Injury Report: 2016-17 Line Combinations, Roster & Injury Discussion ★

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
From Stars Site - "It was expected that Dan Hamhuis and John Klingberg would be paired together, but it hasn't worked out that way this week. Jordie Benn has been on the left side with Klingberg and Hamhuis has been with Patrik Nemeth"

Jordie Benn as the top pair with Klinger? I assume the world will fall apart if JoBenn is a top pair guy now.......

Where is Razors smartass "meritocracy" quote when you need it.

Patrick last i knew was in charge of coaching the defense... How does he still have a job. Unless this is Ruff decision, which does seems stupid enough to be a Ruff decision. In which case these kinds of decision should lead to his termination in which case; keep it up Ruff.

Indianation65

Oct 14, 2014
Currently, North Tex
Like most of us, we are not fans of Jordie on the 3rd line much less the top line.

I, for one, hope there's something to this other than spreading the top D-men across all lines.

"Jordie, please be great, make me/us eat our words and show us you have earned that top spot."

I don't see it, but actually, I'd rather be wrong and Jordie be great, then be right and Jordie be terrible.

Go Stars!

serp

Jan 17, 2016
I mean i kinda get what Ruff is thinking albeit i'm not sure its a good idea. Spread out your defense and build 3 pairs that all are somewhat equal albeit may equally weak. I mean if you pair Jordie with Klinger and give the pairing mostly offensive starts how much damage can Jordie really do ? Now if thats actually the plan , well i sure hope so because 1st pairing minutes for Jordie make absolutely no sense , ever.

Last edited:

serp

Jan 17, 2016
It's okay friends, Jordie only played 13:29

Yeah only took Lindy a full period to see that Klingberg can't babysit Jordie and gave that task to Hamhuis. Gave Klinger a real partner to play with. Nemeth looked solid imho.

SirKillalot

Feb 27, 2008
Norway
So, we're a new site who writes about the NHL.

Where we had a preview of all the teams, ranking your Dallas Stars 6th in the quest of becoming "Best in the West".

Ruff coached them well enough last year, but like Nill, he needs to contribute to making the team more defensively stable. His style works brilliantly in the regular season with the group of guys he has, but has proven more deficient when it comes to the play-offs. That being said, Ruff will remain coach even if this season isn’t a success.

Forwards – 9/10

There are some small questions regarding depth, but the first two lines proved last year just how productive they are. This team will score plenty of goals, and Tyler Seguin will continue to prove that Peter Chiarelli and Cam Neely made one of the worst deals in history before Peter Chiarelli traded Taylor Hall for Adam Larsson.

https://nhlnor.com/2016/10/12/season-preview-dallas-stars/

What do you think of our ranking? Agree with our points? Disagree? Agree with where we believe the Stars will end up, unless they do something about goaltending or defense?

Btw, has there been anymore rumors in regards to Bishop? The Lightning isn't exactly good trade partners in regards to taking salary back, so it would be hard to trade one of the two goalies there to be backups, in addition to several other pieces of course.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Could send Nill please send Lindell down or make Ruff play him in an actual game ...

The **** is he sitting in the pressbox next to Oleksiak if you can send him down without any complications ... ?

Last edited:

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014
Is it still the same goalie carasouel between Lehtonen and Niemi or does one have precedence over the other in starts?

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Hemsky and Hudler should both be back Saturday

Nope Hudler aparently is really sick ....

Wonder who they're gonna call up . Smith was last to be send down but we don't exactly need more grinders but someone who can look competent in a top 9 or top 6 role .

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
Since it looks likely for a game or two, who would be next in line to call up from the T Stars at FW?

Probably Gemel Smith, based on pre-season? DG? Remi Elie? Justin Dowling?

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Janmark, Eakin, Sharp, Hemsky, Hudler, Nichushkin, Eaves.

Jesus. That's a good middle six group of forwards that we've lost in basically one month, four of whom look long-term.

OttMorrow

Sep 18, 2003
Don't we need some skill players who can score ? Someone like Cole Ully maybe ?

I agree. Ully should be the guy, but I think Gemel Smith will get the call.

Last edited by a moderator:

HAWKSWINHAWKSWIN

Apr 5, 2002
The 49th parallel
Visit site
Have been watching Devin Shore for the part few years. He seems to be doing quite well out there. Is this temporary or will he stick around when Hemsky/Hudler make their way back? Its only been 4 games but he is a ppg so far.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad