Post-Game Talk: 2016-01-15: Hawks versus Leafs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ovate

Dec 17, 2014
Toronto
Grabner continues to be absolute ****. Makes everyone he plays with look worse. Can't wait for him to be traded or moved off the Kadri-Komarov line.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Most importantly being able to part with very, very good second tier players when the time comes the way the Hawks have.

well that's what i mean

like not all of it is amature scouting. a lot has to do with pro scouting and being able to see what they have + who they have to give up and fill it up with college/unsigned/UFA..

we've got the cap guy
we've got analytics.
i trust hunter for the am

i don't know if he's also in charge of pro scouting too. I know what's his face the one we hated before umm. geeze I can't remember for the life of him.

honestly... Chicago makes me so jealous.

garce

Mar 20, 2010
Too close to Ottawa and Montreal
well that's what i mean

like not all of it is amature scouting. a lot has to do with pro scouting and being able to see what they have + who they have to give up and fill it up with college/unsigned/UFA..

we've got the cap guy
we've got analytics.
i trust hunter for the am

i don't know if he's also in charge of pro scouting too. I know what's his face the one we hated before umm. geeze I can't remember for the life of him.

honestly... Chicago makes me so jealous.

That's the model, they have moved out a all star team, now that Kane and Toews deals have kicked in we will see how sustainable it is.

teeder333*

Oct 22, 2014
MLSE is in great hands now. Come on. Outstanding hands. Poor Babcock has to coach these guys till we are great... I guess he wanted out of Detroit to get his hands on this team, and JVR going down gave tank nation extreme hope.

budzz

History is just that.
Jan 26, 2015
Starts with a sound no-nonsense organizational structure, give Chicago credit, they built the old fashioned way with a few gold picks yes, very good old-school scouting, add the Bowman touch (do not under-estimate this, Scotty's respect is legendary, ripples deep)

For the first time in 15 years (been a fan for over 40, have the babypics with a Leafs jersey to prove it lol), I am confident we are on the right track with a VERY competent Management team top to bottom, VERY real high end talent in the pipeline, and a Top-to-bottom hunger to get better.

This singular game on Jan 15, 2016 means little.

I am more hopeful than I've been in years. Respect is slowly earned. I am ok waiting another few years as long as everyone earns their spot the old fashioned way. So far so good.

Larcos_Unal

Excuses are for losers
Jul 6, 2007
Toronto
Wait, we're tanking again???

e8pgub.jpg

teeder333*

Oct 22, 2014
Starts with a sound no-nonsense organizational structure, give Chicago credit, they built the old fashioned way with a few gold picks yes, very good old-school scouting, add the Bowman touch (do not under-estimate this, Scotty's respect is legendary, ripples deep)

For the first time in 15 years (been a fan for over 40, have the babypics with a Leafs jersey to prove it lol), I am confident we are on the right track with a VERY competent Management team top to bottom, VERY real high end talent in the pipeline, and a Top-to-bottom hunger to get better.

This singular game on Jan 15, 2016 means little.

I am more hopeful than I've been in years. Respect is slowly earned. I am ok waiting another few years as long as everyone earns their spot the old fashioned way. So far so good.

This and this... We should shut down every threat after this post, but hey, we have to keystrokeate...

hockeywiz542

May 26, 2008
Toronto Maple Leafs head coach Mike Babcock addresses the media following Toronto's 4-1 loss against Chicago on Friday night.

Pholus

May 23, 2014
That's the thing. The way this team is constructed, if we outwork a team that's better than us, we can still win. Honestly, Chicago brought it tonight and we still kept it close. If we didn't have that penalty trouble, and if Darling doesn't rob Boyes after Leivo passes it to him on the PP, it's not completely unreasonable to think we could have taken this to OT

Darling robbed a few Leafs tonight, the score could have been much closer. Although Reimer made some A+ saves too, so...

teeder333*

Oct 22, 2014
Babcock appears two years older already... Its a very tough job answering the medai in Toronto, and BABS failed miserably tonight. The vultures. finally got to him a bit.

First time.

HellasLEAF

'93 to Infinity
Sep 14, 2006
Babcock appears two years older already... Its a very tough job answering the medai in Toronto, and BABS failed miserably tonight. The vultures. finally got to him a bit.

First time.

I am failing to find anything wrong with that presser.

Seamed run of the mill to me no? Babs was honest, but didn't seam upset at any one question..

hfman

Oct 30, 2013

First time.

didn't see it at all. Maybe you can provide a timestamp within that video where you think it's clear that Babcock is becoming flustered?

Ovate

Dec 17, 2014
Toronto
That's the model, they have moved out a all star team, now that Kane and Toews deals have kicked in we will see how sustainable it is.

The Panarin signing was incredibly key for them. If they had a guy like Bickell or Shaw on Kane's LW instead, I don't think he (and therefore the team) has nearly the level of success that they're seeing now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad