
Utica - 77 pts 3 games left (2 against #2 in division, 1 vs bottom team)

The win today likely puts them in as long as the IceCaps can pick up 2 pts.

and just in case of tiebreaker,

Following are the tiebreaking procedures used in the event of a tie in points percentage in the standings, regardless of division, following the completion of the regular season. When a tie among three or more teams is broken resulting in a two-team tie, the original tiebreaking method is used.

Between two teams:
a) percentage of games won (excluding shootout wins)
b) points in season series between teams
c) goal differential
d) goals scored in season series between teams
e) intra-conference points percentage

Among three or more teams:
a) percentage of games won (excluding shootout wins)
b) points percentage in combined season series
c) goal differential
d) goal differential in combined season series
e) intra-conference points percentage

pled

Sep 7, 2009
they need to win at least one game and have one of Utica/Albany lose their game in hand.

Ice Caps - 80 pts 2 games left (both vs top team in division)
Albany - 79 pts 3 games left (all against bottom teams in the AHL)
Utica - 77 pts 3 games left (2 against #2 in division, 1 vs bottom team)

The win today likely puts them in as long as the IceCaps can pick up 2 pts.

and just in case of tiebreaker,

but the icecaps got worst ROW than both team so Utica really need to lose one, the icecaps win 2 or Albany lose all. I guess one win and Utica losing one is the most probable

trouty

Oct 3, 2011
but the icecaps got worst ROW than both team so Utica really need to lose one, the icecaps win 2 or Albany lose all. I guess one win and Utica losing one is the most probable

they are tied with Utica now in Row. wednesday Utica plays Syracuse who still fight for top spot with Marlies.We need to handle our business

pled

Sep 7, 2009
they are tied with Utica now in Row. wednesday Utica plays Syracuse who still fight for top spot with Marlies.We need to handle our business

I meant per game played. if they win 2 for example and the icecaps get an overtime loss they will get the tiebreaker for row.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad