Injury Report: 2016-17 Line Combinations, Roster & Injury Discussion ★

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
Once the Stars are out of it, he will get a road game start, on a back to back, somewhere on the road, most likely either ANA or LAK in the last two games of the season. And, why not? Personally, I would like to see Bow get a few starts since he at least has long term NHL potential.

Vesna

Jul 1, 2016
Easy math
One first line + Three fourth lines = 2017-18 Dallas Stars roster
made by Hitch, good work

Last edited:
Reactions: Kcb12345

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
Heika upset a segment of Stars fans when he said there is worry about Benn's decline. Heika also expressed some opinions questioning Benn's attitude and leadership. The facebook type fan is very pissed. I did a little research and was shocked.

Benn is on a downward trend when it comes to offensive production. Here's where he finished compared to the rest of the league over the last four seasons: 1st, 2nd, 23rd, and 28th (in progress). This season, his cap hit is fifth highest.

For the facebook fan to say Benn is as good as ever isn't borne out by the numbers.

Reactions: Benneguin

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
I think most of us around here knew the scoring trophy was a one off deal. Surprised he finished second the next year and had hockey news put him in the top five players in the league. He is about the age when the scoring drop off starts to occur. Not that each individual case isn't different, but yeah, I think his 40 goals season is definitely one and done.

If he can maintain top 25 or so in the league, that would still be great. I think he will drop five spots a year for the next 3-5 years, and then fall off a cliff.

Smelling Salt

Busey is life
Mar 8, 2006
Winnipeg
Well Hitchcock's style of play is to blame for some. To me he looks like Modano in his later years. Floats around the perimeter flicking saucer passes into the middle hoping to make something happen. He's good enough that he'll get points doing that, but it's not nearly as effective as he could be. I look at a guy like Eric Staal and think "can you imagine Jamie doing that at Staal's age?" Heck, I can't see Jamie doing that next year.

KaraLupin

카라
Jun 4, 2009
Vancouver
Heika upset a segment of Stars fans when he said there is worry about Benn's decline. Heika also expressed some opinions questioning Benn's attitude and leadership. The facebook type fan is very pissed. I did a little research and was shocked.

Benn is on a downward trend when it comes to offensive production. Here's where he finished compared to the rest of the league over the last four seasons: 1st, 2nd, 23rd, and 28th (in progress). This season, his cap hit is fifth highest.

For the facebook fan to say Benn is as good as ever isn't borne out by the numbers.

Usually if you have to do research to determine if a statement is true it's probably closer than you think. If you watch all of a team's games and can't visibly see that he is declining than it's probably things such as coaching and just general randomness with point total variations. He was fine this season, just the powerplay was coached kind of weird, which led to point deductions for everyone.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
CHances of Lehtonen starting tomorrow? thanks in advance. thinking of picking up a stars goal when they play couver.

We lost 6-0 to Vancouver already this year and it began our downfall so I can't guarantee you a win here but Kari will start likely the remainder of the season. Maybe he sits 1 or so games I doubt it though.

Reactions: Ulysses31

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
Hitch has too much respect for the vets on our team who couldn't pull their weight all year long.

Duffeldof

Jun 28, 2014
Something to throw into mix when talking about Benn and his regression.

Seguingamespointspts/gm5v5 corsi Benn gamespointspts/gm5v5corsi
13-1480841,0552.3 81790,9851.91
14-1571771,0854.20 82871,0654.52
15-1672731,0155.06 82891,0953.74
16-1782720,8850.67 77690,9049.08
17-1879760,9651.14 79710,9051.91
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Seguin has been good this season. Benn has felt like under performing. But still they are producing equally.

Is Benns "regression" more about him playing less noticeable game?

jballa95

Aug 18, 2013
The biggest problem I have with Benn is not the questions about his leadership, energy, or his point production. But rather the sudden stupidity that has suddenly been injected into his game. When Benn plays a simple game, he plays well and tends to produce because of it. It's the absolutely stupid failed passes through 4 opposing players, or obvious right into the legs of an opponent, or an failed attempted dekes once he enters the zone. It's like he's becoming spezza in that regard. Benn should play simple, and use his shot more. I do think he will rebound though. Look at how Giroux's production declined, evenmore significantly than Benn, and now its rebounded again.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad