2015-2016 Penguins: Annual "Buy or Sell" Thread

cygnus47

Sep 14, 2013
Hmm, sell. Just because I shudder thinking of Tocchet as an interim coach. MJ will get another season again barring a massive collapse.

Buy/sell: Perron will be a third liner on the team and dealt around the trade deadline.

Sell, Perron is bouncing back and will be a key guy in the top 6.

Buy/Sell: our powerplay will be the best in the league.

Country Mac

Violent Gents Unite
Apr 7, 2014
San Diego, CA
Sell, Perron is bouncing back and will be a key guy in the top 6.

Buy/Sell: our powerplay will be the best in the league.

Eh, sell. It'll be jacked for sure but I think they'll still pass too much to be #1.

Two of Andersen/Erixon/Clendening and Dumoulin all have breakout years, forcing the Pens to get rid of Lovejoy/Scuderi and roll 7D.

displacedpensfan

Dec 23, 2008
Hmm, sell. Just because I shudder thinking of Tocchet as an interim coach. MJ will get another season again barring a massive collapse.

Buy/sell: Perron will be a third liner on the team and dealt around the trade deadline.

I think Jacques Martin would be a more likely interim than Tocchet. I still don't get the org's man crush on him; when Downie was around he was sorta semi-useful, but with Downie no longer around.....

Penguinator

Kesselator
Sep 17, 2014
Space
Eh, sell. It'll be jacked for sure but I think they'll still pass too much to be #1.

Two of Andersen/Erixon/Clendening and Dumoulin all have breakout years, forcing the Pens to get rid of Lovejoy/Scuderi and roll 7D.

Sell, only Dumoulin has a realistic chance of doing that even though i like Erixon.

In his next press conference Mario Lemieux's speech will include at least two "obviously" (obviously).

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
sell, 74 games, gets the mumps.

MAF will have a save percentage over .915

Sell: I think MAF's stats will suffer because the defense in front of him is truly abysmal outside of the first pairing. Even if we split up Letang and Maatta, we don't have anyone who is good enough to move up. It's two first pairing guys and a bunch of 3rd pairing guys.

Buy/Sell; Malkin or Crosby win the Art Ross by 10+ points with the new top six and PP combinations.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
Sell: I think MAF's stats will suffer because the defense in front of him is truly abysmal outside of the first pairing. Even if we split up Letang and Maatta, we don't have anyone who is good enough to move up. It's two first pairing guys and a bunch of 3rd pairing guys.

Buy/Sell; Malkin or Crosby win the Art Ross by 10+ points with the new top six and PP combinations.

Buy.

Though MAF still did well even having Lovejoy and others in the top four. I don't think he suffers.

Buy/Sell: The Pens have more than three in the Allstar game?

Penguinator

Kesselator
Sep 17, 2014
Space
Buy.

Though MAF still did well even having Lovejoy and others in the top four. I don't think he suffers.

Buy/Sell: The Pens have more than three in the Allstar game?

Sell, there's only so many stars per team that can represent & Fleury would have to show better than his last season .920% to be there (while having a suspect D in front of him).

The PP falters again but Tocchet stays because... buddy.

Nakawick

Minty Fresh
Apr 5, 2010
The Range
Sell, there's only so many stars per team that can represent & Fleury would have to show better than his last season .920% to be there (while having a suspect D in front of him).

The PP falters again but Tocchet stays because... buddy.

Sell, Tocchet gives way to Martin who stays behind the bench along with MJ instead.

Gordie comes around to respect Perron after his 60 point season.

21pensfan

Jul 28, 2015
Sell, Tocchet gives way to Martin who stays behind the bench along with MJ instead.

Gordie comes around to respect Perron after his 60 point season.

Buy.

Buy/Sell: The Pens finally win the 15-16 season serious vs the Flyers.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Sell. Scoring is just too hard these days.

Buy or Sell: Plotnikov scores 20 goals or 45 points.

Conditional Buy/Sell:

Buy - He's top 6 next to Geno+whoever.

Sell - He's on the 4th line with Cullen and...whoever.

Penguinator

Kesselator
Sep 17, 2014
Space
Buy- It's his last chance, and hopefully the new conditioning coaches are better.

Buy/Sell- Farnham plays in over 30 games.

Sell, i love the guy but we're in trouble if he plays 30+, play him in all the games against the Cryers, Jets & Blue Jackets though.

Buy/Sell: Bobby Clarke will insult the Pens again.

PensBandwagonerNo272*

Forgot About Sid
Sep 10, 2012
Sell: At some point, yup. Probably not this year though. I don't see the Flyers being overly competitive.

Buy/Sell: Pouliot scores at least 30 points this season.

Giant Yankee Pens

May 17, 2010
Sell: At some point, yup. Probably not this year though. I don't see the Flyers being overly competitive.

Buy/Sell: Pouliot scores at least 30 points this season.

Buy. As long as he plays 75+ games.

Buy or Sell: Fehr plays 3RW if/when we have a fully healthy forwards group. (Probably with Bonino and Kunitz/Dupuis)

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00