2015 NHL Draft Discussion Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Le Rosbeef

Jul 27, 2007
If I'm Wilson, I strongly consider trading some of next year's picks for additional pick(s) in the 60-100 range this year, if this draft is as good as it seems on paper.

T0uGh C0oki3

Goodbye Jumbo Joe
Dec 19, 2014
If I'm Wilson, I strongly consider trading some of next year's picks for additional pick(s) in the 60-100 range this year, if this draft is as good as it seems on paper.
IIRC, next year's 2nd round is deeper than this year's 2nd round.

Le Rosbeef

Jul 27, 2007
IIRC, next year's 2nd round is deeper than this year's 2nd round.

Oh, really?

That's encouraging.

I certainly like the look of what's available this year in that 60-100 range. To me it looks like there's a lot of '2nd round type guys' that could drop into that zone. It only takes one guy to be ranked on our list in the top 40 to slip to 65 or so and that's where I'd be keen to add them!

sr228

Sep 16, 2007

I'm fine with DW trying to acquire additional top 90 picks but this draft isn't that kind of deep, at least in my opinion.

While the top of this draft is excellent I still don't see it being that much better than last years depth wise.

T0uGh C0oki3

Goodbye Jumbo Joe
Dec 19, 2014
How much of him did you watch this season?

I like him but I think he's a reach at 39.
Couple games, most of them are playoffs games.

Not saying we should or should not draft him at 39, but he is very underrated.

If the Sharks decide to move down in the 2nd round, he should be on their radar.

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
Couple games, most of them are playoffs games.

Not saying we should or should not draft him at 39, but he is very underrated.

If the Sharks decide to move down in the 2nd round, he should be on their radar.

He's pretty regularly ranked in the top 60, I don't think he's underrated.

He had a great 2nd half of the season but wasn't all that great last season and was just OK the first half of this season.

T0uGh C0oki3

Goodbye Jumbo Joe
Dec 19, 2014
how about Matt jurusik? decent numbers and always improving
Jurusik puts up great numbers, but he plays in the NAHL.
Teams seldom draft from this league. (Not saying the Sharks wouldn't, just unlikely)

Just by statistics,
Ryan Larkin, Cale Morris, Alexandar Georgiyev, Veini Vehviläinen are decent propspects.

Personally, I like Samuel Montembeault, Ken Appleby, Felix Sandström, Callum Booth a bit more than the others.

Le Rosbeef

Jul 27, 2007
Why no one is talking about Travis Dermott ? Very underrated.

I read this on TD. Only one perspective, but it seems encouraging nonetheless. Worth looking at!

T0uGh C0oki3 said:
Personally, I like Samuel Montembeault, Ken Appleby, Felix Sandström, Callum Booth a bit more than the others.

I was touting him here not that long ago as I thought he was eligible for free agency. As it is, he's a re-draft possibility.

Goalies make me laugh. He's just guided Oshawa to a Mem Cup and has been stellar all season. Yet he seems to get no love whatsoever. Try and find much touting him as a pro prospect - not a lot out there. Mostly praise for his play and season but not the next level and I don't understand it.

There must be a knock but I can't find it unless he's the beneficiary of the system and just plays behind a very good team?

I'd be well up for drafting this kid.

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
I read this on TD. Only one perspective, but it seems encouraging nonetheless. Worth looking at!

I was touting him here not that long ago as I thought he was eligible for free agency. As it is, he's a re-draft possibility.

Goalies make me laugh. He's just guided Oshawa to a Mem Cup and has been stellar all season. Yet he seems to get no love whatsoever. Try and find much touting him as a pro prospect - not a lot out there. Mostly praise for his play and season but not the next level and I don't understand it.

There must be a knock but I can't find it unless he's the beneficiary of the system and just plays behind a very good team?

I'd be well up for drafting this kid.

My issue with Dermott is that he got to play a lot with McDavid or Strome this season and for a guy that's said to be an offensive d-man he didn't really produce all that much. Maybe he ends up being a steal but there are d-men ranked in the 30-60 range that I like more.

As for goalies, I'm sure you know they are extremely hard to project so unless they show high end tools starting at a young age they won't get much praise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad