2015-2016 Minnesota Wild General Discussion V

Status
Not open for further replies.

Minnewildsota

He who laughs last thinks slowest
Jun 7, 2010
I'd hate to play Dallas. Would only take one of Seguin or Benn getting hot to sink any team.

But Dallas is a 1 line, possible 2 line, team. That will get you nowhere in the playoffs. You need depth. Not worried about them in the playoffs. At all.

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
4 options:

Chicago = Nope
Dallas = Noooope
Blues = Maybe
Kings = Why not?

Pacifist is a dumpster. Next bracket is either SJ or ANA.

Very happy if we end the season in Wildcard 1.

I would only be happy with playing Chicago just so we can get that monkey off our backs. Reminds me of when SF couldn't beat GB back in the 90's and they finally did and they went into the SB and just destroyed them. If we beat Chicago, the cup would be theirs. So much confidence would be spewing from the players.

I'd hate to play Dallas. Would only take one of Seguin or Benn getting hot to sink any team.

Exactly. Or their goalies getting hot.

Seguin, Benn, Kane and Tarasenko could beat a team pretty much by themselves.

I don't see anybody over in the Pacific that could do the same. Perry/Getzlaf/Carter/Thornton/Couture aren't on that level anymore.

Absolutely. I think the Pacific (as we have seen before) is a one man team. But that team has Kopitar, Carter and Doughtey and probably the best American goaltender ever.

But Dallas is a 1 line, possible 2 line, team. That will get you nowhere in the playoffs. You need depth. Not worried about them in the playoffs. At all.

See you say that. But that was said about teams like Tampa and New York too. I don't want anything to do with those 1, possible 2 lines. If they start clicking or fully healthy they are deadly.

TwiztedHeat

Feb 6, 2010
I really am not worried about playing any team in the playoffs. If this team carries the swagger they have had the last 4, then we can beat any team in 7. We can clearly beat CHI, DAL has awful defense and average goaltending, STL is weaker than last year, LA might be the toughest of the bunch, ANA also looks great lately, SJ isn't a threat, and whoever else makes it out of NSH and COL is a toss up.

Nharris31

Aug 9, 2013
Seguin, Benn, Kane and Tarasenko could beat a team pretty much by themselves.

I don't see anybody over in the Pacific that could do the same. Perry/Getzlaf/Carter/Thornton/Couture aren't on that level anymore.

Tarasenko tried to beat the wild by himself last year and it didn't work.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
Here's a better one:

Minnesota barely misses the playoffs by 2 points, getting the 14th pick in the draft. They pick another two-way forward, which won't help the team next season. In the off-season they trade for RNH, who promptly gets injured (he hasn't played a full season yet and has missed significant time) while Jonas Brodin now with his old buddy Klefbom breaks out offensively and scores 40 points next season. Meanwhile, Minnesota has another major slump next season.

Just STOP STOP STOP.

Just for once could you lay off the negativity and let us enjoy a little bit of optimism without having to be the cloud to our silver lining? The only things you ever have to say on here are negative, and I get that! This team has up until a little more than a week ago been a big steaming pile of negativity! Hell I even had a good epic rant about it myself, the first in years, but good god, can't you give the negative vibe thing a rest for just a little bit without trying to kick our cautiously optimistic mood in the balls and make it go back to writhing on the floor and begging for it to stop?

It's all the same from you! Always something about how you hate Fletcher and yeah a lot of that stuff is justified especially after seeing how long it took him to finally jettison the master of the Yeobots, but could you please just STOP with the negativity for ONCE and let us ENJOY a decent cup of optimism??? I realize we come out of this slump with a kick to the pants every ****ing year but could you at least leave allowance for the possibility that perhaps, just maybe, possibly, cautiously, optimistically, hopefully, this change in coaches leads to a change that lets gets us the **** away from the midseason slump???

Enough already with the ****ing negativity! We had enough of that during the 1-13 skid!! Just STOP and lets us enjoy things!! JUST STOP!!!!!

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN

It will get you nowhere when it comes to getting a Stanley Cup.

In rounds 1 and 2? Yeah, a 1 or 2 line team can get you somewhere.

Nsjohnson

Hockey.
Jun 22, 2012
Miami
Just STOP STOP STOP.

Just for once could you lay off the negativity and let us enjoy a little bit of optimism without having to be the cloud to our silver lining? The only things you ever have to say on here are negative, and I get that! This team has up until a little more than a week ago been a big steaming pile of negativity! Hell I even had a good epic rant about it myself, the first in years, but good god, can't you give the negative vibe thing a rest for just a little bit without trying to kick our cautiously optimistic mood in the balls and make it go back to writhing on the floor and begging for it to stop?

It's all the same from you! Always something about how you hate Fletcher and yeah a lot of that stuff is justified especially after seeing how long it took him to finally jettison the master of the Yeobots, but could you please just STOP with the negativity for ONCE and let us ENJOY a decent cup of optimism??? I realize we come out of this slump with a kick to the pants every ****ing year but could you at least leave allowance for the possibility that perhaps, just maybe, possibly, cautiously, optimistically, hopefully, this change in coaches leads to a change that lets gets us the **** away from the midseason slump???

Enough already with the ****ing negativity! We had enough of that during the 1-13 skid!! Just STOP and lets us enjoy things!! JUST STOP!!!!!

Thank you for reading my mind. Seriously, thank you.

Nsjohnson

Hockey.
Jun 22, 2012
Miami
Winnable games that take us to the end of the season: Flyers, Aves, Leafs, Sabres, Oilers, Sens, Canadiens, Devils, Canes, Flames, Sens, Flames, Jets

Games that will be harder: Isles, Caps, Panthers, Blues, Hawks, Kings, Hawks, Sharks

Very generally speaking, if the Wild keep playing the way they are, they should win many of those top games, and some of the harder games.

We have 23 games left. I believe about 14 of them are winnable (or as much as one can say that in a league this good). I believe we may win 10 of those 14. Of the other 9 games, the 'harder' games, we may win, say, using the under, 4 of them.

That's 28 points of W's. That would give us 92 points. We may have to do better. We may be competing with Colorado and Nashville exclusively for the last two spots.

If you guys haven't realized it, we will be absolutely fighting for our lives. The playoffs started yesterday.

hirawl

Used Register
Dec 27, 2010
While I have always spoken for optimism and I hear and in this particular case also agree with what Avder is saying, I find it a little bit odd that during the slump there was an absolute avalanche of negativity and ill will even though the play did not necessarily warrant it. At least half of the games they played excellent hockey. Just couldn't score. And the bad games were 3 or 4 tops.

Just as well as there is astounding amount of optimism and almost stupid over confidence now that the team has won four games. Yes, even though the play doesn't necessarily warrant it. They've played one good, two bad and one excellent game.

Don't get me wrong it's better this way, but maybe, just maybe, the tiny bit of negativity is sometimes needed just to get closer to realism. To counterbalance it out like.

All I'm saying nobody needs the overwhelming over-the-top negativity when things are going bad. That's when we should remember to call it out.

Anyway...**** but I've missed Avder's rants!:D

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
If we win the Isles game, we'll be tied with Colorado with two games in hand. :)

Minnewildsota

Jun 7, 2010
While I have always spoken for optimism and I hear and in this particular case also agree with what Avder is saying, I find it a little bit odd that during the slump there was an absolute avalanche of negativity and ill will even though the play did not necessarily warrant it. At least half of the games they played excellent hockey. Just couldn't score. And the bad games were 3 or 4 tops.

Just as well as there is astounding amount of optimism and almost stupid over confidence now that the team has won four games. Yes, even though the play doesn't necessarily warrant it. They've played one good, two bad and one excellent game.

Don't get me wrong it's better this way, but maybe, just maybe, the tiny bit of negativity is sometimes needed just to get closer to realism. To counterbalance it out like.

All I'm saying nobody needs the overwhelming over-the-top negativity when things are going bad. That's when we should remember to call it out.

Anyway...**** but I've missed Avder's rants!:D

That's the thing though, it's not a tiny bit. It's an everlasting wave of negativity. It doesn't stop. There's no "Hey, this is good" it's constantly "Everything is terrible and you should feel terrible". It really wears on people. I'm a generally positive person, with the amount of negativity coming from these boards, and a few posters in general, I've mostly stayed away. Judging by the post totals in the GDTs compared to what it was, I would say I'm not the only one that's shied away.

I get it, in the real world not everything smells like roses. Not everything has to smell like **** either.

Dakota Sioux

Wild Time
Aug 19, 2005
JAMESTOWN,ND
That's the thing though, it's not a tiny bit. It's an everlasting wave of negativity. It doesn't stop. There's no "Hey, this is good" it's constantly "Everything is terrible and you should feel terrible". It really wears on people. I'm a generally positive person, with the amount of negativity coming from these boards, and a few posters in general, I've mostly stayed away. Judging by the post totals in the GDTs compared to what it was, I would say I'm not the only one that's shied away.

I get it, in the real world not everything smells like roses. Not everything has to smell like **** either.

Very well said. I try and stay as positive as I can although during that bad stretch it was tough to. We all know what this team is capable of. They had the best start in franchise history. The talent is there in my opinion to not only get in the playoffs but to make some noise when there. Hopefully the Torch continues to burn bright at the X tonight against the Isle. Good time to get that first win at the home rink in 2016 tonight.

Last edited:

Dee Oh Cee

Aug 4, 2010
Eagan
Nice! Was thinking it was about to come up on the 3 week mark. Thursday will be exactly three weeks actually.

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
while i need a shot of positive in the @@@ & im extremely happy we beat the hawks stonedk cant be the only poster who thinks the wild fumbled an opportunity to have a unbelievable season & battle for the top of the division. this is a msg board so everyone should be entitled to their opinion.

tomgilbertfan

#WhyBother
Jun 22, 2008
Minnesota
while i need a shot of positive in the @@@ & im extremely happy we beat the hawks stonedk cant be the only poster who thinks the wild fumbled an opportunity to have a unbelievable season & battle for the top of the division. this is a msg board so everyone should be entitled to their opinion.

Everyone's entitled to an opinion, and everyone else is entitled to express that they are tired of that opinion.

Minnewildsota

Jun 7, 2010

I don't think anyone is saying that the Wild flubbed a very good season. It still could be. However, most people try to distance themselves from negativity because we get enough of it in our lives, why experience it with/at something that we're supposed to like and enjoy?

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Torch says that Brodin may skate Thursday.

Whoah! Now that's a positive!:handclap:

For all that we won the games out West, we really gave up a lot of chances and got lucky with posts,etc.. Getting Scandella back for CHI helped a lot. Brodin can only help more. Wonder who sits, Folin or Reilly? Since Brodin can play either side, it can be either.

Last edited:

tomgilbertfan

#WhyBother
Jun 22, 2008
Minnesota
Whoah! Now that's a positive!:handclap:

For all that we won the games out West, we really gave up a lot of chances and got lucky with posts,etc.. Getting Scandella back for CHI helped a lot. Brodin can only help more. Wonder who sits, Folin or Reilly? Since Brodin can play either side, it can be either.

Gotta wonder if Brodin skates on Thursday how long he'll need to get back to game-speed. I'm not sure how much he would've been able to work out in the last 3 weeks.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
But what if Brodin comes back, his foot/ankle isn't healed. He loses an edge and takes out the entire lineup! Then the arena implodes killing thousands!

Which causes us to lose the rest of our games, and nets us Mathews!:yo:

..... am I doing this right?...

BusQuets

Jul 16, 2010
Even though it looks funny Porter might not be that bad fit with Granlund and Vanek. :laugh:

Seems like Torch doesn't want to break any lines nor should he.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Hopefully the lack of a call up means that they aren't planning on Zucker being out for long. Otherwise you'd hope a guy like Downing might be given a chance, if was a 2 week thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad