Pre-Game Talk: 2015 Stanley Cup Final: Bolts vs Hawks

Status
Not open for further replies.

committedindian86

Bedard SZN
Jun 7, 2010
Chicago, IL
It's hard not to pick the Bolts the way they have been playing. But it's equally hard to pick against the Hawks. It appears the Bolts fans on the main board favor their forwards, defense, and goalie over the Hawks.

I think the only edge they have is between the pipes. I'm confident the Hawks will win in 5 or 6.

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
I'm not sure I having any feeling how this series will go. So I'm probably not going to make a prediction. I will say I have the Hawks winning, of course. Just not sure how many games it'll take. The Lightning are a very good and skilled team, but I think the experience will be huge here for the Hawks, as it has been all playoffs so far. That said, wouldn't mind a Wild series Part 2 ;) I really hope Bickell and Sharp step it up, but that's just probably wishful thinking at this point.

Ace Rothstein

Aces High
Mar 13, 2012
It's hard not to pick the Bolts the way they have been playing. But it's equally hard to pick against the Hawks. It appears the Bolts fans on the main board favor their forwards, defense, and goalie over the Hawks.

The fans of every team the Hawks have played in the playoffs has favored their forwards, defense and goalie over the Hawks.

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
I'm not sure I having any feeling how this series will go. So I'm probably not going to make a prediction. I will say I have the Hawks winning, of course. Just not sure how many games it'll take. The Lightning are a very good and skilled team, but I think the experience will be huge here for the Hawks, as it has been all playoffs so far. That said, wouldn't mind a Wild series Part 2 ;) I really hope Bickell and Sharp step it up, but that's just probably wishful thinking at this point.

Sharp was fine in game 7.

Love to see another nice rest for the boys as well. The schedule has worked well for us, playing essentially 4 dmen.

Duke33

Oct 9, 2009
Houston, TX
The fans of every team the Hawks have played in the playoffs has favored their forwards, defense and goalie over the Hawks.

This. Or their speed or hitting, etc. I had a knowledgeable TB fan last night on the main boards tell me that since TB "dominated" the Hawks in the regular season (never mind the facts only two games were played between the teams and the Lightning only won one of the two games (he said they won both lol)) that the series would be over quickly in Tampa's favor.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Anyone planning on going to a game? I want to go to a game in Tampa but it's so ****ing expensive, I'm sure it's even worse in Chicago.

I have season tickets but going off the money that people played last year I doubt I will be flying in for a game.

OhCaptainMyCaptain

May 5, 2014
Earth
Sharp was fine in game 7.

Love to see another nice rest for the boys as well. The schedule has worked well for us, playing essentially 4 dmen.

Yeah but he just went a 7 game series without scoring a goal. That's pretty sad for a man of his status. And he's also losing some trade value while he's at it. That said, makes me at more of an ease when he leaves, because obviously the Hawks don't need him that much or they wouldn't be where they are. So there is negatives and positives of his play, though I'd like to see him finish this off strong with a great SCF.

Bring Back GLR

Commit to the Indian
Nov 8, 2006
Blackhawkville
Hawks win this in 6 games. Tampa has a very good team but at this stage the Hawks are so seasoned and on an absolute mission.

It should be a wide open series with lots free wheeling and chances. Maybe Sharp and Bickell can capture their scoring touch and go out like lions instead of lambs.

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
Yeah but he just went a 7 game series without scoring a goal. That's pretty sad for a man of his status. And he's also losing some trade value while he's at it. That said, makes me at more of an ease when he leaves, because obviously the Hawks don't need him that much or they wouldn't be where they are. So there is negatives and positives of his play, though I'd like to see him finish this off strong with a great SCF.

This team won't be losing much next year when they launch Bickell and Sharp. 10 million in cap space doing squat, actually Bickell did squat on the bench for most of Game 7.

Bring Back GLR

Commit to the Indian
Nov 8, 2006
Blackhawkville

Yeah Sharp is a Hawk playoff legend and its too bad he's lost his scoring touch. In our last two Cup Wins he's got 21 goals. So far he's got 9 in the last two playoffs. He's playing with Teuvo so he's got somebody that can get him the puck despite being on the 3rd line. Guy needs to score some goals in the finals, win a title and go out like a hero.

BrianE

Dec 29, 2014
WI

This

That 5goalgame poster....man o man that dude would never stop just like some of these Bolts posters now.

BrianE

Dec 29, 2014
WI
This team won't be losing much next year when they launch Bickell and Sharp. 10 million in cap space doing squat, actually Bickell did squat on the bench for most of Game 7.

Roger that! clearing space is on Stan's mind as we speak.

Jabroni

The People's Champ
Jun 1, 2008
I'm not a Hawks fan, but I've jumped on the bandwagon. Good luck! Let's Go Hawks! :yo:

I hope Kane turns Bishop inside out.

BrianE

Dec 29, 2014
WI
Hawks win this in 6 games. Tampa has a very good team but at this stage the Hawks are so seasoned and on an absolute mission.

It should be a wide open series with lots free wheeling and chances. Maybe Sharp and Bickell can capture their scoring touch and go out like lions instead of lambs.

If that's the case we are in tremendous shape, fit's our style of play similar to 80's Oilers. Kane & TT will be in their glory.

Hawks can play either way.

Bring Back GLR

Commit to the Indian
Nov 8, 2006
Blackhawkville
This

That 5goalgame poster....man o man that dude would never stop just like some of these Bolts posters now.

That dude was hilarious, I don't get these guys but I guess I was kinda like them back in late 08, 09 and 10 I just felt this team with this core group was on the cusp of something special and fans of teams like the Canucks and Sharks probably thought I was crazy cause we had been so bad for so long and I was just so confident that the Hawks were gonna be great and win championships before all these other teams that used to own us.

RedBaronIndian

Jul 9, 2010
So many landmines on the main boards: "Toews is modern day Messier", "Keith/Kane/Toews are the most clutch players", "Toews is more complete player than Federov ", "Toews is the best player in the world", "Keith wins Conn-Smythe" and many more. Most started by non Blackhawks' fans and so much wtf going on those threads. Don't want to touch any of them with a 10 foot pole until the playoffs are over. Just feels like bad juju.

Nothingman*

This

He was classic. But, like Spurgeon before him, the crow they are eating is keeping them silent.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Offense
Hawks = Bolts

Defense
Hawks > Bolts

Goaltending
Hawks > Bolts

Coaching
Hawks > Bolts

Special Teams
Bolts > Hawks

Hawks in 6

BobbyJet

The accountability era?
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can

If Hawks let it get too wide open, goaltending will be in the spotlight. I'll just leave it at that other than say Hawks can't let TB free wheel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad