2016-2017 St. John's IceCaps & Brampton Beast

Status
Not open for further replies.

pled

Sep 7, 2009
with utica lose the icecaps only need 2 point out of 4 to be in playoff

wow the game is tied for the first time after an awesome short-handed from de la rose and two goal from hudon.

Last edited:

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Ice Caps losing 4-3 to the Marlies. They are in the 2nd intermission.

- Hudon with his 26th by Hanley and Terry on the PP.
- Hudon then scored his 27th unassisted.
- And finally De La Rose scores his 14th short-handed. Assists from Terry and Lindgren.
- Lindgren in nets letting in 4 GA in 19 shots.

Meanwhile Utica is tied 2-2 in the 2nd as I write this.

Edit: Utica just made it 3-2. Nikolai Goldobin with 2 goals. This is the prospect San Jose traded to Vancouver for Jannik Hansen.

Last edited:

pled

Sep 7, 2009
I guess they have to win tomorrow or hope for Syracuse win this one is over 5-3

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
If the Ice Caps lose in regulation and Utica loses in OT/SO, St. John's is out of the playoffs. If both teams lose in regulation, the Ice Caps clinch. Same goes if they both win.

While St. John's is facing the top team in the Division, Utica is up against Syracuse, the 2nd-place team in the Division, 1 point behind Toronto.

During last night's Dave Morrissette, Louis Jean spoke about the Ice Caps' loss to the Marlies and reinforced the point that this could be Lefebvre's 5th straight year missing the playoffs. He did say that as far as he knows, the Canadiens haven't indicated that Lefebvre will be gone and that he could very well be back in Laval next year. But another name he's heard through the grape vine is veteran coach André Tourigny.

Mr Fox

Hungry since '93
Aug 21, 2013
So, can they sign Juulsen to go in the PO or does it work differently than regular season? Let's say that they do make the playoffs by winning today, can Juulsen join for playoffs?

I have the feeling that they can't but that could make a great experience for Juulsen in prevision for next year, as well as solidifying the Ice Caps defense.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
He just signed with Halifax. Would he leave that quickly for the AHL?

Yea I know. But I'm sure coaches like him have an out-clause when they sign in the Juniors.

So, can they sign Juulsen to go in the PO or does it work differently than regular season? Let's say that they do make the playoffs by winning today, can Juulsen join for playoffs?

I have the feeling that they can't but that could make a great experience for Juulsen in prevision for next year, as well as solidifying the Ice Caps defense.

Someone more knowledgeable than me will surely have the better answer. But I think he can join because he's already under contract with the organization.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mr Fox

Hungry since '93
Aug 21, 2013
Someone more knowledgeable than me will surely have the better answer. But I think he can join because he's already under contract with the organization.

But I remember there was a fuss on trade deadline as McCarron had to be sent down before the limit so he could play in the P/O then sent back up. So it seems to revolve around a final list that is made on trade deadline ?

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
But I remember there was a fuss on trade deadline as McCarron had to be sent down before the limit so he could play in the P/O then sent back up. So it seems to revolve around a final list that is made on trade deadline ?

I think that's an NHL thing. I remember Bozon and Audette joining the club when their junior season was over.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

Yea, but I think that fuss concerns players who are in the NHL and not players in the Juniors.

I think that's an NHL thing. I remember Bozon and Audette joining the club when their junior season was over.

I think he's asking specifically for the playoffs. Because to play in the AHL playoffs, you need to be made eligible by the NHL trade deadline. As for the regular season, which was the case for Bozon and Audette, I think it doesn't matter.

But I think eligibility concerns players who are in the NHL and doesn't affect players coming from the Juniors. The Habs signed Niki Petti after the NHL deadline but I'm sure he'll be good to go should the Caps make the playoffs.

pled

Sep 7, 2009

Juulsen contract doesnt activate till next year or he plays 9 nhl game so he's free to sign a symbolic "ATO" and play with them if they win tonight.

and they can sign ato in the playoff

Last edited:

habsprospects

Nov 24, 2003
Sherbrooke, QC
habsprospects.com
AHL used to have a Clear Day Roster to set who would be eligible to play in the AHL from the NHL trade deadline through the Calder Cup playoffs. That was eliminated in 2013, so I think McCarron might only have been sent down for the NHL roster limit of 23.

As for Juulsen, he would be eligible to join now, regardless of him being signed to an NHL contract or not.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Juulsen contract doesnt activate till next year or he plays 9 nhl game so he's free to sign a symbolic "ATO" and play with them if they win tonight.

and they can sign ato in the playoff

His ELC won't slide until after the NHL Playoffs since he can hypothetically play NHL games right now, correct? So his ELC is currently in effect so he can play in the AHL without signing an ATO. And since AHL games don't count, his contract will slide no matter what. I don't know the rules so I'm wondering if this makes sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->