2016-2017 St. John's IceCaps & Brampton Beast

Status
Not open for further replies.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
so habsprospects said DLR got 2 apples and AHL.com says he got 1. Either way it looks like he's finally producing at a respectable clip. I think the 3 pro seasons already fool some people. He's still only 21. He can still develop into something respectable I'm sure.

How exactly was he beasting out there? Specifics wise if you watched. Thanks!

He was playing the right way! Strong all over the ice... First on pucks, strong on the boards, great effort all the time he was on the ice. A lot of hustle in his game.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Caps lose 2-1 against Hershey. Chris Terry with the lone goal assisted by Hanley and Hudon on the PP.

They currently sit 4th in their division. So at the moment, they are in the playoffs.

vballguy

Feb 15, 2017
Pled,
St. John's are currently in 4th place with 74 points. Ice Caps have played 68 games. Utica has 71 points and have played 67 games. Albany has 73 points and have played 67 games as well.
Going to be a wild finish!

pled

Sep 7, 2009
Pled,
St. John's are currently in 4th place with 74 points. Ice Caps have played 68 games. Utica has 71 points and have played 67 games. Albany has 73 points and have played 67 games as well.
Going to be a wild finish!

yeah utica just lost right now and also yesterday didn't look at their game so we have a bit of a lead now but we aren't in for sure yet

ngc_5128

Sep 24, 2002
Honestly when you reach the point where a timeout in a corner is needed it's often already too late. At this point often only maturing will solve the problem.

Hey, I said "sometimes" not "all the time" ;)

You can say the same thing about scratching a 21 year old hockey player.

pled

Sep 7, 2009
lost again against the worst team in the division. this team really need lindgren and some help if they want to make the playoff.

at least utica is losing their game.

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
Im starting to lose faith in Scherbak, just too much improvement needed at this point.. Hudon is a good AHL player, but thats about it. Terry is probably the best offensive player on that team, what is telling alot about the talent level on the farm..

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Im starting to lose faith in Scherbak, just too much improvement needed at this point.. Hudon is a good AHL player, but thats about it. Terry is probably the best offensive player on that team, what is telling alot about the talent level on the farm..

They put him in the hands of a clueless coach and some oafs son. You get what you pay for.

c3z4r

Jul 4, 2011
in the world

Terry has been the 2nd best forward in the AHL this season, so it's not really surprising.

get25

Oct 17, 2015

Terry has been the 2nd best forward in the AHL this season, so it's not really surprising.

How was Terry at the same age as Hudon?
59 points in 74 games (16G - 43A).
Hudon has 23G-17A in 48 GP (35G-26A = 61 points in 74 GP).

Hudon favorably compares to any top-20 goal scorer in AHL.
There are two who are younger but Hudon has better GPG.
All the others are older.
I think Hudon is going to be just fine.

Scherback: let's give him one or two more years.

But we all agree, our best prospects are in defense: Sergachev, Juulsen, Mete.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
lost again against the worst team in the division. this team really need lindgren and some help if they want to make the playoff.

at least utica is losing their game.

the good news is Utica after being red hot has lost 3 in a row and Albany has only picked up 3 pts in their last 7 games. So all 3 teams fighting for the final 2 spots don't have a win in the past few games. That game vs Utica and Albany could be the decider.

the bad news is that 5 of their last 7 games are against playoff teams (with 3 against the top team in the division). They need to get Lindgren back asap.

pled

Sep 7, 2009
I hope Danis can hold during the third.

Thanks god this team still have de la rose and terry good win

Last edited:

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
I am really pissed that Fucale was not given a start of the two games this weekend. Ugh I really hope a new coach arrives in time for the move to Laval.

Nice to see DLR having some offensive success! Go Jacob!

Agreed and nice to see him with an A on his jersey. He may never be a high end scorer but if he can be a strong two way player with good leadership skills it would be nice.

Last edited by a moderator:

Roadhouse

Bring me back to 2006...
Dec 12, 2016
Prescott & Russell
Agreed and nice to see him with an A on his jersey. He may never be a high end scorer but if he can be a strong two way player with good leadership skills it would be nice.

The ultimate reward with DLR, after a bit of Julien coaching, would be the ability to give him most of Pleks' hard defensive minutes... improved DLR has a good chance to be more effective than current Pleks once the transition really sets in.

This would be a prime example of patience being rewarded. Let's hope Jacob never lets up and becomes our 3C. He's a cost controlled asset for years to come and Pleks' salary will be better invested in our top 6. I must be talking about 2018-19, no way we're there next year... Is this ****ing optimistic or what lol.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
Jacob De La Rose had 7 goals, 14 points in 34 games last year, whereas he has 12 goals, 27 points in 56 games this year.

The improvement is statistically modest, but he seems to be on a hot streak right now so perhaps there's genuine underlying improvement.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
Jacob De La Rose had 7 goals, 14 points in 34 games last year, whereas he has 12 goals, 27 points in 56 games this year.

The improvement is statistically modest, but he seems to be on a hot streak right now so perhaps there's genuine underlying improvement.

i really think he's been the victim of too many call ups. He's started to get his offense so many times only to be called up. I don't think he'd necessarily been an AHL star production wise but the guy isn't as offensively inept as many seem to think.

Plus there seems to be many positive reports on him right now being the Caps best player for over a month now. I'm not putting money on him definitively turning a corner but it just looks pretty positive now after many of us were starting to write him off.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
i really think he's been the victim of too many call ups. He's started to get his offense so many times only to be called up. I don't think he'd necessarily been an AHL star production wise but the guy isn't as offensively inept as many seem to think.

Plus there seems to be many positive reports on him right now being the Caps best player for over a month now. I'm not putting money on him definitively turning a corner but it just looks pretty positive now after many of us were starting to write him off.

People wiser than me say that he has elite defensive potential.

If that is the case, he still needs to produce offense to be a viable bottom-six centre. The threshold is probably ~25 points a year on the third line and ~15 points a year on the 4th line (I'm not sure). If he can achieve that level or performance, or better, than he's golden.

19VJ17

Mar 9, 2011
The ultimate reward with DLR, after a bit of Julien coaching, would be the ability to give him most of Pleks' hard defensive minutes... improved DLR has a good chance to be more effective than current Pleks once the transition really sets in.

This would be a prime example of patience being rewarded. Let's hope Jacob never lets up and becomes our 3C. He's a cost controlled asset for years to come and Pleks' salary will be better invested in our top 6. I must be talking about 2018-19, no way we're there next year... Is this ****ing optimistic or what lol.

Love your optimistic view :clap:
Plus I agree the the prime example of Patience's being Rewarded...so true your words.

(The yo-yo)
The call ups and being sent down affect all young players but I also believe in the long run doesn't hurt their career. For me it just another challenge they need to overcome and JDR sure is showing good promise now.

Agree about the positive reports...he seems to have found his game and looked good to me in the games I've been able to see lately.

I'm a betting man :) so I would put some money on JDR being a solid 3rd line center for the Habs in the near future.:nod:

pled

Sep 7, 2009
Utica won today but since Albany lost the Icecaps are now third and closer to a playoff spot! They really need to win their last game versus those 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad