2015 NHL Draft Cont. (UPD: Sharks stay @ 9th, Edmonton wins the lottery)

Status
Not open for further replies.

T0uGh C0oki3

Goodbye Jumbo Joe
Dec 19, 2014
I'm not sure what your point is but for being a 28th pick, he's great.

Again, I am not saying he is not talented.

For a 28th, he is pretty good. I am not disappointed that we drafted him.

I am just saying he is nice but nothing in his game stands out. (Not a knock on his talent.)

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
DW hasn't picked a NA in the 1st round since Coyle in 2010.

Yep, and I love it. :) Provorov or Zacha, please! More Euros!

Coyle is great, just not excellent tho.

If we're looking for the next Charlie Coyle, current Coyle not Coyle in his draft year, I think Christian Fischer is the name to look out for. Physical, well-rounded, plays a very David Backes game from the wing. Pretty decent offensive game too for what it's worth. Scored about the same PPG with the U18 that Larkin did last year and didn't play with Matthews at all and I don't think he played with White or Bracco much either. I see a very safe bet to be a Wingels sort of 3rd liner. Could go anywhere from 25 to 60.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
I wonder how Crouse does at the V02. I am thinking guys that big will probably be somewhere in the middle.

I don't really understand the VO2 that well. I mean, I think I know what it measures (oxygen uptake) but is it inherent or can it be trained for?

Also, for those who care, Pavel Zacha did an interview recently and mentioned us. It's probably just due diligence (on both sides; us doing all we can to vet him and him mentioning all the teams in range of picking him), but it's nice to see something. I'm getting hungry for the next few weeks where every team but us starts to give little tidbits about who they might like to draft.

http://eurolanche.com/article.php?id=6374

There is a big chance you will be drafted in the top 10 this year. Did you see a list of team that could potentially draft you? Do you have any favorites amongst them?
I checked teams that will pick players between the 5th and 12th place. There are teams I would like to play for. It doesn't matter at which place they will pick me. There are some super teams like for example New Jersey, Philadelphia, Colorado or San Jose. Great cities, great organizations. It is hard to choose anything specific. I would be happy, if some of these teams picked me.

I'm glad to see Colorado has big interest in him because I desperately don't want LA getting him.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
I don't really understand the VO2 that well. I mean, I think I know what it measures (oxygen uptake) but is it inherent or can it be trained for?

Also, for those who care, Pavel Zacha did an interview recently and mentioned us. It's probably just due diligence (on both sides; us doing all we can to vet him and him mentioning all the teams in range of picking him), but it's nice to see something. I'm getting hungry for the next few weeks where every team but us starts to give little tidbits about who they might like to draft.

http://eurolanche.com/article.php?id=6374

I'm glad to see Colorado has big interest in him because I desperately don't want LA getting him.

Yah. Him and Kopitar would be a freaking scary line. Two big bodies with so much skill.

I bough the FC guide and am going over that. They have Barzal at 9. I will be thrilled if that ends up being the case. They actually have Zacha at 15.

T0uGh C0oki3

Goodbye Jumbo Joe
Dec 19, 2014
Yah. Him and Kopitar would be a freaking scary line. Two big bodies with so much skill.

I bough the FC guide and am going over that. They have Barzal at 9. I will be thrilled if that ends up being the case. They actually have Zacha at 15.

Acquire a mid 1st-rounder (Somehow)

Pick Zacha / Merkley

Zacha - Barzal - Goldobin / Goldobin-Barzal-Merkley (or reunite the Rocket's line )

As Hertl puts it, this is dream :yo: :yo: :sarcasm:

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
Acquire a mid 1st-rounder (Somehow)

Pick Zacha / Merkley

Zacha - Barzal - Goldobin / Goldobin-Barzal-Merkley (or reunite the Rocket's line )

As Hertl puts it, this is dream :yo: :yo: :sarcasm:

I think this can be done without giving up too much. I think we could trade our 1st for next year +. The + could be Wingels/2nd 2016/prospect(s).

I would be ok trading any prospect with the exception of Chartier and Goldobin.

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
I think this can be done without giving up too much. I think we could trade our 1st for next year +. The + could be Wingels/2nd 2016/prospect(s).

I would be ok trading any prospect with the exception of Chartier and Goldobin.

I don't. Wingels, 2016 1st + a 2nd/prospect is kind of a lot to get another pick in the 16-20something range and I personally wound't do it.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
I don't. Wingels, 2016 1st + a 2nd/prospect is kind of a lot to get another pick in the 16-20something range and I personally wound't do it.

Sorry, I meant the + being one of Wingels/2016 2nd/Prospect. The fact that we have a high 1st rounder this year may let another team take a chance on our 1st rounder for next year and make that trade.

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
Sorry, I meant the + being one of Wingels/2016 2nd/Prospect. The fact that we have a high 1st rounder this year may let another team take a chance on our 1st rounder for next year and make that trade.

Ah, I still wouldn't do it & I doubt the Sharks place in the standings this year has much bearing on anything.

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
Whos the Setoguchi of this draft? Because I feel like we'll have a repeat of that draft.

Doubt it. It's been a long while since the Sharks drafted a "lots of tools but maybe no toolbox" player with effort issues in the top 60.

I wouldn't be surprised if Seto is why they started to shift what they value in prospects.

hockeey

Oct 28, 2014
CA
Whos the Setoguchi of this draft? Because I feel like we'll have a repeat of that draft.

Maybe Meier in that he'll be a pretty good player but not the same tier as those taken around him. I really don't think we can go wrong with Rantanen/Werenski/Connor/Zacha(a bit higher risk than the others)/Barzal(if he's still available)

Hell, I wouldn't be too pissed about Crouse either.

Sharksrule04

Jul 23, 2010
New York, NY
I wouldn't put too much stock into these rankings...

Yea Button's rankings are the equivalent of a rebelious teenager. He makes crazy rankings just to get hits/create conversation.

Konecny at 33? Sprong at 38? Zacha at 24?

Just for fun, lets say his rankings were right, I'd trade our first and both of next years 2nd's for late a late first and 3-4 more 2nds and walk away with Zacha (25), Konecny (33), Sprong (38), Kylington (47) and Juulsen (41). LOL

Imagine coming away with that from a draft?

Oh well, these rankings are a joke.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad