Post-Game Talk: 2016-01-15: Hawks versus Leafs

Status
Not open for further replies.

colchar

Apr 26, 2012
I think if the hockey Gods can give us half the luck of the Oilers (just 1 1st overall sometime please for Matthews) added to Marner/Rielly/Nylander and find us a top RHD, we are more than on our way.
But we have to catch a break. Like really.

The Oilers have had more first overall picks the last few years than the Leafs, Rangers, and Hawks do in their combined histories.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
The Oilers have had more first overall picks the last few years than the Leafs, Rangers, and Hawks do in their combined histories.

Yeah and if the Pens miss the playoffs and win the lottery after we gave those clowns Kessel to draft their 4th franchise center since 84, I will rip their building down piece by piece. A draft pick we've been waiting for since 30 years.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Yes, and about those games in hand and only being 8 points and 5 teams out of a playoffs spot?

Can't argue the Leafs are competitive ... for the 1st. overall pick.

We're competitive...not to pat myself on the back but I literally said losing JVR was the proverbial nail in the coffin. Team that struggles to score lost one of their 2-3 legit top 6 players.

Komarov is banged up but playing through it, it's easy to see a losing stretch coming up.

If we lose tomorrow, how hard is it to envision a 1-2 guys moved as soon as next week?

HarrisonFord

President of the Drew Doughty Fan Club
Jul 20, 2011
Toronto
Only saw the third period. Rielly was amazing. Leivo is an NHL player. I think he sticks this time. That pass to Boyes on the power play was actually really impressive

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
In the end....this is just how it goes. Outclassed and thus crushed utterly.

That's the long road ahead though. To catch up to a franchise like this and get our own success.

Just need some damn luck and good drafting. Come on Leafs, just get there somehow.

HarrisonFord

President of the Drew Doughty Fan Club
Jul 20, 2011
Toronto
In the end....this is just how it goes. Outclassed and thus crushed utterly.

That's the long road ahead though. To catch up to a franchise like this and get our own success.

Just need some damn luck and good drafting. Come on Leafs, just get there somehow.

That's the thing. The way this team is constructed, if we outwork a team that's better than us, we can still win. Honestly, Chicago brought it tonight and we still kept it close. If we didn't have that penalty trouble, and if Darling doesn't rob Boyes after Leivo passes it to him on the PP, it's not completely unreasonable to think we could have taken this to OT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad