Rumor: 2015-2016 Season Trade Rumours & Proposals | Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Well Karlsson did win a Norris with freaking Kuba as his partner. EK will mesh well with any competent top 4 defenseman. Trade for Edler and either play him with Karlsson or Ceci, it's a positive no matter how you look at it.

No because we will all be complaining about edler. And edler can't carry ceci. And methot can only play with karlsson. So. It's not win win. Plus lost assets

Uchiha

Jun 14, 2014
No because we will all be complaining about edler. And edler can't carry ceci. And methot can only play with karlsson. So. It's not win win. Plus lost assets

Edler - EK => Methot - Karlsson

Methot - Ceci > Cowen - Ceci

Edler - Ceci >>>>> Cowen/Wiercioch/Boro - Ceci

It is going to be a positive.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Got this off the main trade board.

Ryan + Cowen for Wideman(cap reasons) + Kylington/Hickey/Andersson(top 3 Dman prospects for us) + Klimchuk/Poirer/Janko(all 3 are former 1st round picks) + a 3rd(conditions? which turn it into a 2nd)
the conditions could either be on how many points he gets for us this year(during the season and playoffs) if he gets .8 PPG(4Pts/5GPs) or how far we make it in the playoffs?(WCFs it turns into a 2nd, if we make it to the Finals its a 1st)? fair value? which would Sens/Flames fans say on the value/conditions?

This would be part of a mini blow up rebuild with the thinking towards getting us a top 5 this year.

Ryan and Cowen to Calgary

Wideman
one of Kylington/Hickey/Andersson
one of Klimchuk/Poirier/Janko
+ conditional 2nd

We would only look at this if we want to concede we need to rebuild without Ryan we would be looking at a lower finish and a higher pick this year.

flame away

Uchiha

Jun 14, 2014
I'd rather keep Ryan than trade him for picks and prospects. If we are trading him I'll like a top 3 dman

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013

Ryan + Cowen for Wideman(cap reasons) + Kylington/Hickey/Andersson(top 3 Dman prospects for us) + Klimchuk/Poirer/Janko(all 3 are former 1st round picks) + a 3rd(conditions? which turn it into a 2nd)
the conditions could either be on how many points he gets for us this year(during the season and playoffs) if he gets .8 PPG(4Pts/5GPs) or how far we make it in the playoffs?(WCFs it turns into a 2nd, if we make it to the Finals its a 1st)? fair value? which would Sens/Flames fans say on the value/conditions?

This would be part of a mini blow up rebuild with the thinking towards getting us a top 5 this year.

Wideman
+ conditional 2nd

We would only look at this if we want to concede we need to rebuild without Ryan we would be looking at a lower finish and a higher pick this year.

flame away
We could do better for Ryan.

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes

Wideman
+ conditional 2nd

flame away

That does nothing but make the Sens a worse team now and going forward.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013

Wideman
+ conditional 2nd

flame away

Nope. Not trading Ryan.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
That does nothing but make the Sens a worse team now and going forward.

Worse now I agree which is part of the point. But worse later ... You would really need to have a good assessment of the players involved. Do you know any of them?

Some pretty High end talent being offered up.
We improve with Wideman over Cowen.
Kylington or Rasmus Andersson are both excellent prospects. Hickey you would know, not bad either.
as is at least Poirier and Klimchuk are good offensive players/prospects
+ a top 5 pick (possibly) this year as a result of getting worse
+ a conditional 2nd (that would be at least a 3rd)

Fills the cupboards. What would they need to add?

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Worse now I agree which is part of the point. But worse later ... You would really need to have a good assessment of the players involved. Do you know any of them?

Some pretty High end talent being offered up.
We improve with Wideman over Cowen.
Kylington or Rasmus Andersson are both excellent prospects. Hickey you would know, not bad either.
as is at least Poirier and Klimchuk are good offensive players/prospects
+ a top 5 pick (possibly) this year as a result of getting worse
+ a conditional 2nd (that would be at least a 3rd)

Fills the cupboards. What would they need to add?

Nothing, because this trade is not happening in the real world. Only in fantasy land.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
We don't need to restock the cupboard. Our need is specifically for 1 or 2 better players on our D and the courage from management to say goodbye to a few of our long time bottom six guys.

If anything we should be the ones giving up quantity for quality.

I'm quite pleased with our prospect pool given that we've graduated so many good players recently.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Isn't Edler very inconsistent defensively? If true, doesn't seem like the type of dman we need.

He's inconsistent but still a top pairing/excellent number 3 guy. He also is doing really well in advanced stats.

Also, I really believe change of scenario will rejuvenate him.

Of course not. Edler has been struggling in this league for almost 4 years now. His game is very similar to Wiercioch's. He's better than Wier but he's not the guy he was back when Vancouver was contending.

This is way too much hyperbole bro. Last year he was a very reliable, played toughest minutes defensively, lead their team in points as defender, 8 points on 2nd place. Very good advanced stats too, played like a number 1 D. This year he's playing not as good but still on pace for 35ish points playing not bad advanced stats relative to rest of team and toughest minutes on a reallyy bad Vancouver team.

Most importantly he is 2 way defender, not brilliant in either but above average in both with excellent mobility, can play tough minutes and a cannon of a shot on PP. That's exactly type of player we need. Best part is he has experience with Karlsson and they've played well together.

Real Smart Sens Fan

Jun 14, 2014

Wideman
+ conditional 2nd

flame away

I would be furious if we traded Ryan for that. I would do that deal for Cowen + Michalek. That's slight hyperbole but if we traded Ryan without returning a bluechip prospect, that would be brutal.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
We don't need to restock the cupboard. Our need is specifically for 1 or 2 better players on our D and the courage from management to say goodbye to a few of our long time bottom six guys.

If anything we should be the ones giving up quantity for quality.

I'm quite pleased with our prospect pool given that we've graduated so many good players recently.

We are not getting anywhere. We are falling behind. We are broken.
Getting better players on our current roster without giving up our good players or top prospects seems to be an evasive approach.

I sense we differ in our opinions of our current state.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
He did. But people who watch him play more regularly say he has his issues. And not what he used to be.

Elder has definitely been on a slow slide for a few seasons now (yes, before Torts took over in Van).

He looks like the prototypical guy who, once he changes teams, completely falls off a cliff. Especially on a team like Ottawa that doesn't have good overall support for the D.

Buyer beware for sure.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I would be furious if we traded Ryan for that. I would do that deal for Cowen + Michalek. That's slight hyperbole but if we traded Ryan without returning a bluechip prospect, that would be brutal.

Ok so Kylington/Andersson and Poirier are not bluechip prospects?

or are you thinking a someone like Bennett or Gaudreau.

What would Calgary need to add?

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
We'd have way too many players at the same developmental stage. We'd just end up having to trade a few or have them be wasted assets.

+ we lose out on a 60 point winger

Real Smart Sens Fan

Jun 14, 2014
Ok so Kylington/Andersson and Poirier are not bluechip prospects?

or are you thinking a someone like Bennett or Gaudreau.

What would Calgary need to add?

Sens passed on Andersson and Kylington 4 times at the draft. No, there is almost no way the Sens consider them bluechip prospects.

Poirer has shown nothing to suggest he is markedly better than Puempel, for example.

Wideman is an average or below average #4 D on a large contract. It's not that they need to add, its that I have literally no interest in any of them as a main piece in a Ryan trade.

The only guys from Calgary I'd have interest in if we're trading Ryan are Giordano, Brodie, Monahan, Gaudreau, or Bennett, and we wouldnt get any of those guys so I don't think it's worth discussing. They do not have a single piece in their organization besides those 5 guys who I would even consider as a centerpiece for a Ryan trade.

Actually, scratch that - Dougie Hamilton. But that's the only guy who makes any semblance of sense, and I doubt Calgary would trade him either.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Sens passed on Andersson and Kylington 4 times at the draft. No, there is almost no way the Sens consider them bluechip prospects.

Poirer has shown nothing to suggest he is markedly better than Puempel, for example.

Wideman is an average or below average #4 D on a large contract. It's not that they need to add, its that I have literally no interest in any of them as a main piece in a Ryan trade.

The only guys from Calgary I'd have interest in if we're trading Ryan are Giordano, Brodie, Monahan, Gaudreau, or Bennett, and we wouldnt get any of those guys so I don't think it's worth discussing. They do not have a single piece in their organization besides those 5 guys who I would even consider as a centerpiece for a Ryan trade.

Actually, scratch that - Dougie Hamilton. But that's the only guy who makes any semblance of sense, and I doubt Calgary would trade him either.

You are not looking for prospects in that case, but I accept that as a valid position

Real Smart Sens Fan

Jun 14, 2014
You are not looking for prospects in that case, but I accept that as a valid position

If we trade Ryan for prospects (who are not top 10/top 10 caliber guys) that would be the worst trade in Sens history, imo. We traded prospects for him, and 2/3 of those guys are still not making an impact in the NHL. One of them is a 30 point guy. And we're going to flip him back for even younger prospects? No thanks.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
If we trade Ryan for prospects (who are not top 10/top 10 caliber guys) that would be the worst trade in Sens history, imo. We traded prospects for him, and half of those guys are still not making an impact in the NHL. One of them is a 30 point guy. And we're going to flip him back for even younger prospects? No thanks.

This. We need to trade for guys that will have an impact on the Sens right now. Not guys that might have an impact on the Sens 4 or 5 years from now.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
We are not getting anywhere. We are falling behind. We are broken.
Getting better players on our current roster without giving up our good players or top prospects seems to be an evasive approach.

I sense we differ in our opinions of our current state.
I thought you were doing a what if scenario.

We aren't rebuilding now. Murray won't go out that way. I don't blame him for that. What we should be doing. Probably after this draft. Trade for one piece up front. And one piece on defence. Not huge deals. But another MacArthur type FA. And a methot type deal.

If ceci is our long term option then we are doing a disservice to him by not getting him help.

Tanking has been my favors course of action since 2011 but it's not going to happen. This is what we are.

If we aren't in the mix by trade deadline. Which we probably will be. But regardless. In the summer. I'm moving greening and michalek Cowen. That's ~ 10 mil off the book. (Incredible). Michalek has played well I admit. But we need the space. And if MacArthur comes back it's a massive plus. If not we can sign a cheap Lee player to fill some of michaleks role. Or officially promote a prospect. Neil and Phillips deal will be done. That right there is over 3 million. Next year we will have almost 15 more million dollars to work with. There's reason for optimism. Even if we don't rid ourselves of Michalek. That's ~ 10 million dollars. I'm willing to bet Murray does some shopping in free agency. Nothing big. But a few smart buys greater than the usual AHL hard working guy who played in the NHL that once time.

Last edited:

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Two names that jumped out at me on the FA list are ehrhoff and boedker. If sens could nab boedker that would be beautiful. And I've always loved ehrhoff. I also saw Scottie upshalls name which would be awesome because I'm still very nostalgic about that world junior team.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I thought you were doing a what if scenario.

We aren't rebuilding now. Murray won't go out that way. I don't blame him for that. What we should be doing. Probably after this draft. Trade for one piece up front. And one piece on defence. Not huge deals. But another MacArthur type FA. And a methot type deal.

If ceci is our long term option then we are doing a disservice to him by not getting him help.

Tanking has been my favors course of action since 2011 but it's not going to happen. This is what we are.

If we aren't in the mix by trade deadline. Which we probably will be. But regardless. In the summer. I'm moving greening and michalek Cowen. That's ~ 10 mil off the book. (Incredible). Michalek has played well I admit. But we need the space. And if MacArthur comes back it's a massive plus. If not we can sign a cheap Lee player to fill some of michaleks role. Or officially promote a prospect. Neil and Phillips deal will be done. That right there is over 3 million. Next year we will have almost 15 more million dollars to work with. There's reason for optimism. Even if we don't rid ourselves of Michalek. That's ~ 10 million dollars. I'm willing to bet Murray does some shopping in free agency. Nothing big. But a few smart buys greater than the usual AHL hard working guy who played in the NHL that once time.

Yes it is a what if scenario but I guess it was spurred on by lack of faith in the current state. I just see more of the same. Battle to just make or just miss the playoffs. Draft in the middle of the pack... try to retain our good players while we mire in mediocrity. We are developing but our best prospects are a couple or more years away. That's just how I see us. So how do we fix it. I like your ideas. That might do it. If we tank by moving a piece we need now to get pieces for later maybe it works out better. Maybe we have more pieces at the right level at the right time going forward.

No big deal. Just splorin'

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Yes it is a what if scenario but I guess it was spurred on by lack of faith in the current state. I just see more of the same. Battle to just make or just miss the playoffs. Draft in the middle of the pack... try to retain our good players while we mire in mediocrity. We are developing but our best prospects are a couple or more years away. That's just how I see us. So how do we fix it. I like your ideas. That might do it. If we tank by moving a piece we need now to get pieces for later maybe it works out better. Maybe we have more pieces at the right level at the right time going forward.

No big deal. Just splorin'

I think the next two years are truly key. That's when we have all the money being freed up. We will have money to spend if not this summer. Definitely next.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->