OT: 2015 Redskins Part II: Post-Draft Pre-Preseason Snoozefest (0-0-0)

Status
Not open for further replies.

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
49ers have traded TE Derek Carrier to Washington for a fifth-round pick, a trade @mattbarrows suggested was in the works. TE help for Wash.

Per Schefter

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
It's almost getting awkward watching RG3.

It's like watching a forechecker Rupp bearing down on Mike Green in 2010. Or a #1 goalie that gives up soft goals and gets injured making saves. Nothing ever looks polished that RG3 does. He does 360s in the pocket, never steps up nor slides sideways.

Gruden is in way over his head still. Sure RG3 is not his guy but then suck it up and stop pretending he is, and use him to his strengths. 4 wide up tempo is a fine starting point, but Gruden would rather run his playbook and fail, versus alter it and have a chance at eeking into the playoffs. We dont have any TEs anyways. He finally got some decent coaches, but he is still running his Cincy playbook blindly because you know, Dalton.

I still say Gruden had a worse year than RG3. No QB coach, a nobody OC, retained Haslett, and reinforced a 3 headed monster at QB was best for us. It was the Tusker Challenge.

When you have 2 QBs, you have none. We have 3.

We go back and forth on this a lot, but come on already. Do you seriously think Gruden is purposely making Griffin run an offense Griffin doesn't have the mental capacity to run? For the same reason Gruden said there would be an open competition for the #1 QB spot after last season, then all of a sudden names Griffin the starter at the combine, there are forces over top Gruden dictating not only that Griffin start, but that Gruden do all he can to make Griffin a pocket passer.

If it was as simple as running an offense that suits Griffin there never would of been the Griffin caused drama at the end of '12 and the Shanahans probably would still be in DC. But that didn't happen. Griffin#3 and Griffin#2 have visions of Aaron Rogers dancing in their heads. And LiL Danny and Brother Bruce are doing all they can to make that happen.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Panel on NFL Network thinks RG needs to be traded ASAFP

They're probably not wrong.

Peep this:

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/art-briles--lie-puts-his-future-at-baylor-in-doubt-203410911.html

RG3's old coach at Baylor is in trouble. May lose his job. See where I'm going with this? Briles makes the jump the NFL, RG3 follows him. The question then becomes, where? Does Snyder pay to make Gruden go away, then throw MORE money at RG3 and Briles? Is Snyder's obsession with RG3 so deep that that's even possible, over the likely objections of Smac?

I'd say this scenario is so messed up, it jumps from highly improbable to very likely simply because the Redskins are involved.

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014

well at least some good news. this should put the cooley talks to bed (the number carrier got is cooleys old number)

BobRouse

Mar 18, 2009
His contract is hard to deal ATM. What is it, 16m? Who has that cap space?

Forget returns....my guess is he will just leave as an FA. Oh, what might have been.

I think that is NEXT year right?

This year he is on the final deal of his rookie deal so its not too bad.

Regardless we wouldn't get much at this point. Him and Gruden don't mix. Being a pocket passer and RGIII don't mix (despite what him and his dad believe)

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia
I can't get over how bat****-insane loyal Washington sports fans are to individual players on losing teams.

Griffin, Semin, Green, Storen, etc.

The player is always the victim of the evil coach who has it out for them. It's not that they just suck.

And you wonder why this town doesn't have a Championship in almost 30 years.

Sep 19, 2008
So the Grantland NFL podcast with Robert Mays and Bill Barnwell thinks the Redskins D will be "much improved" this year and as I was driving back from Harrisburg, PA listening to these guys and their NFC East preview I was yelling at my dashboard

- They think Eli Manning subbed in for RG3 would lead the Redskins to the playoffs, which is not disputable. They think the Redskins have a solid surrounding of receivers and they think the defense is much improved.

- On to that, they said that Goldson and Meriweather were pretty much equivalent, then they go on and say that they made a lot of defensive changes and that the defense "won't be as bad" as last year, perhaps an improvement from 26th to 15th and that was what riled me up. I don't see any sign that this defense will be any better this year. We did make improvements, we did get Culliver and we did get Galette who for all accounts and purposes is solid on the field but trash off it (and even that is disputable given the dropped charges). But I don't know if the secondary is good enough to start in this league. Culliver is good and Breeland can hopefully get better. Safety unknown. Goldson is meh and they've pretty much been inconsistent at free safety for years now.

- They predict 7 (later rounded down to 6) wins for this team which does seem a bit much as I project them around 5 wins (tough AFC East schedule)

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
6 or 7 wins is only possible if there's no QB controversy/carousel. Every time RG3 is injured he becomes a disruptive force, usually via his typical passive-aggressive comments that undermine the coaching staff and fuel his rush to return as the starter ahead of schedule. And I don't see this team winning even 5 games with Griffin starting.

So IMO 6 or 7 wins is impossible unless RG3 is done for the year or off this team.

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
http://www.redskins.com/news-and-ev...th-Chart/a189f69a-b1a8-44ca-a95f-d5ab4ca1aafe

-- Acquired Friday in a trade with the San Francisco 49ers, Derek Carrier is now listed as the No. 2 tight end on the unofficial depth chart behind starter Jordan Reed. Carrier’s acquisition comes on the heels of season-ending injuries to former No. 1 tight end Niles Paul(ankle) and No. 3 tight end Logan Paulsen (toe). Listed behind Reed and Carrier are Je’Ron Hamm, Chase Dixon, D.J. Williams, Devin Mahina and Ernst Brun Jr.

DEFENSE:

-- After Adam Hayward’s season-ending right ACL injury suffered Thursday vs. the Detroit Lions, Terrance Plummer and Alonzo Highsmith (at No. 2 and 3 respectively) move up one spot each at the second middle linebacker spot where Perry Riley Jr. is the starter.

-- DaMon Cromartie-Smith, who was listed as the third cornerback at the CB2 position, has been shifted to the fourth strong safety, behind Duke Ihenacho, Jeron Johnson and Akeem Davis. Deshazor Everett, who was listed as the fourth player at CB1, moves into Cromartie-Smith's place as the third player at CB2. This means CB1 is now as follows: DeAngelo Hall, Bashaud Breeland, Justin Rogers, Trey Wolfe and Quinton Dunbar. CB2 is now: Chris Culliver, David Amerson, Deshazor Everett, Tajh Hasson, Bryan McCann and DreQuan Hoskey.

SPECIAL TEAMS:

-- Chris Thompson is now listed as the No. 1 kickoff returner, ahead of Andre Roberts (No. 2) and Jamison Crowder (No. 3).

updated depth chart for anyone who cares during preseason

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
I can't get over how bat****-insane loyal Washington sports fans are to individual players on losing teams.

Griffin, Semin, Green, Storen, etc.

The player is always the victim of the evil coach who has it out for them. It's not that they just suck.

And you wonder why this town doesn't have a Championship in almost 30 years.

Blaming loyal (to a fault) fans for a championship drought. Bold strategy, Cotton.

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014

with so many teams having numerous injuries to top guys, you think they start up talks about making preseason shorter again?

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
For who? RG3?

His defenders are going to find out real ****ing quick how horrid he is wherever he goes.

Of course there are still Ramsey and Campbell apologists. Lol.

I was about to ask who the hell is still defending him at this point but then I remembered the callers who are holding Gruden responsible.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
what in the world? no way no way no way on earth he comes back that fast from a concussion. i dont care if its a small one, thats way to fast

Maybe he didn't have a concussion at all. There is talk his "minor concussion" was simply a ploy by the team to keep Griffin from being available to the media after the game.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...iagnosis-a-convenient-way-to-dodge-the-media/

The NFL mandates that all players be made available after all games, including the pre-season.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
Of course there are still Ramsey and Campbell apologists. Lol.

No Ramsey apologist, but the kid had potential. To bad he was beaten into a pulp both mentally and physically by The OBC's college offense before Gibbs showed up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->