2015-2016 Penguins: Annual "Buy or Sell" Thread

Nakawick

Minty Fresh
Apr 5, 2010
The Range
Buy... but it might happen in WB.

Kessel ends up being the PPQB on the LW halfwall.

Sell. The ppqb will play on the right wall with kess being a trigger man from the left side. Buy sell, Erixon, Andersen and clendening will combined dress for more games than scuds snd love joy.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Sell. The ppqb will play on the right wall with kess being a trigger man from the left side. Buy sell, Erixon, Andersen and clendening will combined dress for more games than scuds snd love joy.

Sell.

Buy or Sell: Dumoulin plays 90% of the games that he's healthy for.

Darth Vitale

Dark Matter
Aug 21, 2003
Darkness
Buy/Sell: The Penguins will have less than 100 man games lost.

Big sell on that one.

As an aside, I asked about 200 games earlier. Less than 100 is unrealistic. If you think about it this way: just one man out to injury each game, that's 82 lost. When's the last time anything remotely like that happened with us?

http://www.mangameslost.com/category/nhl/nhl-2014-2015-season/
(Check out the second graphic . . . not to derail the thread but hopefully we continue to take a hard look at our training regimen. Something ain't right. Fix it, Gary!)

Buy or sell: Letang plays a full 82 game season.

Farnham4top6

Despres #1D
Mar 6, 2011
north of you
Big sell on that one.

As an aside, I asked about 200 games earlier. Less than 100 is unrealistic. If you think about it this way: just one man out to injury each game, that's 82 lost. When's the last time anything remotely like that happened with us?

http://www.mangameslost.com/category/nhl/nhl-2014-2015-season/
(Check out the second graphic . . . not to derail the thread but hopefully we continue to take a hard look at our training regimen. Something ain't right.)

Buy or sell: Letang plays a full 82 game season.

Sell he will lose 8 games to injury and 3 to suspension.

buy or sell MAF will be our best player as usual under the season?

Darth Vitale

Dark Matter
Aug 21, 2003
Darkness
buy or sell MAF will be our best player as usual under the season?

Sell. One of the best but I'm optimistic one of the big forwards will steal the show.

But or sell: After Platonikov goes a few games without scoring, maybe has a bad game, Rob Rossi will ask one of the coaches or GMs if he was brought in "because of the Russian factor" to make Geno "happy."

Asuna

Lvl 94 Sub-Leader
Apr 27, 2014
Pittsburgh
Sell. One of the best but I'm optimistic one of the big forwards will steal the show.

But or sell: After Platonikov goes a few games without scoring, maybe has a bad game, Rob Rossi will ask one of the coaches or GMs if he was brought in "because of the Russian factor" to make Geno "happy."

Buy.

Buy/Sell: Will the Penguins actually win a game this season when trailing before the third period? (Yes they did not win a game when trailing before the third period last season...not one game)

Headshot77

Bad Photoshopper
Feb 15, 2015
Buy.

Buy/Sell: Will the Penguins actually win a game this season when trailing before the third period? (Yes they did not win a game when trailing before the third period last season...not one game)

Buy, I hope to God.

Murray sees at least one NHL game this season.

Penguinator

Kesselator
Sep 17, 2014
Space

But, because he's all about the butt.

Zatkoff will get two shut outs.

EVGENIMERLIN

Jun 29, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
By the end of the season, Scuderi is either retired, or playing anywhere other than Pittsburgh.

Sell unfortunately. I think he may be in the press box, but he will be here. I doubt he retires or he is able to get traded. Buyout next season I could see.

Buy or Sell: Pens have a winning record against the Metro next year

displacedpensfan

Dec 23, 2008
Sell unfortunately. I think he may be in the press box, but he will be here. I doubt he retires or he is able to get traded. Buyout next season I could see.

Buy or Sell: Pens have a winning record against the Metro next year

Buy, but not by a lot. I think the offensive changes we have made allow us to simply outscore everyone even if the defense isn't as good this year.

Buy/Sell: Kunitz rebounds into something resembling the player he once was?

BumFortyOne

Nov 13, 2006
Berkeley

Sorry to interrupt and be that guy, but I think I've seen you refer to Plotnikov as "Platonikov" several times in various threads. So yeah... it's Plotnikov.

Carry on.

Darth Vitale

Dark Matter
Aug 21, 2003
Darkness
Sorry to interrupt and be that guy, but I think I've seen you refer to Plotnikov as "Platonikov" several times in various threads. So yeah... it's Plotnikov.

Carry on.

I will thank you very much not to correct my spelling.

(BTW have you ever heard of Alex Goglanovski? He's a cousin of Platkonov. True story.)

(More BTW: it was 100% intentional. In every thread. I have spelling intel on the actual spelling of Russian players' names. And Polish-sounding player names. The KGB changes the spellings to throw us off the trail.)

plaidchuck

Feb 26, 2013
Pittsburgh
Buy.

Buy/Sell: If the Penguins get off to a slow start through December, Johnston will be fired

Hmm, sell. Just because I shudder thinking of Tocchet as an interim coach. MJ will get another season again barring a massive collapse.

Buy/sell: Perron will be a third liner on the team and dealt around the trade deadline.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad