2015 QMJHL Draft

sjq

Sep 16, 2008
Saint John, NB
Hockey Canada is now reconsidering Veleno's request based solely on if he is as good as the other 16 year olds in this years draft and ignoring the deadline date.

scotian1

Dec 19, 2011
Kingston, N.S.
Not official but from the Saint John board: 1/3 Philippe Lecavalier met fin aux rumeurs, Hockey Canada ne reconsidère pas sa décision dans le dossier Joseph Veleno

Philippe Lecavalier ends the rumors, Hockey Canada does not reconsider its decision in the case Joseph Veleno

.Steve Turcotte is reporting on twitter that Veleno will not be granted exceptional status.

jabes

Jul 3, 2013
Halifax, NS
Sounds like SJ leaning towards Bowers. From the herald today http://thechronicleherald.ca/sports/1290386-bowers-a-no.-1-candidate-in-qmjhl-draft

Darrell Young's view:

“One of his strengths is he plays the whole 200 feet of the rink,†said Saint John general manager Darrell Young, who is from Halifax. “You know what you’re going to get. He’s a warrior, he’s got skill, he’s got speed and I know him personally because I coached him in lacrosse. I also scouted him with the Nova Scotia prospects program so I know his character and it’s outstanding.

“With Comtois you’re going to get a big, high-scoring left-winger. He’s a goal scorer and he’s got a little bit of a chip on his shoulder. Morand is a highly skilled guy. In a lot of ways, he’s a (Jonathan) Drouin-type of player; not quite as dynamic but in that category where he’s a smaller guy who has very good vision, very good speed and he makes the guys around him better. So youâ€ve got three really good options.â€

jabes

Jul 3, 2013
Halifax, NS
ACtually, based on those comments it sounds almost like a sure thing that Bowers goes 1st to SJ. Can't see them trading pick either.

jabes

Jul 3, 2013
Halifax, NS
I think SJ better suited to use their other two firsts on a goalie and then another skater. They have no 2nd rd pick so they'll need those firsts if they want a quality goalie of future.

edguy

Feb 5, 2014
Charlottetown, PEI
We released our mock draft for the Q draft this morning http://t.co/H5ufi6JqPe

Pretty sure draft order will change often before the draft saturday with the trade period opening tomorrow.

Personally hope The Islanders would take Chainey over D'orio at #5.. if we do draft D'Orio he'll just be dealt at the deadline for imediate help I feel.

But all in all I like this mock. Pretty excited for Saturday!

edguy

Feb 5, 2014
Charlottetown, PEI
Palov tweeted that the Dogs will take Veleno.. Interesting choice! Does that make Bowers #2 to Bathurst? Does Bowers report to Bathurst if taken?

Plastic Joseph

Unregistered User
Mar 21, 2014
Palov tweeted that the Dogs will take Veleno.. Interesting choice! Does that make Bowers #2 to Bathurst? Does Bowers report to Bathurst if taken?

Bathurst is apparently leaning toward Morand at #2 as he is supposedly going to report anywhere.

Plastic Joseph

Unregistered User
Mar 21, 2014
If this is true I can't see bowers going to Victo which makes him #4 to CB.. which would scare me as an Islanders fan.. haha

I think he ends up #4 at CB also if SJ doesn't trade Victo for #3. They do have #9 and #10 overall to dangle.

CrazyPucker27

Jun 25, 2012
Charlottetown
I agree the possibility is very real for SJ to move up.. But bowers to CB would make them easily best in the league
You do realize that most 16 year old players, drafted high or not, don't have a lot of success in their first years in the league and definitely aren't key pieces in contending years. Other than Dubois, I can't think of one name from last year's draft that legitimately stood out as helping their team win night in and night out

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad