2016/17 lineup

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014

Really? I think this would be the first game in quite awhile Campbell hasn't dressed for. Diddnt have a terrific night and I know Q has been looking to get TVR in but this seems like a bit of a knee jerk reaction

:facepalm:

Damnit, Q.

Stan needs to trade TVR tomorrow for anything. A bag of pucks. Remove him as an option if Q is going to be this ridiculous.

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
:facepalm:

Damnit, Q.

Stan needs to trade TVR tomorrow for anything. A bag of pucks. Remove him as an option if Q is going to be this ridiculous.

I think that's an overreaction. A day off for a 37 year old dman isn't anything to worry about. And generally a good idea to get your #7 some action here and there.

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
If Rozi needs to play he should be doing it in Rockford

this, as far as I knew Rozy was brought here one more year to simply ease the transition of kempney, that after last years contract for rozy was a gift for recovering from a shattered ankle the previous post season....
Rozy should not play more than 15 games for the hawks this season

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
Soupy's biggest problem IMO is having to re-adjust to playing his offside. He's played predominantly on the left in Florida.

Bingo. Seems like noone is getting this. Played 5 years on his natural side.

I also wonder if the TVR trade rumors are true, if this is a showcase.

SimpleJack

Jul 25, 2013
I think the formula until the TDL should be:

Panarin-AA-Kane
Motte/Schmaltz-Toews-Panik
Motte/Schmaltz-Kruger-Hossa
Desjardins/Hartman-Rasmussen-Tootoo

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
I can't believe I watched Pirri tonight for the Rangers. Same old / same old. All he does is shoot. The Rangers had a 5 on 3 and all Pirri did was miss the net twice while never thinking about moving the puck.

The Rangers also played Clendening, Vesey, and Hayes. They had a collection of players who thoroughly annoyed Blackhawk fans ... and not as an opponent.

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
Campbell is 37 and we Need him fresh in April/May.
It's possible that we Showcase TvR to a Team that is interested. I know they should know him already, but maybe they aren't sure yet.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
If Rozi needs to play he should be doing it in Rockford

Yeah, but that's not going to happen.

If we are going to rest a 37 year old defenseman throughout the year, back to backs are probably when it is going to happen the most.
People making a big deal out of this are just *****ing to *****. Especially when Campbell hasn't been all that great so far.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
He's been better than Kempny. Like I said, if it's just to give Soupy rest I get it. If Q thinks TvR is a better option...

Meh, it's a toss up between the two. Neither have been that great, but Kempy has a lot more speed than Campbell, and has been a good fit with Seabs.

And I highly doubt Q thinks TvR is a better option than Campbell.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Seems like they are giving Soupy a rest (Columbus is a team to do it against) and they are showcasing TVR (Columbus is the team to do it against unless they have shown a dramatic improvement).

SAADfather

Dec 12, 2014
Would really have liked to have seen Kempny on the other side of Forsling on PP2. Giftng TVR opportunities in an effort to move him, imo.

Robsker

Nov 8, 2014
Seems like they are giving Soupy a rest (Columbus is a team to do it against) and they are showcasing TVR (Columbus is the team to do it against unless they have shown a dramatic improvement).

They should give Campbell along the lines of 15 -20 games off throughout the year to diminish the fatigue factor come playoff time. Give him days off based upon needed rest (4-5 games on 1 or two off -- something like that) if possible based upon opponents, the schedule in terms of # of days off, etc. If not 15-20 games off then at least 10 strategically spaced. This gives him rest, makes him better for the playoffs and gives meaningful experience for others..

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
They should give Campbell along the lines of 15 -20 games off throughout the year to diminish the fatigue factor come playoff time. Give him days off based upon needed rest (4-5 games on 1 or two off -- something like that) if possible based upon opponents, the schedule in terms of # of days off, etc. If not 15-20 games off then at least 10 strategically spaced. This gives him rest, makes him better for the playoffs and gives meaningful experience for others..

10 games used strategically would be ideal.

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
Every back-to-back I can see Campbell sitting, and a rotation of TvR and Rozi on those days.

At this pace, 1 out of every 5 games, give or take a few. That equates to about 16-17 games off. It sounds about what everybody expects and wants regarding Campbell's rest rate.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
No clue where to put this but it looks like Crow is moving to a all white setup (I like this setup the most and used it when I played (other than my Louisville TPS pads that had the opposite color scheme from each other)

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
No clue where to put this but it looks like Crow is moving to a all white setup (I like this setup the most and used it when I played (other than my Louisville TPS pads that had the opposite color scheme from each other)

It's about time. Call me crazy but I'm convinced that all white disguises the 5 hole - especially when a shooter is rushed to make a play to the net..

Back on the topic of Soupy, I must admit that I didn't take into consideration that he was at the point of needing to be rested on occasion. It does make sense given the situation in the back end. Here's to TVR having a good game. :cheers:

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
I personally think the black looks the best, and probably helps to hide the puck on rebounds a little better, but I don't think goalie pad colours make much of a difference at the end of the day. For as many five goals that are scored because of dark pads, as many rebound goals are scored because of white pads.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Crow's best statistical season just came wearing black pads. I'm pretty sure it would have still been the case if he were wearing neon green pads.

I don't think wearing white is the difference between a goal and a save.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad