Prospect Info: 2015 NHL Draft Prospect Discussion - At the Halfway Mark of the Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bullseye

Jun 14, 2012
Niagara
In order based on players in tonight's game only:

McDavid
Marner
Konecny
Merkley
Meier
Strome
Svechnikov
Provorov
Roy
Carlo
Dunn
Meloche
Chabot

sniper81

Oct 30, 2009
toronto
Nice to see some posters come out from the woodworks and talk crap in the previous thread, always entertaining!

Lil Tuzzi Bert

Slaw Bunnies
Jul 14, 2009
TVA
Idk thought Strome looked like an awkward skater, not very fast and uninterested. Hope it was just this game. Really impressed by Marner, Konecny, Provorov and Chlapik.

Leaf Rocket

Leaf Fan Till I Die
Dec 10, 2007
Toronto/Fredericton
Idk thought Strome looked like an awkward skater, not very fast and uninterested. Hope it was just this game. Really impressed by Marner, Konecny, Provorov and Chlapik.

Strome's skating has been his weakest thing since well he's been playing hockey. However you can teach skating, and defense, skill wise not so much. Lupul also was a terrible skater in his draft year when he came from the Medicine hats but he has made quite a bit of stride, same goes for JVR.

Leafin

Apr 2, 2009
I was a bit underwhelmed by Strome tonight, but nothing to write the guy off after 1 game.

Skating looked Antropov-esque.

Green Snow Storm

Jul 22, 2009
Canada
Barzal likely playing tomorrow night. Excited to see if he can make a run and solidify himself as a top ten pick.

Last edited:

TheLeastOfTheBunch

Franchise Centre
Jun 28, 2007
Toronto
Trade for another top 15 pick and grab Provorov

Brown and McKegg were below average skaters (at best) when they were drafted, but they look a lot better now under the tutelage of Underhill. I'm sure she can do wonders for Strome as well

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
I am not as high on Dylan Strome as some. I think it's more of him being on Erie with McDavid.

ToneBone03

Trust the Shanaplan
Dec 11, 2008
Central Newfoundland
Would Theo Fleury be a good comparison for Konecny? Undersized sparkplug with incredible offensive skill. Obviously not as small as Fleury is but it was kinda who he reminded me of.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
Strome had a strong game for Team Cherry and was that side's player of the game. McDavid won the side bet of dinner, and most importantly to Strome, the game.

"I'd much rather win the game and not get that award," Strome said. "I'd much rather be hoisting that trophy right now than getting whatever prize I got."

http://www.tsn.ca/67-s-forward-kone...eam-cherry-at-chl-top-prospects-game-1.189658

Player of the game for his team ... maybe they didn't see skating in this game as a problem.

Not impressed with personal achievement more a team guy? I think the Leafs could use that!

Last edited:

TheMadHatTrick

Nov 2, 2008
I really hope the Leafs can pick up at least an extra first rounder. In addition to one of the centers that have been discussed I really love Ivan Provorov and Timo Meier.

Provorov looks like a stud. A potential top pairing D-Man who can do it all. I'll probably get flamed for saying this, but I like him better than Rielly at the same stage.

Meier is the kind of do it all forward we don't really have. We have guys who can score, guys who have grit, guys who are solid defensively but we don't really have a guy who checks all the boxes. Meier would be a great compliment to any of our skilled players whether it be Kadri, Nylander, Brown, or Leivo.

Drew311

Makes The Pass
Oct 29, 2010
Trade for another top 15 pick and grab Provorov

Brown and McKegg were below average skaters (at best) when they were drafted, but they look a lot better now under the tutelage of Underhill. I'm sure she can do wonders for Strome as well

Provorov is a beast. I'm predicting he'll be the top d-man from his draft in 3 - 5 years.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011

Green Snow Storm

Jul 22, 2009
Canada
I really hope the Leafs can pick up at least an extra first rounder. In addition to one of the centers that have been discussed I really love Ivan Provorov and Timo Meier.

Provorov looks like a stud. A potential top pairing D-Man who can do it all. I'll probably get flamed for saying this, but I like him better than Rielly at the same stage.

Meier is the kind of do it all forward we don't really have. We have guys who can score, guys who have grit, guys who are solid defensively but we don't really have a guy who checks all the boxes. Meier would be a great compliment to any of our skilled players whether it be Kadri, Nylander, Brown, or Leivo.
Yeah I don't know if he's necessarily better than Rielly at the same stage, but I think he's definitely more well rounded than Rielly. Rielly is more dynamic, while Provorov is just an all around stud.

I haven't seen nearly any of Werenski outside the WJC or Kylington for that matter, but if they're better prospects than Provorov I'm very intrigued.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad