Rumor: 2015-2016 Season Trade Rumours & Proposals | Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uchiha

Jun 14, 2014
I have a feeling Murray will be dumb enough to give away our 1st for a crappy rental

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Something Murray, nor the Sens, have ever done, smart feeling.

Does a 1st for Campoli and Comrie count? What about two 2nds for Sutton and Cullen?

Murray loves wasting our assets on useless rentals. I expect our 1st to be off limits, but the rest of our picks/prospects should be fair game.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
The 1st was for Campoli+Comrie and they flipped Campoli for a 2nd a few years later. It was also the 26th pick, not a mid or early first.

If another team wants a first or second round pick from Murray at the deadline, they should just sign Mike Comrie. Pretty sure when Murray says Ottawa needs a top 6 forward, he's hoping Mike Comrie gets the hint that he wants him to come play in the NHL again so that he can trade for him.

Uchiha

Jun 14, 2014
The 1st was for Campoli+Comrie and they flipped Campoli for a 2nd a few years later. It was also the 26th pick, not a mid or early first.

If another team wants a first or second round pick from Murray at the deadline, they should just sign Mike Comrie. Pretty sure when Murray says Ottawa needs a top 6 forward, he's hoping Mike Comrie gets the hint that he wants him to come play in the NHL again so that he can trade for him.

Bad trade anyways. It was clear the team was garbage but he still traded out assets. That 1st turned out to be Kyle Palmarie who is having one heck of a year.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Does a 1st for Campoli and Comrie count? What about two 2nds for Sutton and Cullen?

Murray loves wasting our assets on useless rentals. I expect our 1st to be off limits, but the rest of our picks/prospects should be fair game.

Campoli wasn't a rental? He had a year left and was RFA...

I mean, it's fine if you didn't like the move, and while it's true we could have drafted ROR with that pick, it's far more likely we end up with one of the many busts or mediocre players drafted around that spot.

Value wise, that trade was fine, particularly when you account for the 2nd round pick we got for Campoli when done with him

As for the two late picks used for Sutton and Cullen, there were a couple gems left, but again the odds were stacked against anyone picking at that point.

Fans really like to overvalue picks. There is a huge difference between late 2nd round picks, and even late first round picks, and picks in the middle of the 1st.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Campoli wasn't a rental? He had a year left and was RFA...

I mean, it's fine if you didn't like the move, and while it's true we could have drafted ROR with that pick, it's far more likely we end up with one of the many busts or mediocre players drafted around that spot.

Value wise, that trade was fine, particularly when you account for the 2nd round pick we got for Campoli when done with him

As for the two late picks used for Sutton and Cullen, there were a couple gems left, but again the odds were stacked against anyone picking at that point.

Fans really like to overvalue picks. There is a huge difference between late 2nd round picks, and even late first round picks, and picks in the middle of the 1st.
Just more revisionist history ,to try and smear our gm with

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
Isn't Edler very inconsistent defensively? If true, doesn't seem like the type of dman we need.

Qward

Because! That's why!
Jul 23, 2010
Behind you, look out
What do you think it would take? I dont know Edler very much cuz i dont watch Vancouver. What type of D is he? and what type of role he could play with us?

Slightly more offensive version of Methot.

Would likely be paired with Karlsson for the Swedish connection, plus they played well together during the Olympics.

Edler/Karlsson
Methot/Ceci

I am okay with that moving forward.

Ship Wiercioch to Vancouver, Cowen to Calgary for picks and we are in better shape.

Viletho

Jan 20, 2015

Would likely be paired with Karlsson for the Swedish connection, plus they played well together during the Olympics.

Edler/Karlsson
Methot/Ceci

Ship Wiercioch to Vancouver, Cowen to Calgary for picks and we are in better shape.

That's surely an upgrade. Plus, the sens organisation is a good place for sweds since there is a lot who play for it.

Thank you btw

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012

Edler/Karlsson
Methot/Ceci

That's exactly what should be done.

The Wiercioch and Cowen experiment should officially be overwith.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
Didn't Karlsson play with Edler during the Olympics when he won best D?

(awaiting RKL response, haha)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad