Line Combos: 2016-2017 Line-up Discussion - Let's go Bolling

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
it has to be Megna getting the call as much as I'd like to see Welinski get a look. You can't have Vatanen, Bieksa, Manson, Montour, and Welinski all in the lineup. That's too many RHD

I'm a touch worried they call up Schultz.

DuckTech

In vino veritas
Jul 7, 2011
Rural Orange County
I was listening to the post game show and Corey Perry said that Getz took a shift on the blue line and that Wagner was ready to take the next shift if penalties had not expired yet. Makes me wonder if that is the move (recall Kase, move Ritchie to 4th line LW that Wags normally plays).

darkwingduck

Nov 7, 2014
Mission Viejo, CA
I was listening to the post game show and Corey Perry said that Getz took a shift on the blue line and that Wagner was ready to take the next shift if penalties had not expired yet. Makes me wonder if that is the move (recall Kase, move Ritchie to 4th line LW that Wags normally plays).

They would just recall a dman. Not slot wagner as 6D

Oct 18, 2011
I hope they let Lindholm rest, based on his comments im guessing he reinjured the wrist that we've all been speculating about.

This is a good opportunity to allow Theo and Montour to sink or swim

At this point it is a necessity for them to play well.

Goose of Reason

El Zilcho
May 1, 2013
Who played with Montour most regularly in SD? My guess is that guys getting the callup.

That's Megna I believe. Montour said in an interview once that Megna was his ideal D partner so I'd assume anyway.

Can we not use Stoner in the regular season for cap reasons or has that frozen since the deadline? Can't remember how that system works.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
That's Megna I believe. Montour said in an interview once that Megna was his ideal D partner so I'd assume anyway.

Can we not use Stoner in the regular season for cap reasons or has that frozen since the deadline? Can't remember how that system works.

Teams have to be cap compliant thru the last day of the regular season. The playoffs don't matter. But 4 days from the end of the season I find it hard to believe we are that close that he could not be recalled due to cap constraints.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
Larsson would be playing in the NHL right now if he stuck with the Gulls instead of going back to sweden

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Larsson also have a knee injury and MIGHT play this season only if Frolunda gets to the finals. Eh... he looked competent in the start of the year.

Opak

Nov 28, 2014
I'm a touch worried they call up Schultz.

As others have posted, all of Schultz/Guenin/Welinski played last night for San Diego, Megna was absent from the lineup. No official announcement for the call-up, but the writing is certainly on the wall. Assuming Stoner is still not cleared and Megna gets inserted into the lineup, we're probably looking at something like this for the Chicago game.

Vatanen - Bieksa
Theodore - Manson
Megna - Montour

It would be EXTREMELY interesting to see the big man Megna make his NHL debut.

Opak

Nov 28, 2014
Friedman's latest 30 thoughts discusses Anaheim's goalie situation in great detail (points 17-20). Lots of talk about Bernier, Gibson, the goalie coach Maharaj, and last season's Freddy/Gibby tandem situation.

The biggest revelation was that Friedman believes Bruce wanted to start Freddy since night 1 last spring, but the managment overruled him and told him to start Gibson.

darkwingduck

Nov 7, 2014
Mission Viejo, CA
Assuming cam is out long term I hope (knowing rc will play bieksa regardless) the d goes

Hampus-montour
Theodore-Manson
Bieksa-vatanen

And in waning minutes holding a lead put hampus and Manson together

Dirk316

Nov 8, 2004
St Petersburg, Fl
Assuming cam is out long term I hope (knowing rc will play bieksa regardless) the d goes

Hampus-montour
Theodore-Manson
Bieksa-vatanen

And in waning minutes holding a lead put hampus and Manson together

My. Guess is if Stoner is cleared he plays ahead of Theodore.

Hampus-Manson
Stoner-Vat
Bieksa-Montour

DaGeneral

Apr 15, 2012
The biggest revelation was that Friedman believes Bruce wanted to start Freddy since night 1 last spring, but the managment overruled him and told him to start Gibson.

Confirmed if true, that BB had no stones.

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012
Confirmed if true, that BB had no stones.

If you want to look at things like that you could also say BM has no stones because he allowed the Samuelis to impose a budget every year up until this year.

That kind of sabotage is ******** and I really don't want to believe the franchise would actually make a decision based on anything other than what gives the team it's best chance to win.

Last edited:

PCDiesel

Jun 17, 2011
Boston, MA
If you want to look at things like that you could also say BM has no stones because he allows the Samuelis impose a budget every year up until this year.

That kind of sabotage is ******** and I really don't want to believe the franchise would actually make a decision based on anything other than what gives the team it's best chance to win.

You would think that this would mean that Gibby will be the starter for the playoffs, but it could also mean that they change course and give Bernier a few games. I think today's game is important in two ways. If Gibby gets the start, I think he's defiantly going to be the starter. If Bernier gets the start it, he shut them out last time, shows that things will certainly be more interesting and would be a coaches decision and not a management one. Two goalies playing great, and it matters even more now with the loss of Fowler.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad