Rumor: 2015-2016 Season Trade Rumours & Proposals | Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

InTkachukWeTrust

Nov 10, 2013
come to think of it i wouldn't oppose. Ottawa takes a wack on defense but our forwards are stacked. can always sign free agent defensemen

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Karlsson is easily worth more than Giroux.

Good grief, guys. I know many folks are desperate for some kind of change, but you don't throw away generational player to kick up a regular star.

derriko

Mar 7, 2009
Las Vegas
Funny I was just about to advocate trying to acquire Perron.

Maybe Pitt would sell off their other underperforming winger in Hornqvist? We know Murray has always coveted him and tried to pry him from Nashville.

Hornqvist-Turris-Stone
Hoffman-Zib-Ryan

Gives you a legit scorer to get passes from Turris and Stone and pushes a player like Michalek and / if MacArthur comes back you have a great forward core.

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
Funny I was just about to advocate trying to acquire Perron.

Maybe Pitt would sell off their other underperforming winger in Hornqvist? We know Murray has always coveted him and tried to pry him from Nashville.

Hornqvist-Turris-Stone
Hoffman-Zib-Ryan

Gives you a legit scorer to get passes from Turris and Stone and pushes a player like Michalek and / if MacArthur comes back you have a great forward core.

i think pittsburgh is looking to trade its underperforming wingers for another winger to see if there is a fit

if we are going for hornqvist one of our wingers have to be going back, if you take out stone/hoffman/ryan then i dunno why pittsburgh wants to make that deal

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
This team is more than one better player away from taking the step from mediocre to decent.

I think that this is another reason why management isn't making trades: the timing isn't ideal since the Senators aren't very good.

Our dollar being in the tank and small budget considerations worsen this of course but there is some sense, in my mind, to the notion that selling low on a player to get someone who will probably not change things that much isn't great due to this franchise's margin of error being essentially non-existent.

Last edited:

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
This team needs more than one better player away from taking the step from mediocre to decent.

I think that is also another reason why management isn't making trades: the timing isn't ideal since the Senators aren't very good.

Our dollar being in the tank and small budget considerations worsen this of course but there is some sense, in my mind, to the notion that selling low on a player to get someone who will probably not change things that much isn't great due to this franchise's margin of error being essentially non-existent.

maybe its me but i really do think we are 1 defenceman away from being decent/even slightly above average

when we have paired our young defenceman (the ones with some upside still in claesson and ceci) with our top defenceman they have looked decent. If we can get another good defenceman, reunite methot and karlsson and actually run our best defenceman we can look good or at least decent

methot-karlsson
TOP 4 dman-Ceci
Claesson/Boro-Wideman

we were easily in the top 5-7 for scoring before cameron started experimenting (now 11) and in terms of just starters (not counting backups due to small sample size) anderson is 14th in save% which is amazing considering our defence right now

i really think thats what is frustrating the fan base the most, we are right their on the edge but due to stupid decisions we arent getting the results we need. The constant playing of wier/cowen has to stop and running any of wier/cowen/boro as a top 4 defenceman really shouldnt be happening ever. How murray thought that would be fine as a defence core moving forward is beyond me

Then our PP, last i checked the purpose of the PP was to score a goal, if we can only score a goal by stacking our first unit and that makes our second unit weak then WHO THE **** CARES, we are giving ourselves the best shot at scoring a goal

Its the little things that are adding up that is just sending this fan base into a depression, even by making proper lines there is a decent chance we could have had 3-5 more points right now...

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
All the Sens fans at work stopped watching them

This team is in serious trouble: the frustration with the direction is very, very real

PeterSidorkiewicz

HFWF Tourney Undisputed Champion
Apr 30, 2004
Lansing, MI
This season is the least amount of Sens games I've watched in 20 years. I've watched about half. Still not sure if it's adulthood or the team.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Agreed.

You must see how "the guys at work not watching" is a bad way to gauge the direction of a sports team

The direction of the team isn't gauged by fan interested

The financial situation of a very small budget team however, that's a different story

Obviously we are one epic run away from generating a lot of interest but the whole "go on run or play bad hockey" is wearing thin on people and that ought to be concerning to ownership

I think the Ottawa fans are a bit underrated in that even when the team did poorly in the past, people cared. This is not the case at the moment and that should worry plenty of people.

This season is the least amount of Sens games I've watched in 20 years. I've watched about half. Still not sure if it's adulthood or the team.

I'd bet both but I'm also confident we'd all make more of a effort to catch games we can if the team wasn't so bland, boring and painful to watch.

Fandlauer

Apr 23, 2013
Ottawa unless it becomes a disaster

The team. I've gone from long time season ticket holder, to a fan that hasn't watched 5 whole games this year. It feels great. I've saved a bunch of money, and not caring is just so much more relaxing. A decade of mediocrity has done me in.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
The team. I've gone from long time season ticket holder, to a fan that hasn't watched 5 whole games this year. It feels great. I've saved a bunch of money, and not caring is just so much more relaxing. A decade of mediocrity has done me in.

I was more excited about the team in 2010-2011 than I am now.

We have the best dman in the NHL and the team completely sucks; this franchise is in serious trouble.

Iamok

Oct 20, 2010
The franchise is far from trouble...

This place always seems to ebb and flow between obnoxiously overconfident and depressingly negative. The fact is we're a young team with lots of quality pieces.

However, we're at the point in our development where we need external moves to take that next step and management hasn't done that; most likely for budget reasons...seriously, how long's it been since we've acquired a significant roster player?

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
The franchise is far from trouble...

This place always seems to ebb and flow between obnoxiously overconfident and depressingly negative. The fact is we're a young team with lots of quality pieces.

However, we're at the point in our development where we need external moves to take that next step and management hasn't done that; most likely for budget reasons...seriously, how long's it been since we've acquired a significant roster player?

Just to be clear, by "trouble" I don't think the team is in imminent danger of relocating or anything that drastic.

Just that the fanbase has reached a tipping point: we've been sold the rebuild, we've been sold the fact that this team is on budget, we've been sold on this team can play some amazing hockey. However the product is still not very good.

We got MacArthur and Ryan in the summer of 2013 but not much since then.

sens613

Apr 12, 2012
I wouldn't call people who stop watching games for free on television due to a slump or not being a contender fans anyways.

Find a professional franchise in any sport that hasn't strung together a few rough years. Real fans much like real fans don't quit when you/team hit rough patches.

But ya I'd still love a top 4 defender I have been asking about for 3 years

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
I wouldn't call people who stop watching games for free on television due to a slump or not being a contender fans anyways.

Find a professional franchise in any sport that hasn't strung together a few rough years. Real fans much like real fans don't quit when you/team hit rough patches.

But ya I'd still love a top 4 defender I have been asking about for 3 years

Less people watching on TV means less people going to games.

There is correlation between the two even if it isn't necessarily 1:1 (or even close to).

We are a very small budget team, prolonged dips in attendance are damaging and especially so with our dollar being in the tank.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad