Injury Report: 2016-17 Line Combinations, Roster & Injury Discussion ★

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Some forwards aparently banged up. Not sure why they needed to send Honka back though. I mean we have a couple of guys on IR with Method and Hanzal right ?

Azzuri

Feb 6, 2017
Some forwards aparently banged up. Not sure why they needed to send Honka back though. I mean we have a couple of guys on IR with Method and Hanzal right ?

Cap space. With them already in Denver and the holiday coming up, keeping Honka in the AHL until the next game saves them a few dollars.

SolidusAKA

Mar 5, 2011
London, Ontario
I know this is always sour grapes, but I was playing NHL 18 the other day and did a reverse fantasy draft of the picks I would have made over the last few years. With Domi over Val, Barzal over Gurianov...

Benn - Seguin - Radulov
Domi - Barzal - Spezza
Janmark - Faksa - Shore
Roussel - Hanzal - Pitlick

Heiskanen - Klingberg
Lindell - Honka
Methot - Johns

Bishop
Oettinger/Point

txomisc

Mar 18, 2002
California
Visit site
I know this is always sour grapes, but I was playing NHL 18 the other day and did a reverse fantasy draft of the picks I would have made over the last few years. With Domi over Val, Barzal over Gurianov...

Benn - Seguin - Radulov
Domi - Barzal - Spezza
Janmark - Faksa - Shore
Roussel - Hanzal - Pitlick

Heiskanen - Klingberg
Lindell - Honka
Methot - Johns

Bishop
Oettinger/Point
Yeah you can call it sour grapes but you can also say its pretty fair. Val felt like the right choice because he was a faller but domi was pretty highly rated too and i liked wennberg alot. Gurianov was a real head scratcher. I wanted Conner but also would have preferred Barzal. Both certainly appear to be better players at this point.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Would love to see Hintz play. I feel tonight would be a better game to play him than tomorrow in Nashville depending on who is injured. Hope it's not Jamie Benn

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Hanzal out 6-7 months with back surgery/spinal fusion. He wasn't great but still this sucks.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Hanzal out 6-7 months with back surgery/spinal fusion. He wasn't great but still this sucks.

He was an important piece to this team, and I think people started to realize that as the year went on. His play was gradually improving, but he's the type of guy we badly need in the playoffs. Hopefully he can come back much healthier next season

serp

Jan 17, 2016
He did make the team better when in but he was never healthy enough to stay in for longer.

Reactions: Kcb12345

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
This explains why he looked so stiff and slow at times. Also why he would disappear from games. A healthy Hanzal is a lot better than the guy we saw.

I'm also ready to say not to expect much from him for the two seasons remaining on his contract. Spinal fusion is serious business for normal people. For a pro athlete in a contact sport, this isn't good at all.

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
Pretty brutal news. You knew when we signed him that you weren't getting 82 games + playoffs out of him but it sucks that his career is probably in jeopardy (??? I'm not a doctor but this guy is gonna have his third back surgery, that can't be good on someone playing a physical sport for a living)

Salt in the wounds of those who wanted some depth trades at the trade deadline. Way to go Nill.

Reactions: Kcb12345

Tyler Durden

Sep 18, 2009
I know its been already mentioned but since the last post has there been any updates or news on Bishop? I know he skated in full on Monday and faced some shots at Monday's skate. Thanks.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
I know its been already mentioned but since the last post has there been any updates or news on Bishop? I know he skated in full on Monday and faced some shots at Monday's skate. Thanks.

He's officially back in tonight

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad