OT: 2015 Redskins Part II: Post-Draft Pre-Preseason Snoozefest (0-0-0)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
]

Anonymous comments suck, IMO, if you care enough to comment then put your name on it and stand by it. Anyway, there is one mystery HC who thinks what Gruden did in the DET game was personal against Griffin, or maybe Griffin, LiL Danny and Brother Bruce. I disagree, but considering the Russell report that LiL Danny thought Gruden was stealing money, maybe there is something to the personal angle. Regardless, more drama and less football once again with this team. Really getting old.

I think it has more to do with the fact that we need to know exactly what Griffin is. The guy needs to play those starts. IMO any coach who isn't testing the guy isn't doing his due diligence. Yet, as you said, the drama is there regardless because that's Redskins Football at this point.

Also, I would like to formally request that we make "Best QB in the league" this year's "I've got nothing left to prove."

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
In Keim's recent blog entry on Griffin, Keim summed up the situation perfectly with his last point:

This isn’t about personality or popularity. It’s about performance. If you want to keep the job, you have to consistently play at a certain level, or at least exhibit signs of getting to that point. If it’s true for 52 others, it should be true for all. We’re past the point of the investment and “needing to seeâ€. We’re at the point where you have to go by what you see.

http://espn.go.com/blog/washington-...ical-point-even-though-its-just-the-preseason

NewLife

Apr 29, 2011
Oslo
I don't get the people who are yelling about Griffin getting too much time against first string D in the preseason. Newsflash people, that is what he will face during the season. It is unavoidable.

I strongly suspect the bulk of the RG3 defenders left aren't the people who were waiting to see how he would advance with a healthy full offseason. They're the Tebow Cult type of fan.

Although he needs to get reps without getting killed. :sarcasm:

BobRouse

Mar 18, 2009
I'll say this...RGIII by all accounts is a very smart kid, he has a great arm and despite the knee injury he is still faster than 90% of the league.

I do see what others have said about the "drama" after getting hit. We all know of the "drama" that occurs when he speaks his mind (when he's not winning).

I do believe what Shanahan said and has said. Its going to take time.

It becomes problematic when he gets hurt so much.

The talent is just too immense to just move on at this point. We are going to be a bad team regardless this year so may as well ride the asset at QB who has the highest ceiling.

I do think both RGIII and/or Cousins have a chance to have an excellent career.

tycoonheart

Apr 7, 2010
How much more time does he need? This will be his 4th year. Some guys just don't have it. He was incredible in the system Kyle created for him - now, would that system have kept working as well as it did in 2012? Hard to say either way. But RG3 and his camp wanted to work under a normal NFL offense. He said he wanted to be a pocket passer. And he just does not have the pocket presence required to operate this offense.

Whats damning his is inability to read defense (Cooley and Schlereth both said this about that one delayed blitz play where he got rocked last game). I'm not sure he will somehow magically put it all together this year.

BobRouse

Mar 18, 2009
I just don't think he's a drop back qb just yet and may never be.

However if he went to a place that employs the use of the zone read, spread or hurry up he would thrive.

He'd kill it on the Eagles for example. That offense is meant for him.

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014

this is bad news. knee buckled and everything. dallas best defensive player according to media being carted off

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
From Mike Jones mailbag blog post on the WaPost some more insight on the 5th year option and Griffin's "leash":

Yes, all $16 million would count against the cap if Griffin suffered a serious injury and wasn’t able to pass a physical at the start of the 2016 league year because he was still rehabbing. Because of that, multiple people close to the franchise believe that Griffin will be on a short leash this season. If he’s performing poorly, taking unnecessary sacks, putting himself at risk of injury and losing games, then he’ll get the hook, they believe. A cap hit of $16 million for a guy who’s not the answer at quarterback – and if seriously injured, may never play again – is too hefty to absorb. The question is how long will Griffin have to exhibit that type of poor play before he gets the hook? It’s hard to say. Some of those same people with ties to the team believe the quarterback will get four games. It’s really a question of how much Snyder and Allen need to see before coming around to everyone else’s point of view. Could be longer.

Confirmation that LiL Danny and Brother Bruce are calling the shots when it comes to Griffin playing. Also, 4 games is what Griffin gets, if he lasts that long.

More stuff here:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...obert-griffin-iii/?postshare=7851440521218872

BobRouse

Mar 18, 2009
From Mike Jones mailbag blog post on the WaPost some more insight on the 5th year option and Griffin's "leash":

Confirmation that LiL Danny and Brother Bruce are calling the shots when it comes to Griffin playing. Also, 4 games is what Griffin gets, if he lasts that long.

More stuff here:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...obert-griffin-iii/?postshare=7851440521218872

How does that explain how Dan, Bruce and Jay voted to bring Cooley back in yet they were rebuked?

I think SM calls the shots and has the final say in this situation.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train

More stuff here:

Interesting. 4 games was my own threshold for whether I'd go from merely giving up on the guy to boiling up some tar and plucking chickens.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
How does that explain how Dan, Bruce and Jay voted to bring Cooley back in yet they were rebuked?

I think SM calls the shots and has the final say in this situation.

You really need an explanation on how the 2 situations are different?

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Week 3 of the preseason is a critical moment for RGIII and the Redskins. We're pathetic. I don't think I've seen a Redskins team this dysfunctional before the regular season has even started.

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany
Week 3 of the preseason is a critical moment for RGIII and the Redskins. We're pathetic. I don't think I've seen a Redskins team this dysfunctional before the regular season has even started.

Yeah this team is a complete mess, I don't see them winning 5 games. Problem is there is no road map to improve from a 3-4 win team.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007

I don't know...that year that there was all the Haynesworth drama was pretty bad. If you're talking about the preseason performance, I can't recall the last time they looked this shabby this early.

Yeah this team is a complete mess, I don't see them winning 5 games. Problem is there is no road map to improve from a 3-4 win team.

Smac has the roadmap, it's just a question of whether or not he's making the correct moves. Build from the 0-line out and get "character guys who love to compete and play the game" is usually a first step in changing the makeup of the team on and off the field. He's doing that. But was Scherff the guy at #5? Big question mark.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Oh, and I heard a perfect description of Gruden's pressers on 980 yesterday: "hostage video".

Yup. Spot on.

BobRouse

Mar 18, 2009
You really need an explanation on how the 2 situations are different?

So Scot only has final say in some matters but not all?

Have you considered that maybe SM knows what he's doing? That SM knows we are going to suck this year anyhow (he practically said it) and is just using the year for evaluation purposes and came up with this "plan" (Which is logical if you ask me)?

Give RGIII a few games to see him some more and hope he improves. If there is a threat of injury and he is doing poorly pull him out at some point into the season.

SM has tons of street cred and has said he has final say in all personnel decisions. Maybe he arrived at the same conclusion as the rest of the decision makers?

Thats what it seems like to me as opposed to Dan and Bruce overriding SM which is what you are implying.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Who bows out to injury first, Jordan Reed or RG3?

Flip a coin, Vegas has them even steven.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad