2015-2016 Penguins: Annual "Buy or Sell" Thread

Darth Vitale

Dark Matter
Aug 21, 2003
Darkness
Fleury get .920% again or more.

Sell. Not because I think he'll relapse or have problems, but because in the first half of the season our D will struggle some.

Buy or Sell: Hornqvist and Kessel will be grouped on the same power play and Hornqvist will actually get the higher number of PPG due to Kessel deflections and cleaning up around the net.

Asuna

Lvl 94 Sub-Leader
Apr 27, 2014
Pittsburgh
Sell. I think Geno wins it if he playes with Kessel and they both stay healthy.

Buy or sell: Assuming full seasons both Fehr and Boniner will reach 35 points.

Sell. Fehr may miss the first month or so of the season. Plus he may play 3/4 line minutes. Bonino should hit that mark though.

Buy/Sell: Malkin will play 78+ games.

Mike Lange Version 2

Jun 8, 2015
Houston, TX
Sell. Fehr may miss the first month or so of the season. Plus he may play 3/4 line minutes. Bonino should hit that mark though.

Buy/Sell: Malkin will play 78+ games.

Sell, not by much, but Malkin always gets something wrong to him, I'd guess 70-75.

Buy/Sell: The Pens will have home ice advantage for the 1st round of the playoffs.

Boocock

Feb 3, 2007
Buy or Sell:
Bonino - Bennett turns out to be a better combo than Sutter - Bennett.

Harvey Birdman

…Need some law books, with pictures this time…
Oct 21, 2008
Penguins Legal Office
Sell

Kessel will be top 3 in the league in shots.

Sell: while it could very well happen, I see Kessel being able to be more selective about his shot choices with two of the best setup guys in the league playing pivot to him. I could be 100% wrong but IMO a player like Kessel will have to take fewer shots due to the quality of setups he will have with Crosby and Malkin than he has in the past.

Buy/Sell: Dupuis finishes out his contract as a Penguin finding a way to be a serviceable player on his contract and becoming a corner stone of our bottom six.

Whambino

Nov 28, 2014
Buy or Sell:
Bonino - Bennett turns out to be a better combo than Sutter - Bennett.
Buy: Bonino will create more offense on his own and that will allow Bennet to have more space.

Sell: while it could very well happen, I see Kessel being able to be more selective about his shot choices with two of the best setup guys in the league playing pivot to him. I could be 100% wrong but IMO a player like Kessel will have to take fewer shots due to the quality of setups he will have with Crosby and Malkin than he has in the past.

Buy/Sell: Dupuis finishes out his contract as a Penguin finding a way to be a serviceable player on his contract and becoming a corner stone of our bottom six.
Buy: The medical staff will take care of Duper properly (finally) and MJ will use him very effectively in an energy/defense role.

Buy/Sell:
Pouliot finishes amoung top 30 D-men in powerplay points.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Buy: Bonino will create more offense on his own and that will allow Bennet to have more space.

Buy: The medical staff will take care of Duper properly (finally) and MJ will use him very effectively in an energy/defense role.

Buy/Sell:
Pouliot finishes amoung top 30 D-men in powerplay points.

Sell. MJ will leave Letang on the top unit too long for DP to do it this year.

Buy or Sell: We have 6 players score 20 goals or more.

tom_servo

Sep 27, 2002
Pittsburgh
Sell, not because he'll suck but rather because he'll lack ice time with the big Pens, hope i'm wrong though.

Horny scores thirty.

Buy, if he's healthy. He's going to be on a stacked line one way or the other, and Kessel could provide additional deflection fodder.

Buy or sell, Kunitz scores 50 points.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
Sell: Gonna be tough to hit that on the 3rd or 4th line, which is where he better be playing if we can't dump him this summer.

Buy or Sell: Pouliot acquits himself as a guy ready and capable of 2nd pairing minutes and responsibility this season--on both sides of the puck.

KrisLetAngry

MrJukeBoy
Dec 20, 2013
Saskatchewan
Sell: Gonna be tough to hit that on the 3rd or 4th line, which is where he better be playing if we can't dump him this summer.

Buy or Sell: Pouliot acquits himself as a guy ready and capable of 2nd pairing minutes and responsibility this season--on both sides of the puck.

I ll buy that.

Will Crosby Malkin and Kessel get 120 goals combined

Or if injuries a gpg of
1.5 between the three of them.

Penguinator

Kesselator
Sep 17, 2014
Space
I ll buy that.

Will Crosby Malkin and Kessel get 120 goals combined

Or if injuries a gpg of
1.5 between the three of them.

Sell, they'll get 110 at most. Only so many goals to go around. Not that it's impossible mind you.

Will Farnham succeed at luring an opponent into a game misconduct?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad