2015 NHL Draft Discussion Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
You would think that if it was debunked they wouldn't continue to tweet it. I don't care either way. There's tons of speculation of what it could be and Bieska has to waive. I have a feeling that's how this whole thing got out to begin with.

The suspense of tomorrow is killing me in a good way. :)

I believe the Sharks did offer up something for Lack and will take Bieksa in order to get it done for a 2016 2nd. It's gotten out of hand.

Clarkington III

Rebuild? Refresh?
Aug 3, 2007
San Diego
Can anyone be so kind to provide a one line synopsis or NHL comparison for the 3-5 players we are likely to select at 9?

What is the difference between Werenski and Porovov?

What are the general skill sets of the forwards in range?

Yes, I'm being lazy but I also am looking for a summary based on those that have done some research.

Gilligans Island

Jul 2, 2006
SF/Bay Area
I believe the Sharks did offer up something for Lack and will take Bieksa in order to get it done for a 2016 2nd. It's gotten out of hand.

That does seem the most plausible.

Canucks need cap space as I gather. Haven't really looked at their situation much. It was reported earlier in the day that the Canucks asked Bieksa to waive.

Rumors also flying that the Sabres offered their 31st this year -much better than our 2016 2nd.

I could see the Canucks trying to kill 2 birds with one stone to justify trading Lack and freeing up cap space by dumping Bieksa on us. Otherwise, why wouldn't the Canucks just take the Sabres deal if that was the best one out there.

Clarkington III

Rebuild? Refresh?
Aug 3, 2007
San Diego
That does seem the most plausible.

Canucks need cap space as I gather. Haven't really looked at their situation much. It was reported earlier in the day that the Canucks asked Bieksa to waive.

Rumors also flying that the Sabres offered their 31st this year -much better than our 2016 2nd.

I could see the Canucks trying to kill 2 birds with one stone to justify trading Lack and freeing up cap space by dumping Bieksa on us. Otherwise, why wouldn't the Canucks just take the Sabres deal if that was the best one out there.

For those freaking out and ready to fire DW, I'm pretty sure we will receive an asset if Bieska comes to SJ.

By that I mean the trade will lean towards SJ.

SactoShark

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
May 1, 2009
Sacramento
Can anyone be so kind to provide a one line synopsis or NHL comparison for the 3-5 players we are likely to select at 9?

What is the difference between Werenski and Porovov?

What are the general skill sets of the forwards in range?

Yes, I'm being lazy but I also am looking for a summary based on those that have done some research.

Werenski, Zacha, Crouse, Rantanen, Barzal, Connor, Meier. Probably close to that order, give or take a bit.

Provorov won't be available. He's the trendiest pick out there now. Threatening top 5 status. I'm not smart enough to give you s one liner about them all, but there's loads of info in this thread, and this is pretty helpful too: http://www.tsn.ca/mckenzie-s-final-ranking-mcdavid-eichel-and-1.300634

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Great Britain vs Finland
    Great Britain vs Finland
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $400.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Kazakhstan vs Slovakia
    Kazakhstan vs Slovakia