2015-2016 CHL/NCAA/Euro Prospects Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
How good of a team is Djurgårdens in the SHL...are they considered a top team?

Agree. He is on the skinny side but as he gets older and stronger he will win more puck battles.

no, they struggled last year as only 1 team had fewer wins then them, they ended up 9th in the league out of 12. I never followed them before this year but I was told they had a lot of younger players, haven't really looked over the roster from last year though. One guy that I have noticed is former Sens draft pick Marcus Sorensen who's shown some things in the 2 games I've seen. He wasn't signed so he's a FA now, might be someone to keep an eye on.

I'm sure once Vejdemo fills out his frame and gets stronger his physical game will have more of an impact. I wasn't expecting him to have an impact there, but at least he was finishing his checks. I like that his frame looks as though he should be able to add a good bit. Granted it's hard to really gauge someone's frame in equipment but for his age and size he looks like he could add some mass without it being too much trouble.

Vejdemo being loaned to an Allsvenskan team wouldn't be the end of the world if it meant he were a contributing factor on the PP.

Still would like to see him stick around the SHL though.

yea I don't have a problem since on one hand getting more ice time for him while playing in a tougher league then he did last year is good, the downside is more as a fan I just won't get to see much of him if at all.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Playing some division 2 hockey would definitely not be such a bad thing for him. Honestly I hope he's in the Allsvenskan unless he really does get top 9 minutes with the big team. The first few games have looked promising in that regard, he's been getting a regular shift. I just don't want to see a repeat of the whole Collberg 5 minutes of play time a game situation, that would just kill his development dead, especially since he's had injuries in the last 2 years.

Et le But

Nov 28, 2010
New York
Lehkonen is one of my favourite prospects but last year was tough. But if he can bulk up, it will be possible to dismiss last year.

Vejdemo...I'm not sure I see it. I guess an Allsvenskan year would be the best way to see if he has offensive upside

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Not noticeably bigger to me but it's hard to tell from a stream. I agree with Montreal on his speed, he does look even quicker out there.
Edit: He just took a penalty on a 5 on 3 for his team which his coach probably won't like... Outside of that he's his usual self, he just loves to distribute the puck.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
was that Reway who just had that nice rush get called offside?

he had a good chance a minute or so before that.

shortly after that aforementioned rush (don't know if that was him or not) he drew a penalty on another rush.

i think he looks a bit stockier and quicker. Definitely seems more physically mature.

still have no idea whether he can be an NHLer. He's only 20 so he can still be better.

He made a few good things happen the little I watched him. He made a typical getting too fancy and lost the puck kind of play but it seemed like a broken play anyways and he seemed to recover quick enough that nothing came of it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
I'm real happy with how much play time Lehkonen is getting. It looks like he'll figure heavily into Frolonda's offense this year.On a side note, as usual I was impressed with Johnson and Janmark too, I wonder when their respective NHL teams will bring them to north america. Both are beyond ready in my book.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
does Reway look as big as he said he was on Twitter? glad he looks quicker.

I didn't notice him looking any bigger but was busy at work so didn't get to focus on the game as much as I wanted.

Yeah but didn't he have a serious injury or illness?

mono over the summer. He started off the year great, then hit a massive slump and then did better at the end of the season/playoffs.

yeah but still... 4 goals in 3 games? I've got tempered expectations about Lehkonen. Still great start.

not counting preseason, he has 2 goals in 2 games, 3 points. He hasn't faced very tough competition but always good to see him putting up points. I watched some of the game today and thought he was moving around well.

19VJ17

Mar 9, 2011
no, they struggled last year as only 1 team had fewer wins then them, they ended up 9th in the league out of 12. I never followed them before this year but I was told they had a lot of younger players, haven't really looked over the roster from last year though. One guy that I have noticed is former Sens draft pick Marcus Sorensen who's shown some things in the 2 games I've seen. He wasn't signed so he's a FA now, might be someone to keep an eye on.

Thanks buddy for the info. I guess if Vejdemo is playing on a weak team that might be good. He might be able to break there line up because they don't have as much depth as the better teams do.

Hopefully he is playing today:handclap:

What a bomb by Lekhonen.

Does anyone have video on his goal?
Sounds like Lekhonen is having a good start to the season. :handclap:

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Lots of penalties in the first so Lukas didn't see a whole lot of ice. I like what I see out of big Andreas Englund, the Sens might have a decent project on their hands with him.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
so how did Vejdemo look?

Should we be really pumped about this kid or just happy if he becomes an NHLer?

Not the best game to get a read on the kid with all the penalties but I really liked his skating and effort level. With that and his frame he kinda reminds me of early Eller, before he put on a lot of muscle mass. I'd say the conservative upside would still be something of a DLR type which is good for a third rounder. I'll have to watch more games to figure what his offensive upside might be, I can't give an honest opinion right now.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Do believe that this kid has skills....but would have benefitted immensely to play in a CHL environment from his overall game to the physical aspect of it. Alex Avtsin had tons of skills as well. Not saying that CHL would have streighten him up.....but we'd probably knew in advance what kind of overall player he'd would have become. Vejdemo is a really great raw talent. They rolled the dice in that 3rd round because of how important they thought his skills were all about. But you will always Wonder about those kids who have skills....but still have to put it all together and become as complete as they can in a North American pro environment.

For now, let's indeed enjoy the kid's progression. But he shouldn't have an evaluation on him whether he,s doing incredibly great or even if he struggles. We will know more the day he comes in the AHL. And even that...we will probably have to wait 2 years in the AHL as well......Avtsin looked pretty good in some games in his very 1st year.....

Last edited:

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
Do believe that this kid has skills....but would have benefitted immensely to play in a CHL environment from his overall game to the physical aspect of it.

yeah even though I have a very small sample size to go by but I'm just not loving the SHL as a development league for our prospects.

Not the best game to get a read on the kid with all the penalties but I really liked his skating and effort level. With that and his frame he kinda reminds me of early Eller, before he put on a lot of muscle mass. I'd say the conservative upside would still be something of a DLR type which is good for a third rounder. I'll have to watch more games to figure what his offensive upside might be, I can't give an honest opinion right now.

thanks PM. I guess it also depends on how high you value DLR. I'm pretty stoked on DLR so that would be amazing.

I'm starting to realize my expectations ran away with me on Vejdemo but who knows.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad