2016/17 lineup

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
I don't think 2C is a spot that's open. SB really went out of his way to lock down AA, and he seems really high on him. Right now, that line is clicking, and AA has been a huge part of it. If his production tails off dramatically, I could see Q trying Schmaltz there, but he has to show management something before they are willing to put him in that spot.

I'm inferring from your post that you think starting AA in the O-zone 70% of the time is a waste, and I tend to agree with you. Having AA and Kruger as your 3-4 C is a pretty nice defensive luxury, but AA does a lot for that second line, and I'm not convinced that Schmaltz is going to be up to the task. I also think that changes the make-up of the line. Schmaltz isn't afraid to go to the front of the net, but he does like being behind the goal-line a little too much for my liking.

Bottom line is, I don't think AA is being moved, and especially for a kid who (understandably) seems to be struggling mentally with the pace of the game.

AA is this team's second best center, I don't question that at all. But if you have a line with your two best wingers, I feel like they should be able to compensate for a lesser center.

So if that happens, you now have your second best center playing with your second best all-around RW on the third line. That immediately feels like more balance.

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
I'd like to see what Schmaltz could do next to Panik and Hartman. This line would be fun to watch. Brings back Hossa with Toews and Motte added

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Interested to see how Hossa and Panarin mesh. Hossa is still an elite possession driver, should help provide Panarin with more time in the zone and shot opportunities. Chemistry is really the question. Hossa isn't much of an East-West guy. He goes in straight lines.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
In order to save Toews from further embarrassment,our master blender Q genius gives him Kane ....then mixes up the rest of the lines..This may please the marketing dept if Toews picks up his game now and the star returned etc...bit if the other lines fail we are back at square 1...

If Toes still fails after tjis then is royally you know what ...

Better if Q just motivated his key vets to play hard to their 'A " effort than expect g Saviour Kane to rescue a falling star...Better Q should teach his f-men how to take guys out of the play instead of tooling around our zone unchecked..why can't our d-men stand up at the line to stuff entries before tgey get going..why can't our forwards take pucks away if opponents get into our zone..why can't we win more puck battles on the boards..why are we playing so soft...why does our pk sick?Why Why Why? WELL if certain bets are fat-cat. .if Q cannot teach the kids to be in correct positions
...if the poster star LEADER of tge team is in a stupor of non-smoking ..well then we call this a MESS. ..so now tge blender is supposed to magically fix all these problems? I am skeptical..but we shall give them another mulligan ..if Kane can't fix what is ailing Toews and if Q can't gel the rest 9f the blend to competency ..then we might as well plan for the lottery pick.

RememberTheRoar

Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
So with Schmaltz potentially moving up with Toews and Kane, could Panik move down and fill the Shaw role? A scoring, grinding, hitting threat on Kruger's shutdown line. Also, being the guy who stands in front of the net on the powerplay.

Schmaltz-Toews-Kane
Panarin-Anisimov-Hossa
Desi-Kruger-Panik
Mix and match the rest on the fourth line

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
So with Schmaltz potentially moving up with Toews and Kane, could Panik move down and fill the Shaw role? A scoring, grinding, hitting threat on Kruger's shutdown line. Also, being the guy who stands in front of the net on the powerplay.

Schmaltz-Toews-Kane
Panarin-Anisimov-Hossa
Desi-Kruger-Panik
Mix and match the rest on the fourth line

that is interesting lineup.... it all depend on hossa, but it may be a keeper.

i really want hartman there, maybe in the 4th line.

ThatSaid

May 31, 2015
Glendale Heights, IL
I like Schmaltz with Hossa. I don't think he's ready to play top minutes from what we've seen so far. No reason to move Panik down the lineup. He's been a bull in front of the net, finishing his chances, and always seems to be in the right spot. What message does it send to a team when one of the top performers is moved into a 3rd line role?

No way.

RememberTheRoar

Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
I like Schmaltz with Hossa. I don't think he's ready to play top minutes from what we've seen so far. No reason to move Panik down the lineup. He's been a bull in front of the net, finishing his chances, and always seems to be in the right spot. What message does it send to a team when one of the top performers is moved into a 3rd line role?

No way.

No way, huh?

Well it looks like there is a way, like the way lines were constructed at today's practice.

#Blackhawks lines:
Schmaltz-Toews-Kane
Panarin-Anisimov-Hossa
Hartman-Kruger-Panik
Desjardins-Rasmussen-Tootoo

ThatSaid

May 31, 2015
Glendale Heights, IL
No way, huh?

Well it looks like there is a way, like the way lines were constructed at today's practice.

#Blackhawks lines:
Schmaltz-Toews-Kane
Panarin-Anisimov-Hossa
Hartman-Kruger-Panik

I love Q, but I can't support this lineup. What has Schmaltz done to earn Panik's spot? Why does everyone seem so eager to move Panik down the line-up? That has to be a huge let-down for one of the guys who has carried some slack this year.

As for Schmaltz, I'm still high on him, but I just don't think he's earned that spot. My bet is he looks out of place tomorrow. Frankly, the kid looks like he could use a year in Rockford.

wladyslaw

Aug 19, 2013
I love Q, but I can't support this lineup. What has Schmaltz done to earn Panik's spot? Why does everyone seem so eager to move Panik down the line-up? That has to be a huge let-down for one of the guys who has carried some slack this year.

As for Schmaltz, I'm still high on him, but I just don't think he's earned that spot. My bet is he looks out of place tomorrow. Frankly, the kid looks like he could use a year in Rockford.

I like Panik... but let's be real... he is terrible in the cycle/possession game... 88/19/81 have to hate playing with his lack of possession game... and every now and then he makes a "Beach-like " pass- toward Hawks Goal... if Q wasn't all ready playing so many rookies... Panik would have been getting Bickell treatment...

My eye-test says Q is not happy w/ lack of possession... and Toews is tired of chasing the other way versus "old days" of dominating Possession for several shifts a game.

Don't know if Schmaltz is ready... but Panik's weakest part of game... probably cycling the puck.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
No way, huh?

#Blackhawks lines:
Schmaltz-Toews-Kane
Panarin-Anisimov-Hossa
Hartman-Kruger-Panik

ras and hart switched. interesting.

any honest opinion is needed. how has Rasmussen played so far... he is a keeper moving forward??

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
I like this lineup. I think it's the best we can ice. Panik started good but hasn't done much to be on the topline. Giving Schmaltz some linemates to Play is good. Maybe switching Kane and Hossa again, but that's the only Switch I'd like.

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
I like this lineup. I think it's the best we can ice. Panik started good but hasn't done much to be on the topline. Giving Schmaltz some linemates to Play is good. Maybe switching Kane and Hossa again, but that's the only Switch I'd like.

i don't know, i understand the reasoning for kane and hossa switching, but i will have to wait and see, to see the results.

ref panik, all i have to say on him, his great start is a pleasant surprise and i hope he can sustain it. this team need a few positive news.

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
Team Needs positiv News? 8-1-1 in the last 10 games with the goalie being #2 star of the week and the Forwards scoring lots of Goals.

I like Schmaltz and think he will work well given good linemates

LDF

Sep 28, 2016
Team Needs positiv News? 8-1-1 in the last 10 games with the goalie being #2 star of the week and the Forwards scoring lots of Goals.

I like Schmaltz and think he will work well given good linemates

:laugh: yeah, i know that it is kinda of weird in what i said, but what i meant is, hope that the great results is sustainable. mostly that #1 line and #3 line can start kicking it into that extra gear. it would be great if all 3 lines gets going.

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC

When Motte comes back, I could see Motte - Kruger - Panik becoming our defensive line. A line that has the ability to shut down an opponent's top two lines. Unfortunately, I don't see this line creating a lot of offense.

Hartman - Ras - Desi would be a fine 4th line.

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
Eeeh...Excuse me?

what has he done the past 8 games?
I like him, I'm happy that he Plays for Chicago and he is a bargain, but what has he done to Play next to Toews and Kane? Last 8 Games while on a winning streak he has 2 assists, shoot the puck 8 times on the net and is -1.

He started great, but that's what he is. A streaky Player that isn't really a Top6 Player but can be a nice complementary Piece.

Luigi#17

May 25, 2006
Pardubice
what has he done the past 8 games?
I like him, I'm happy that he Plays for Chicago and he is a bargain, but what has he done to Play next to Toews and Kane? Last 8 Games while on a winning streak he has 2 assists, shoot the puck 8 times on the net and is -1.

He started great, but that's what he is. A streaky Player that isn't really a Top6 Player but can be a nice complementary Piece.
Didn't he get any screener's assists? Points don't necessary tell the whole truth. When he disturbs goalie or defensemen in front of him, he's very useful. He's got a quick release, so I agree he has to shoot more (+ more accurately). As for the last 8 games, he hadn't been playing all ot them beside one or the other if I'm not mistaken.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad