Injury Report: 2016-17 Line Combinations, Roster & Injury Discussion ★

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
idk what they're doing on defense and idt anyone really knows what they've been doing since 2010

They've been piling up young d-men, but most of them just haven't been very good. We could list the names. It's a long list. Klingberg is the only one we know can play. Johns had a promising start. Honka looks like he's got NHL ability. The rest? Ugh.

OttMorrow

Sep 18, 2003
To be fair we don't exactly have great options on the left side. Hamhuis and Oduya are stopgaps . Nemeth hasn't shown all that much in the NHL so far and Oleksiak even less.
While a bit unreasonable to expect a 21 year old to play first pairing minutes off the bat its not like the guys to beat out to take the spot are worldbeaters.

Looking at it now it its probably to pencil better Lindell in to replace Oduya next year and fill in this year when injuries happen. This year Honka might have a better shot to make the team since our 3rd RD is the weakest position on defense . Jordie is well Jordie and Oleksiak is just terrible even worse on the right side.

I don't think you can pencil in any prospect Dman anywhere on a NHL lineup 95% of the time until they've proven themselves at the NHL-level.

Lindell has much to prove, and we're not a rebuilding team anymore. He's going to have to TAKE a spot from someone. Remember, the Stars can always make a trade for another veteran D to increase our depth if Lindell doesn't seem ready...and they very well may do that at some point this season.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Looks like Hemsky or Seguin ( more likely Hemsky ) might not be ready to start the year since this looks to be happening.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Just waive Oleksiak already when you're not confident enough in his ability. FFS .

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
Could you guys ever see klingberg playing the pk the way erik karlsson does now?

serp

Jan 17, 2016
It's not worse than last year everytime Moen was in the lineup. He by himself made sure our 4th line would only play 5-8 minutes max.

OttMorrow

Sep 18, 2003
Just waive Oleksiak already when you're not confident enough in his ability. FFS .

If there is no interest in Oleksiak from a trade perspective, I'd just waive him. I think he'd have a very good chance of clearing waivers actually, which would be the ideal scenario. Then we could stash him in the AHL and keep him in the depth chart. Maybe it would motivate him, maybe not, but at this point, who really cares?

Mr Misty

The Irons Are Back!
Feb 20, 2012
It's not worse than last year everytime Moen was in the lineup. He by himself made sure our 4th line would only play 5-8 minutes max.

Except he didn't play every game like McKenzie, Cracknell, and Korpikoski will. They should have about 3x Moen's 48 appearances together when the year is over.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Except he didn't play every game like McKenzie, Cracknell, and Korpikoski will. They should have about 3x Moen's 48 appearances together when the year is over.

Will they when everybody is healthy again ? Its possible i suppose its possible but i hope not .

Toppairing defenseman Jordie inc ? :laugh:

Mr Misty

The Irons Are Back!
Feb 20, 2012
Will they when everybody is healthy again ? Its possible i suppose its possible but i hope not .

Toppairing defenseman Jordie inc ? :laugh:

One of them will be in every night for the foreseeable future. Multiples until both Hemsky and Eakin are set, plus whenever we have another injury.

serp

Jan 17, 2016

Completely unsuprising.

Benn or Lindell play in the opener. Might've happened anyway so whatever.

One of them will be in every night for the foreseeable future. Multiples until both Hemsky and Eakin are set, plus whenever we have another injury.

I hope for something like

Benn-Seguin-Eaves
Sharp-Spezza-Hudler
Roussel-Faksa-Hemsky
Shore-Eakin-Ritchie
Korpikoski/Cracknell

once Eakin is back but yes its possible Shore gets send down instead which would suck.

Last edited:

Mr Misty

The Irons Are Back!
Feb 20, 2012
We've seen the team make the same choice over and over again when faced with the big minutes in AHL vs limited use in NHL choice for promising young players. If Shore or Lindell or whoever isn't a million percent convincing to management, they won't stick. Believing otherwise is pure fantasy because both past behavior and the signings of Cracknell and Korpikoski tell us their intention.

Benneguin

Original Recipe
May 26, 2015
I don't remember the Red Wings missing the playoffs... Sorry just have a bad feeling this year.

Pohlow

Mar 26, 2012
Frisco, Tx
Getting a strong Avalanche vibe so far. Win the central one year and then pick first overall the very next. Benn and Seguin will always keep us from picking first overall, though

OttMorrow

Sep 18, 2003
Getting a strong Avalanche vibe so far. Win the central one year and then pick first overall the very next. Benn and Seguin will always keep us from picking first overall, though

I feel you. We got younger on D, and older in our mediocre net during the offseason. Offense stayed about the same. I can't see us being a lottery team, but if we any serious injuries to our D Core, we could be in for a rough ride.

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
From Stars Site - "It was expected that Dan Hamhuis and John Klingberg would be paired together, but it hasn't worked out that way this week. Jordie Benn has been on the left side with Klingberg and Hamhuis has been with Patrik Nemeth"

Jordie Benn as the top pair with Klinger? I assume the world will fall apart if JoBenn is a top pair guy now.......

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad