Injury Report: 2016-17 Line Combinations, Roster & Injury Discussion ★

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
Good for Adam. Hope he sticks. Interesting to see the new Hitch. The old version probably would keep any vet not in a wheelchair.

It does seem like speed is the watchword here, and Smith has more than Cracknell, IMHO.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Not quite sure why we're keeping Pateryn around though . Hope he gets waived when we clear up the 8D .

LoneStarHockey

Sep 19, 2011
Texas
Hitchcock is switching up the defense. Looks like Methot will be with Klingberg on the top pair.

This is how the other pairings looked:

Lindell - Honka
Hamhuis - Johns
Oleksiak - Pateryn

Magic Mittens

Nov 2, 2006
Calgary
Guess it's better then sitting in the press box, but he deserves to be playing over Oleksaik

Hopefully Oleksaik is sitting when John's comes back

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Hopefully just a short stint to give him some confidence , like they did with Lindell last year , before playing him hopefully the rest of the year at the NHL . Not confident in that though ...

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
There’s a piece on the main Stars site where I believe Nill is quoted as to saying Honka needs to take the next step and that he’ll need to accomplish that in the AHL. They especially mentioned being better in defensive zone as they didn’t think he was good there during his NHL tenure these past few weeks. Weird, as I didn’t really see him standout negatively in his own zone. Not when supposed defensive juggernaut Oleksiak continuesly makes boneheaded plays. Honka needed to gain some confidence as well but the article makes it seem he will be playing in the AHL for quite some time, if there are no injuries ofcourse.

Dickinson called up as well. He’s been on a little offensive tear. Hanzal will miss the game vs Winnipeg, though I didn’t even notice his absence vs Vancouver, honestly.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
There’s a piece on the main Stars site where I believe Nill is quoted as to saying Honka needs to take the next step and that he’ll need to accomplish that in the AHL. They especially mentioned being better in defensive zone as they didn’t think he was good there during his NHL tenure these past few weeks. Weird, as I didn’t really see him standout negatively in his own zone. Not when supposed defensive juggernaut Oleksiak continuesly makes boneheaded plays. Honka needed to gain some confidence as well but the article makes it seem he will be playing in the AHL for quite some time, if there are no injuries ofcourse.

Dickinson called up as well. He’s been on a little offensive tear. Hanzal will miss the game vs Winnipeg, though I didn’t even notice his absence vs Vancouver, honestly.

On the PK you saw his absense a bit . It wasn't as good ( still good ) but other than PK yeah Hanzal hasn't done anything.

Dickinson has been on a scoring tear in the AHL so hopefully he can continue this and help the big team.

Last edited:

Magic Mittens

Nov 2, 2006
Calgary
Honka's been recalled, whether he plays is anyone's guess right now

Also Lehtonen has left the team due to personal reasons. Mckenna has been called up

Arkham32

Nov 9, 2012
Methot out 4-6 weeks with a knee injury, hopefully Hitchcock finally lets Honka play regularly and let him adjust to the NHL with Methot being out for so long. I don't think I can take another month of Oleksiak Peteryn playing in every game.

Arkham32

Nov 9, 2012
At this point i would rather just trade Honka for forward depth player of a similar level. Hitchcock is just destroying his confidence and if this continues for the rest of the year his development is going to take a huge hit.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad