2015-2016 Minnesota Wild General Discussion V

Status
Not open for further replies.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Wild players have to be careful with this guy behind the bench!

e700ea79e6593821ba9a3b517d550bcf.500x187x16.gif

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
Amazing how Haula is actually play well when he doesn't have to worry about getting scratched every other game just because Yeo feels like he didn't play a perfect game.

Also good to see the kids getting some blue line minutes as well. Yeo would have given Suter 35 and wouldn't have batted an eye at it. At this point, lets see if its bust or bonus with some of them.

Dee Oh Cee

Aug 4, 2010
Eagan
I think that's a little bit unfair. In last night's postgame Haula directly credits Yeo for his recent success.

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
This is true but let's not let facts get in a way of bashing Yeo some more.

Has nothing to do with bashing. He was the first one to be scratched every single game and there never any reason to why it was happening over other players who were having just as hard of a time getting on the points board. Granlund being one of them.

Haula also averaged 5 minutes more TOI last game (15:20), with 11:57 of that being on ES. Hell before that I think Haula would hover around 10 minutes of ice time and 4 of that would be on PK. He never saw the ice.

Granlund had 13 minutes of ice time with 10 of it being ES.

Suter had 27 minutes. Prosser had 20. Spurgeon has 21. It is almost like there was balancing in the ice time!

Coach sees something many of us were already seeing before the firing happened. Certain players were not getting the chance to flourish.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
Has nothing to do with bashing. He was the first one to be scratched every single game and there never any reason to why it was happening over other players who were having just as hard of a time getting on the points board. Granlund being one of them.

Haula also averaged 5 minutes more TOI last game (15:20), with 11:57 of that being on ES. Hell before that I think Haula would hover around 10 minutes of ice time and 4 of that would be on PK. He never saw the ice.

Granlund had 13 minutes of ice time with 10 of it being ES.

Suter had 27 minutes. Prosser had 20. Spurgeon has 21. It is almost like there was balancing in the ice time!

Coach sees something many of us were already seeing before the firing happened. Certain players were not getting the chance to flourish.
I know that Haula had struggled for a long time, so some may argue that he deserved less ice time and to sit out games. But the problem is (during the past couple months), Poms wasn't ANY better than Haula. Granlund wasn't any better than Haula. Many guys weren't any better during the slump, yet did they get reduced ice time? Did they get scratched? Were any held accountable for their sloppy play? Nope.

Many 3rd and 4th liners were carrying this team for a while when the top 6 was useless. Hell, how many games did we have when the top 6 couldn't even get shots on net? And yet, who got less ice time? Who got scratched?

Last edited:

Nino Noderreiter

Jul 5, 2011
The Twin Cities
I know that Haula had struggled for a long time, so some may argue that he deserved less ice time and to sit out games. But the problem is, Poms wasn't ANY better than Haula. Granlund wasn't any better than Haula. Many guys weren't any better, yet did they get reduced ice time? Did they get scratched? Nope.

Many 3rd and 4th liners were carrying this team for a while when the top 6 was useless. Hell, how many games did we have when the top 6 couldn't even get shots on net? And yet, who got less ice time? Who got scratched?

Wait, so you're on record saying Haula--with a career high of 15 points and a guy who has never hit 10 goals or 10 assists in a season--is a better player than Granlund?

Saving this post to put in my signature :laugh::laugh::laugh: #greathockeytakes Oh wait...

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Haula has 6 goals, 11 assists, 17 points in 51 games
Granlund has 5 goals, 24 assists, 29 points in 57 games

Haula has 19 goals, 27 assists, 46 points in 169 games
Granlund has 23 goals, 94 assists, 117 points in 215 games

Haula 0.27 pts/gm
Granlund 0.54 pts/gm

Haula is about to turn 25
Granlund is about to turn 24

I think it's clear Granlund is BY FAR the better player, and 99% will likely remain that way through their careers.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Wait, so you're on record saying Haula--with a career high of 15 points and a guy who has never hit 10 goals or 10 assists in a season--is a better player than Granlund?

Saving this post to put in my signature :laugh::laugh::laugh: #greathockeytakes Oh wait...

I don't think that's what she said, I think she said that Haula was better than Granlund during the whole slump thing, yet Haula was the one that got scratched, while Granlund was still spoonfed top ice time.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
I don't think that's what she said, I think she said that Haula was better than Granlund during the whole slump thing, yet Haula was the one that got scratched, while Granlund was still spoonfed top ice time.
You are correct! My bad if the wording was misleading....I tried to fix it a bit. But yeah, I don't think Haula is better than Granlund. But for two guys no better than each other during this horrible slump, one was treated very differently than the other.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
You are correct! My bad if the wording was misleading....I tried to fix it a bit. But yeah, I don't think Haula is better than Granlund. But for two guys no better than each other during this horrible slump, one was treated very differently than the other.

One of the many reasons we wanted Yeo gone, and now things are changing.

gwh

Mar 4, 2013
Prosser was completely lost yesterday and today.

Maybe it is time for Folin-Reilly after Scandella is back?

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Dear god Scandella and Brodin need to get back. Run:

Suter-Spurgeon
Scandella-Dumba
Reilly-Brodin

All at 20 minutes.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Dear god Scandella and Brodin need to get back. Run:

Suter-Spurgeon
Scandella-Dumba
Reilly-Brodin

All at 20 minutes.

Call me weird, but I'd like to see Suter/ Dumba, Spurgeron/Scandella, then Brodin/Brodin's clone or Reilly.

That is one hell of a mobile D.

JermDubs

Dec 16, 2013
What do we think for D pairings when Brodin and Scandella are back?

Suter-Spurgeon
Scandella-Dumba
Brodin-Reilly?

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
Call me weird, but I'd like to see Suter/ Dumba, Spurgeron/Scandella, then Brodin/Brodin's clone or Reilly.

That is one hell of a mobile D.

This is actually what I want to see tbh. You have good dmen who can cover for their partner who are more offensive minded and S^2 has always been amazing.

gwh

Mar 4, 2013
I d flip Reilly to LHD. TOI after each name.

Suter25-Spurgeon20
Scandella20-Dumba20
Reilly15-Brodin20

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Reilly Spurgeon would make a nice #2 PP unit, and give Scandella some rest so we can lean on him for PK and tight game duties, which are more tiring. As good as Reilly might be on the PP, I'm still not sure that Scandella wouldn't be just as good, if not better, especially playing with Spurge. He has got a hard shot, and isn't averse to moving up if needed.

Hell, I haven't given on Brodin as a PP option. I think it would force him into being more aggressive offensively.

Unfortunately, both Scandella and Brodin are the victim of both their defensive competence and Dumba/ Reilly's combination of defensive mediocrity and offensive brilliance.

I can see a time in the not so distant future when Suter doesn't play of the PP and we save him for more defensive duties.

Imagine a Reilly/Brodin THIRD pairing? Yeoww. Two of, if not the two best skaters on the team and they play third pairing D?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad